Problems with wpa2 wireless conection

Discus and support Problems with wpa2 wireless conection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi My problem is when i try to connect my xbox 360 to my wifi with wpa2 the xbox 360 don't do it, but if i turn off the authentication in my router... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SkullLecter04, May 1, 2014.

1. Problems with wpa2 wireless conection

Hi

My problem is when i try to connect my xbox 360 to my wifi with wpa2 the xbox 360 don't do it, but if i turn off the authentication in my router the xbox 360 don't have problem.

Please help me

:)

SkullLecter04, May 1, 2014
  2. wireless and conection problem

HOW MANY USERS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH WIRELESS CONECTIONS... AND BEING CUT OFF XBOX LIVE AFTER A FEW MINITES...

SEABOURNEAPPLLE, May 1, 2014
  3. Raz0rking
    Raz0rking Guest
    Disconnecting every 2-5 minutes

So. i tried also with a wireless network. Same results. 2 minutes conection, then disconnect.

Raz0rking, May 1, 2014
  4. Natsumi Dragneel Win User

I can no longer connect to Live with Wireless

i had the same problem what you have do is factory reset your router and factory reset your xbox network settings conect with a unseuqud caonection if you do conect then set your wifi pass key useing wpa/wpa2 psk and then enter on you xbox and a good tip
    is to set your ssid something ez if you have to use advanced wireless optiond to specify a unlisted network
  5. iLuvGunsAndRock Win User

wireless and conection problem

Hey there bud!

If you could provide us with a little more additional information, we may be able to assist you further in your issue. However, I will provide some solutions / information before hand.

Try the following few steps:

-Delete your profile ONLY, don't delete profile and items:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete
    ).

-Clear your system cache 3 times:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache
    ).

-Restart your console.

-Download your profile (use the first guide again).

If that fails, I recommend you look at the
    Xbox LIVE Disconnects | Xbox LIVE Slow | Speed up Xbox LIVE
    for assistance in your disconnections, and also advice on how to improve your Xbox LIVE connection. It may also be down to your network. Perform a
    Network Speed Test and post the results here so e can narrow down the issue.

As well as that, if yet no success, perform a Xbox LIVE connection test, and if any errors appear during the process, view the

Connection Errors
    page for specific guidance, solutions etc... on that error appeared.

Make sure the required ports are open on your router as well. View the
    Xbox 360 Network Ports
    support page for further information and details regarding that area.

Post back and let us know how it goes! ^_^
  6. VibroPlex Win User

wireless and conection problem

1) Many users who have interference from Turtle Beach and MadKatz wireless headsets which have been proven to jam the wifi used by the Xbox.

2) Many users with wireless baby monitors and cordless house phone base units within a metre of the Xbox.

3) Users with corrupted profiles who need to

a) delete their profile - delete profile only

b) clear their cache three times and then

c) redownload their profile

4) Users who need to do the sequential power cycle.

A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing connection problems, and
    the order and timing of the steps is important to success:

1) turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then

2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).

3) unplug power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that
    light says it's ready, skip to step 7.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may or may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Plug in and turn on the Xbox.

If the problem persists, please send us the info we need so we may work on this further:

How many Xboxen do you have connected?

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx shows how to check the UPnP settings for many, many makes and models of routers, gateways and hotspots. Is UPnP
    Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

What is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:
  7. irekski Win User

Cannot connect to wireless network!!

Hi RugaGoat please include Security type of your wireless connection: WPA2, WPA or WEP etc

Please also try to connect wire...

If your wireless type is WPA2 well you will need to configure your router to WPA. Xbox has a problem in connecting to WPA2 types of security :)
  8. Miss Ermine Win User

Wireless conection problem on a hotel.

Hey there! There may be a way to get around that, but it takes a few steps. Please give this a try:

First, you could use a bridged connection from your laptop to your Xbox 360 console(http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/win-computer).

Or, you have the option to do something called 'MAC Spoofing':

1. Access your wireless computer

2. Load the webpage and accept the TOU page, make sure you can browse to a few pages after doing so!

3. Bring up CMD and type in ipconfig/all.

4. Locate the wireless network adapter and find the “Physical Address”. Write this down.

5. Turn off the computer.

6. Turn on the Xbox.

7. Go into the Network Settings.

8. Select Configure Network.

9. Move over to Additional Settings.

10. Move one down and select Advanced Settings.

11. Select Alternate MAC address.

12. Type in the Physical Address you wrote down (no spaces or colons).

13. Make sure you have hit done at the bottom. This will save the setting and now you can test the connection!
Thema:

Problems with wpa2 wireless conection

1. Problems with wpa2 wireless conection - Similar Threads - Problems wpa2 wireless

2. Xbox install problems

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox install problems: when i try to install Star Wars Battlefront 2 on my devices it says no applicable devices have been found what does that mean? 5e55177a-de8f-4698-908f-99ff72337470
  3. Warranty problem (xbox controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty problem (xbox controller): Hello, I have an Xbox One S and its warranty ends 04/15/2020. I have a technical problem with a joystick on my controller and I looked for a repair or replacement using the serial number of...
  4. Final Fantasy XV on Gamepass problems.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Final Fantasy XV on Gamepass problems.: So I grabbed this game to try playing the Comrades mode with some friends. Every time I try to connect to an online lobby, the game tells me a network issue has occurred and disconnects me....
  5. Problemi con microfono con fortnite -[Translation - Problems with microphone with fortnite]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problemi con microfono con fortnite -[Translation - Problems with microphone with fortnite]: Bonasera, sto avendo problemi con il microfono delle cuffie mentre gioco a FORTNITE in quanto il mentre gioco nessuno minsente anche se le cuffie funzionano correttamente. ho fatto tutti i...
  6. problema com a atualização do sistema no xbox live [Mod Translation - problem with system...

in XBoX on Consoles
    problema com a atualização do sistema no xbox live [Mod Translation - problem with system...: não sei o que fazer para atualizar, se alguém souber me ajuda rs, obrigado: "Não foi possivel processar a atualização. Código de status: 416B - 4497 - 1381 - 0300 - C800 - 0036" Já assistir...
  7. Webcam problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Webcam problem: I have a logitech C920 HD pro webcam attached to my xbox one since the webcams were made compatible and it's been working 100% FINE for over a year but after the last update, everytime my xbox...
  8. problème de réinstallation de jeux sur xbox one S[Translation-game resettlement problem on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    problème de réinstallation de jeux sur xbox one S[Translation-game resettlement problem on...: Bonjours, j'ai acheter un jeu xbox payant noël dans le store ( the outer wilds ) et ai annulé une mise jour de ce jeu, ce qui désinstallé celui-ci. Malheureusement je ne peux pas le réinstaller...
  9. Microsoft Store update problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store update problem: In my console I have Microsoft Store as an application that needs updating but when I try to update it it is 0% for a long time. Nothing happens, nothing downloads... Why?...
  10. Problemas para enviar o aceptar solicitud de amigos en Xbox 360[Translation-Problems...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problemas para enviar o aceptar solicitud de amigos en Xbox 360[Translation-Problems...: Estimados, desde hace días existe inconveniente para enviar o aceptar solicitudes de amigos en Xbox 360. Loque obliga a cerrar sesión en la cuenta o reiniciar la consola para culminar el proceso....