Problems with Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller on PC

Discus and support Problems with Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Unsure if this is the right place for this, but I have some issues with my Xbox360 and Xbox one controllers on my PC. The problem is that the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gummidali, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Gummidali
    Gummidali Guest

Hi

Unsure if this is the right place for this, but I have some issues with my Xbox360 and Xbox one controllers on my PC.

The problem is that the controller is disconnecting from my computer, the problems appeared to happend randomly at first, but I think I may have an idea of why this happens.

The issue seem too arise when I'm watching streams on my secondary screen.

When testing the controllers from the devices and printers menu on the computer the controllers are working fine, until streaming is turned on.

When testing this on Netflix, even just opening the webpage the controller (xbox one) stops working and I have to turn it off and back on again before it starts working again, while the xbox360 controller still works right up until I start a video, then
    it stops working.

The Xbox 360 is wireless with a receiver, with new batteries on.

Xbox one controller is wired by USB with power with batteries also put in.

Any ideas as to a fix?

Thanks

:)

Gummidali, Mar 8, 2015
  2. Xbox one controller on PC ( configuration problems )

Like Maxen13, I would be interested to know what game/s you were having problems with using you Xbox One controller on your PC?

All the Xbox 360 controller compatible PC games should work fine with the One controller.

Obsessive Power, Mar 8, 2015
  3. Xbox ONE controller with Xbox 360

If I own an Xbox 360E and an Xbox ONE wireless controller with a wireless pc adapter can I connect the Xbox ONE controller to the Xbox 360 through the pc adapter?

DazzledGnat9603, Mar 8, 2015
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hi Gummidali,

You may have better luck getting some answers via the Microsoft Answers forums here, as this looks to be a PC issue and Not an issue with the Xbox. Also see this page on how to install
    the latest
    drivers for the Xbox One controller
    . What you're describing does sound like some sort of driver issue and/or conflict so make sure all your video card drivers, xbox controller drivers, ect are up to date.

If you want to see if it's a program that's causing the issue with your controllers, try to do a clean boot by following this link.

Hordie, Mar 10, 2015
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one controller on PC ( configuration problems )

Like Maxen13, I would be interested to know what game/s you were having problems with using you Xbox One controller on your PC?

All the Xbox 360 controller compatible PC games should work fine with the One controller.
  6. Jurgen1488 Win User

cant connect xbox 360 controller to windows via USB

Xbox 360 controller needs a special adapter, for detect controller on PC. If you want play with xbox controller on PC I recommend Xbox ONE controller.
  7. BerkeSolmaz Win User

Xbox controller is too sensitive

And it's not Xbox One controller it's "Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller For PC"
  8. AndreasJongebloed Win User

XBOX Beta Controller Support

Thanks for the fast reply but this did not help me with my problem. except from the xbox beta app i have no problems playing games with my wireless xbox 360 controller on my win 10 pc. i would consider buying an xbox one controller if that would solve
    the problem. does the xbox beta app (game pass for win 10) support the xbox 360 controller normally?
  9. WUIJIBOBO Win User

My controller keeps disconnecting mid game

Is this an Xbox One controller, or an Xbox 360 controller? If it's an Xbox One controller, are you connecting wirelessly to the PC via Bluetooth, or with the Xbox Wireless Adapter?
Thema:

1. Problems with Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller on PC - Similar Threads - Problems 360 controller

2. Xbox 360 Wired Controller Problems

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 Wired Controller Problems: Hello, I have a problem with Xbox 360 Wired Controller Connection on my HP Windows 10 Laptop. Controllers used to connect and work perfectly fine, but now Windows doesn't even acknowledge that the...
  3. Xbox 360 controller connection problem to wireless PC receiver

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 controller connection problem to wireless PC receiver: I replaced my failing xbox 360 controller I use to play games on PC, the new controller will not connect to the receiver, but the old controller that is not working properly still will connect. I...
  4. problemas de controlador de control xbox 360 [Translation-Control controller Problems Xbox 360]

in XBoX on Windows
    problemas de controlador de control xbox 360 [Translation-Control controller Problems Xbox 360]: tengo un problema al utilizar mi control de xbox 360 por medio de kit carga y juega al pc pero en dispositivos e impresoras me aparece en la sección de no especificado y trato de cambiar el...
  5. Xbox 360 controller problem with the LB/RB button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller problem with the LB/RB button: Hello, i've got a problem with my xbox 360 controller. The problem is when i click in the LB button it do what the RB button is supposed to do (going to the right) but if i press strong the LB...
  6. Problem with Xbox 360 Controller only for Forza Horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Xbox 360 Controller only for Forza Horizon 3: Hello dear Community I was looking so long for a solution to this matter but i just couldnt solve this problem. So my Windows Update showed me an Update for the Xbox 360 Controller so i updated...
  7. Problem with controller xbox 360 (pc) and Gta 5 (pc)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with controller xbox 360 (pc) and Gta 5 (pc): Hi, I have a problem, I have got 2 joystick and I want to play at gta 5 on pc with one of this. But... when i play gta 5 I can use only the keyboard not the joystick because the joystick switch in...
  8. xbox 360 controller on windows problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 controller on windows problem.: I bought a new 360 controller for my laptop and I've installed the drivers and all but when I configure it in the settings, I moved my analog sticks 60% and they become full, I'm sorry here's a...
  9. Microsoft USB 360 Controller Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft USB 360 Controller Problems: I have a 360 controller wired connected to play games on my computer. For a few months, everything's been fine, but now something is acting up. Randomly when I am playing a game the controller...
  10. Xbox 360 USB Controllers Multiplay Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 USB Controllers Multiplay Problem: Hello, I'm hoping someone can help, please. I've just purchased 2 new (genuine Microsoft) USB controllers for my boys. Unfortunately on plugging them in only one works at a time. They both work...