Problems with wireless and signing on to Xbox live account via Xbox One

Discus and support Problems with wireless and signing on to Xbox live account via Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all I'd like to see if anyone else is having the same issue as I am and/or if someone can help provide a solution to an ongoing problem I am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Arkaigos, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Arkaigos
    Arkaigos Guest

Hello all

I'd like to see if anyone else is having the same issue as I am and/or if someone can help provide a solution to an ongoing problem I am having with my Xbox One.

Many apologies if this has already been asked (and hopefully answered) as I'm not experienced with forums and this is the first time I've ever asked a question like this.

The problem I'm having is that 9 times out of 10 when I switch my Xbox one on, and I sign in to Xbox live, I get an error message stating that "you need to be connected to the internet to perform this action" or something along those lines and an error code
    which isn't recognised by Microsoft.

When I go to Network Settings there are no wireless networks found and I cannot manually add my wifi...however, when I "test network connection" it says that it is all fine and that the Xbox is connected to the internet, but this
    is not the case as I cannot access any apps or in game features which require me to be online.

This has been happening for about a week now, but as I say it isn't 100% of the time. On rare occasions I have connected just fine.

I have tried the various steps that have been suggested to "reboot" the network access and this has worked a few times but not consistently so I am at a loss.

Is this a software issues, a hardware issue or an issue with Xbox live???

Any assistance and advice is greatly appreciated.

:)

Arkaigos, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Arkaigos Win User

Hi Matheo

Many thanks for the reply, I was worried that it might be a hardware problem. I'll look into getting it fixed.

Kind regards
  3. Math45500 Win User

Bonjour ce problème provient d'une panne matérielle. Et une intervention de professionnels est nécessaire. Vous pouvez effectuer une demande de réparationou d'échange en contactant le support Xbox l'adresse suivante :

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/fr-fr/contact/chat/47/?disability=false&mode=live&partnerId=xbox&theme=xbox

J'espère avoir pu vous aider.

Cordialement.
  4. mocoworm Win User

I would recommend, if you can, buying a long cable and hardwiring into your router. You will get full speed connection and generally no handshake errors.
  5. Arkaigos Win User

Thanks Choppyseize

I'll try that out tonight when I get home.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Arkaigos,

It may be your internet connection. Try resetting your router. To do this: 1) Unplug the router from its power source for 60 seconds

2) Plug the router back in to the power source; wait for all of the lights to reappear

3)
    Restart your console
    & then reconnect to your connection

Hopefully one of these suggestions will give you resolve. Thank you for using the forums!
Thema:

1. Problems with wireless and signing on to Xbox live account via Xbox One - Similar Threads - Problems wireless signing

2. Wireless Controller Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Controller Problem: My xbox has a wireless controller problem, if i put the controller very very close to the xbox it will work however it does not work in a playable range. I was thinking of maybe buying a microsoft...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver, problem with drivers

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver, problem with drivers: I recently bought a third party pc wireless gaming receiver which should work with Xbox 360 wireless controllers but the problem is downloading the drivers for this receiver. I followed this...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Problem: Hey all! I hope that this will be seen and I can get help. I've recently dug up my old 360, which, -among other things- has a bad networking problem. You see, the console seems to think that my...
  5. Problem with wireless headset not receiving audio since Skip Ahead Update

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with wireless headset not receiving audio since Skip Ahead Update: Wondering if anyone else is having issues with their wireless headsets? Since the last update (Skip-ahaed) I haven't been able to get my wireless headset (or my wifes) to work on my xbox. No...
  6. xbox elite wireless controller series 2 left thumbstick problem.

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox elite wireless controller series 2 left thumbstick problem.: I have a problem with the left thumstick click on my xbox elite wireless controller series 2. I cannot hear the click anymore and when I try to run ingame, my character will suddenly stop running....
  7. : im trying to connect to wireless wifi on my xbox one but it says hardware problem does...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : im trying to connect to wireless wifi on my xbox one but it says hardware problem does...: : im trying to connect to wireless wifi on my xbox one but it says hardware problem does anyone have a solution? Check the steps in this troubleshooter, XBOX one network connection solution to...
  8. Xbox 360 wireless network connection problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless network connection problems: I bought a wireless network adapter for my xbox 360 to download the origins dlc for BO2. But everytime i try to connect to my home wifi it says that there are multiple betworks with the same name....
  9. 360 Wireless headset problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 Wireless headset problem: Recently purchased new OEM wireless headset for 360. Plug it in to charge and shows charging for about 20 mins then lights go dark. Never gets to all 4 lights blinking in unison to indicate fully...
  10. Wireless hardware problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wireless hardware problem: I downloaded a game and then the next day i tried to play the game but it said i had no connection to the internet and there was no internet to names to connect to and it said to try to reset...