Problems with wireless and signing on to Xbox live account via Xbox One

Discus and support Problems with wireless and signing on to Xbox live account via Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all I'd like to see if anyone else is having the same issue as I am and/or if someone can help provide a solution to an ongoing problem I am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Arkaigos, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Arkaigos
    Arkaigos Guest

Hello all

I'd like to see if anyone else is having the same issue as I am and/or if someone can help provide a solution to an ongoing problem I am having with my Xbox One.

Many apologies if this has already been asked (and hopefully answered) as I'm not experienced with forums and this is the first time I've ever asked a question like this.

The problem I'm having is that 9 times out of 10 when I switch my Xbox one on, and I sign in to Xbox live, I get an error message stating that "you need to be connected to the internet to perform this action" or something along those lines and an error code
    which isn't recognised by Microsoft.

When I go to Network Settings there are no wireless networks found and I cannot manually add my wifi...however, when I "test network connection" it says that it is all fine and that the Xbox is connected to the internet, but this
    is not the case as I cannot access any apps or in game features which require me to be online.

This has been happening for about a week now, but as I say it isn't 100% of the time. On rare occasions I have connected just fine.

I have tried the various steps that have been suggested to "reboot" the network access and this has worked a few times but not consistently so I am at a loss.

Is this a software issues, a hardware issue or an issue with Xbox live???

Any assistance and advice is greatly appreciated.

:)

Arkaigos, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Arkaigos Win User

Hi Matheo

Many thanks for the reply, I was worried that it might be a hardware problem. I'll look into getting it fixed.

Kind regards
  3. Math45500 Win User

Bonjour ce problème provient d'une panne matérielle. Et une intervention de professionnels est nécessaire. Vous pouvez effectuer une demande de réparationou d'échange en contactant le support Xbox l'adresse suivante :

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/fr-fr/contact/chat/47/?disability=false&mode=live&partnerId=xbox&theme=xbox

J'espère avoir pu vous aider.

Cordialement.
  4. mocoworm Win User

I would recommend, if you can, buying a long cable and hardwiring into your router. You will get full speed connection and generally no handshake errors.
  5. Arkaigos Win User

Thanks Choppyseize

I'll try that out tonight when I get home.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Arkaigos,

It may be your internet connection. Try resetting your router. To do this: 1) Unplug the router from its power source for 60 seconds

2) Plug the router back in to the power source; wait for all of the lights to reappear

3)
    Restart your console
    & then reconnect to your connection

Hopefully one of these suggestions will give you resolve. Thank you for using the forums!
Thema:

1. Problems with wireless and signing on to Xbox live account via Xbox One - Similar Threads - Problems wireless signing

2. Problem with charging the battery in the wireless controller, Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with charging the battery in the wireless controller, Xbox One X: Problem with charging the battery in the wireless controller, Xbox One X Xbox One X wireless controller (Original). I connect the controller cable to the console and start charging for about 5 or...
  3. wireless connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    wireless connection problem: NAT type: Unavailable I run the test and and it says "can't find Teredo IP address" I choose "check again" and it says "your network isn't setup" I was given links to a list of all possible...
  4. i am trying to connect my wireless xbox one s controller to my windows labtop, the problem...

in XBoX on Windows
    i am trying to connect my wireless xbox one s controller to my windows labtop, the problem...: i am trying to connect my wireless xbox one s controller to my windows labtop, the problem is the computer is asking for a pin. where is it/which sheet of paper is it on?...
  5. Problems with wireless display.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with wireless display.: The wireless display app works fine with laptop 2 but I am unable to use the Xbox controller to control laptop 1. The option to "Allow mouse, keyboard and pen input from this device" doesn't show...
  6. Xbox wireless hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless hardware problem: my Xbox One controller will not connect. In addition it says there may be a problem with the console's wireless Hardware and to try restarting it which does not do anything. My Wi-Fi does not show...
  7. xb1x wireless problems S T I L L

in XBoX Accessibility
    xb1x wireless problems S T I L L: i've encountered this problem so many times, ive done so much to fix this and i even sent in my xbox to get repaired - fallout 76 white edition- and i still can't connect to wifi solid for more...
  8. : Xbox One X - Wireless connection problem

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox One X - Wireless connection problem: : Xbox One X - Wireless connection problem Hi Darkwolf, Thanks for letting us know it is working. I will go ahead and lock this thread as it has been resolved. Please feel free in the future to...
  9. Xbox Wireless controller problem.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless controller problem.: I recently bought a Xbox wireless controller. I started playing a game with it and noticed that sometimes my button presses are not registered. I thought that it could be something to do with...
  10. XBOX ONE wireless controller problem (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX ONE wireless controller problem (PC): I got a wireless controller adapter and a xbox one controller for my pc. Everything works just fine for the first 30 minuites then all of a sudden whatever game it starts lagging. On some games it...