Problems with installing and running games I got with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on PC (1€)

Discus and support Problems with installing and running games I got with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on PC (1€) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I got into several problems during both installation and execution of some games that I installed (or tried to) after purchasing Xbox Game Pass... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Fra Nemo, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Fra Nemo
    Fra Nemo Guest

Problems with installing and running games I got with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on PC (1€)

Hello,

I got into several problems during both installation and execution of some games that I installed (or tried to) after purchasing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (1€) for my PC:

- SEA OF THIEVES ANNIVERSARY EDITION: I cannot install the game (errors 0x80070005 and 0x803FB107)

- ORI AND THE WILL OF THE WISPS: I can install it, but can't run it (error 0x803F8001)

- DEATH'S GAMBIT: I can install it, but can't run it

What errors I got:

- 0x80070005 (when trying installing Sea of Thieves)
    - 0x803FB107 (when trying installing Sea of Thieves)
    - 0x803F8001 (when trying running Ori and the Will of the Wisps & Death's Gambit)

What I did:

- I restarted my PC several times;

- I uninstalled/installed/restarted both Xbox (Beta) and Windows Store several times (I also tried with Xbox Console Companion);

- I tried to install and running the games several times;
    - I runned the Windows troubleshooting services several times;
    - I runned the WSreset.exe on the CMD, several times, without success;
    - I installed all updates from the Windows Update Service and the Windows Store;
    - I checked for new updates several times and, whenever possible, I installed them;
    - I followed, without any success, the troubleshooting instructions I found at these links:
    1) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80070005-in-windows-10-store-sea-of/57320c1c-5ee1-451d-9de8-65925f134988
    2) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sea-of-thieves-is-currently-not-available-in-your/0507eece-276e-4519-b4af-6bd2e1383105
    3) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps/code-0x803fb107-windows-10-app-store/95584c67-00d3-4fad-a749-f5b7d6847f30

My microsoft account is the one linked with this email.

If I cannot solve these problems during a reasonable time, I will consider refunding the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

I thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

:)

Fra Nemo, Mar 25, 2020
  2. KREED909 Win User

I have exactly the same problems with the same games.

No wonder Sea of Thieves is moving to Steam. Microsoft Store has had this same issue since 2008 and no one at Microsoft can fix their generic error codes and installation bugs.

We are expected to jump through generic trouble shooting hoops that dont work, and then trawl through endless forum posts on various sites explaining ways to hack away at the system registry or hidden user data folders.

This is not good enough Microsoft, enough of the half baked solutions and under developed apps and delivery systems.

I have tried to support your platform for a long time, i even bought a windows phone only to become victim of more microfail abandonware. Ill be getting a PS5 as next gen console i think as well.
  3. Zenosos Win User

Hi, I have read through your post and fully understand your situation and the Xbox Ambassadors are here to help.

Have you tried the one that downloads, loading the game via the windows menu as opposed to the Xbox game pass PC (beta) app?

Also may I ask are you a windows insider on your PC?
  4. Fra Nemo Win User

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have tried to execute the games through all means, either from XBox Beta, from Windows Store and from the Windows Menu. All of this options gave me the error aforementioned.

And no, I am not a windows insider.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

game pass PC

Hello rafaelc.s,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning how you can switch from Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to Xbox Game Pass for PC. You will need to

cancel Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
    and
    purchase Xbox Game Pass for PC
    if you want to only own Xbox Game Pass for PC. However, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate combines Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass for PC. Therefore, it may be best to simply

turn off auto renew
    on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and use the subscription until it runs out. Once Xbox Game Pass Ultimate has expired, you can purchase Xbox Game Pass for PC. We hope this information helps!
  6. stanlyko25 Win User

Xbox Game Pass for PC

so it will not give me 1month more if i buy ultimate after game pass PC?

it wil only upgrade? yes pointless but if its only for 1€ im asking for this....if i have pc game pass and buy ultimate for 1€ now so if its will give me 1MONTH MORE or ONLY upgrade from pc game pass to ultimate?

or better was buy first ultimate and then pc game pass then shoudl give me 2months for 2€? or how...
Thema:

1. Problems with installing and running games I got with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on PC (1€) - Similar Threads - Problems installing running

2. xbox app installer problem downloading anyone else has same issue they fixed?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app installer problem downloading anyone else has same issue they fixed?: app only downloads a quarter and then stops and doesnt download the rest gets stuck in that quarter of the download 3af94869-d5e6-4009-9138-81319bdab58c
  3. problema di installazione su una console nuova -[Translation - installation problem on a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    problema di installazione su una console nuova -[Translation - installation problem on a...: Ho comprato una xbox one x di 1trb. Ho installato un solo gioco , dopodiché ho provato ad installare un altro gioco, mo l'installazione non si completa. Quanti giochi si possono installare su una...
  4. Probleme bei der Installation von Sea of thieves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Probleme bei der Installation von Sea of thieves: Hallo, ich habe sea of thieves runtergeladen und theoretisch auf D: installiert. Ich habe nun aber folgendes Problem. Im Explore wird auf D: nichts von sea of thieves angezeigt. Unter...
  5. Multitude of problems installing a game on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multitude of problems installing a game on Xbox One X: I have had possibly the worst experience of my gaming life trying to install and play Borderlands 3 on my Xbox One X, a device that's about 2.5 years old. I've tried multiple solutions with no...
  6. Problems installing Sims 4 Dogs & Cats bundle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems installing Sims 4 Dogs & Cats bundle: We are trying to install an extension package Dogs & Cats for the Sims 4 on Xbox One. The install stops unexpectedly, saying the install file appears to be damaged and there is an error 80070570....
  7. Problemas com a Instalação de "A Plague Tale"[Translation-Problems with Installing "A...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problemas com a Instalação de "A Plague Tale"[Translation-Problems with Installing "A...: Prezados, Tenho uma conta no Game Pass e baixei o jogo "A Plague Tale". O download terminou, porém, quando termino de jogar o primeiro capítulo, surge uma mensagem informando que o próximo...
  8. Installation problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation problems: So recently i bought Tekken 7. I bought two dlc characters back to back(dlc A and dlc B) while the game was still running. After i bought them both only one had appeared to installed(dlc B). So i...
  9. problema al instalar ori and the will of the wisp[Translation-Problem when installing...

in XBoX on Windows
    problema al instalar ori and the will of the wisp[Translation-Problem when installing...: hola buenas tardes tengo el siguiente problema. tengo xbox game pass en mi pc y desintale ori para instalarlo en otro disco duro que tiene mas capacidad. el tema es que ahora me aparece como si...
  10. Install problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Install problems: Recently bought bo3 zombie chronicles on xbox one. Installed during the night and in the morning it said it was done. Went on bo3 and couldnt play the maps though it said it was installed. And...