Problems with Family settings on Xbox One

Discus and support Problems with Family settings on Xbox One in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ok I got 3 consoles, a family of 4, only 3 of us play games, and was wondering why haven't made it to where we don't have to (in my case), buy a game 3... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BigIrish2015, Jan 24, 2020.

1. BigIrish2015
    BigIrish2015 Guest

Ok I got 3 consoles, a family of 4, only 3 of us play games, and was wondering why haven't made it to where we don't have to (in my case), buy a game 3 different times so we can all play it. Why is it not allowing my family to play the games or DLC
    I buy, unless Im signed in? To me that is problem because if I wanted to play something different or (in my case) play the same game on a different console in the other room I'm denied that option, at least not without signing myself out on the other console
    kicking the other two profiles (Both in Family) off in midgame bringing it down entirely to the main menus. In another example, ARK. I bought 3 DLC's for that game $30 each and had to make each purchase TWICE, just so my son and I could play together on
    a dedicated server I created on my wife's profile. I think that was mainly because of the "Home Console" feature getting in the way. - but yeah that happened. If you ask me, in my opinion, that HC Feature is understandable to an extent, but I feel it may
    be getting in the way with things you can do with the Family settings and accessibility with games and apps. I also know Im not the only one with this problem.

:)

BigIrish2015, Jan 24, 2020
  2. AridLizard Win User

if you are purchasing the subscriptions, games and DLC on your account you need to make the console that the other members of your family use most your Home Xbox.

that way anyone playing on the Home Xbox should have access to the Live Gold/Game Pass as well as the games and DLC (but not some in-game purchases such as game currency).
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Big,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We do recommend setting up the
    home console
    . This way only need two copies. You will share a copy with one of the other consoles. This will not work for all three unfortunately. You can submit an idea on

feedback.xbox.com
    . This will open a reddit page for ideas. The issue with the DLC could be that the home console may have been set wrong.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. MGrensburg Win User

Problem with the family settings

I'm having trouble with my family settings pass code , each time I put in the code it tells me that it's incorrect , please help
  5. davemcfly85 Win User

Family settings problem

nothing posted there, please repost so they can help you on the forum better, thanks.
  6. Tenchu Akahiro Win User

Family settings problem ...

oh Tuff one! Each 360 has a different set of codes to try resetting them. i am sorry i cant suggest much of anything to you due to my Guide rules! but i can suggest you to call Xbox Support at 1-800-4MY-Xbox and Explain your situation and they can help you
    locate which is the right button combination for your Xbox to Reset the Parental settings! thats all i can do for you!

Hope That helps! ^^
Thema:

1. Problems with Family settings on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Problems Family settings

2. Problème avec le mode famille :) [Mod Translation - Family mode problem]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problème avec le mode famille :) [Mod Translation - Family mode problem]: Je souhaite jouer en ligne, MAIS on me signale que je dois aller dans mes paramètres de confidentialité et de sécurité. Je m'y rends donc et on me signale que pour que j'octroie les permissions...
  3. Problem mit der Microsoft Familienfunktion[Translation-Microsoft Family Feature Issue]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem mit der Microsoft Familienfunktion[Translation-Microsoft Family Feature Issue]: I made an account with the security settings for kids, but now is the problem that I can't switch it on adult cause I deleted the adult account unintentionally. I down know the email or password...
  4. Problem with Family Gold sharing and Privacy Settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with Family Gold sharing and Privacy Settings: I have recently bought an Xbox Gold subscription and set my XBox one to my Home Xbox. However, the only way I can find for my two sons to play multiplayer games with their friends is to set all of...
  5. Xbox 360 reset family setting problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 reset family setting problems: xbox 360 2.0.17489.0 I tried but failed. I researched it and did on xbox but it could not help. I need password. e1a3d8b6-4ff4-458b-9010-84246858423c
  6. Family member privacy settings problem - still unresolved

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family member privacy settings problem - still unresolved: I described my problem and asked for help here: Added my son as a family member and friend on Xbox Live, can't change his privacy settings I got an answer by a staff member and the thread got...
  7. Multiplayer Family Setting Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiplayer Family Setting Problem: Bought my first 2 player game (Star Trek: Legacy) but when we try to play with 2 people it says that the family control setting are off on Xbox Live and will not allow for multiplayer gaming. I...
  8. My child is set up in Microsoft Family with no problems, but does not show up under xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My child is set up in Microsoft Family with no problems, but does not show up under xbox: My children are all set up in Microsoft Family with no problems. Two of them show up under xbox privacy and safety settings, but the third (set up at the same time and in the same way) doesn't. So...
  9. New pre owned xbox360 family settings problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    New pre owned xbox360 family settings problem: So I got a new Xbox 360 slim and the family settings already had. A passcode from the game store and no one knows the pass code so o can't play any games I have help please...
  10. Problem with the family settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with the family settings: I changed my daughter's account to be an adult and the next time I logged on and tried to check family settings it was turned off. It now asks for a password and I never gave it one. Is this...