Procedural games: good or bad?

Discus and support Procedural games: good or bad? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can see why procedural games appear to some people. They are a great for exploration and random encounters, but I prefer games that have been built... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by L Dubs89, Oct 11, 2019.

1. L Dubs89
    L Dubs89 Guest

I can see why procedural games appear to some people. They are a great for exploration and random encounters, but I prefer games that have been built with intention - if that makes sense.

I don't see how you can have an effective and engaging story in a 100% procedural generated world because, by its own design, it has not been specifically designed by anyone. Therefore you don't get eastereggs, or cool locations crafted by someone. This
    could be because I love RPG games where you are traveling round a world someone specifically created and you are almost playing out a book.

:)

L Dubs89, Oct 11, 2019
  2. NEVER_FEAR Win User

I really enjoy procedural games, my current favorite is RAD from double fine.
  3. LFC JAY E 9193 Win User

It does look good, but i've never tried it myself
  4. ImpaledGremlin Win User

I think a mix is good. Some games will suit this procedure style and others wont, It can be a useful tool for the developers.

As long as it suits that game it can add to the experience for the gamer giving them so much to explore that other wise might not be there
  5. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

I think in certain games it good, like no man's sky and minecraft, but in something with a large open map like breath of the wild and the witcher it wouldn't work since many of the games story assets rely areas being where they are.
  6. ABigSweatyBear Win User

I like feeling as though the game learns and adapts, keeps the content fresh. Having something stable is fine as well though as if you get stuck you can least try the same strategy until you get it right!
Thema:

1. Procedural games: good or bad? - Similar Threads - Procedural games bad

2. What’s the procedure?

in XboX Insiders
    What’s the procedure?: My Xbox is stuck at 54% when applying the latest Omega update. Have tried all the usual restart and full factory reset. I can’t get the off line update to even recognise any of my usb sticks....
  3. Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition Free Games Code Procedure

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition Free Games Code Procedure: To whom it may concern, My post is in regards of the free game codes for gears of war 1,2,3 and judgement. I had gotten help from microsoft chat and was told to continue to follow up through this...
  4. WARNING UPDATING PROCEDURE OF CROSSOUT GAME HAS FAILLED TODAY

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WARNING UPDATING PROCEDURE OF CROSSOUT GAME HAS FAILLED TODAY: WARNING MY GAME CROSSOUT IS DEAD BECAUSE OF UPTATING PROCEDURE HAS FAILLED. I'M VERY UNHAPPY IT ISNT THE FIRST TIME........... d2c30cb5-1f70-4009-be8f-9d6fb40e74b2
  5. why no complaints procedure?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why no complaints procedure?: I recently redeemed a one year free EA Access membership from within a new console purchase. However, Microsoft continued to bill me monthly so I ended up with two subscriptions on the same...
  6. Complaints Procedure Misinformation and Lies.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Complaints Procedure Misinformation and Lies.: Okay let me start from the beginning. I purchased the Fifa 16 deluxe edition for 89.99 euro with Ea Access to which I am a subscriber. I was given a 10 hour free trial of the game before it was...
  7. Complaints Procedure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Complaints Procedure: Hi All, Does anyone know the complaints procedure within Microsoft or their Xbox subdivision? I have had terrible customer service as well as continued hardware issue, when contacting live chat...
  8. Xbox procedures on suspension

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox procedures on suspension: CORRUPT PROCEDURE IN SUSPENSION AND ENFORCEMENT ACTION Where is the equal justice? You get a complaint or report. You suspend and send email that does not in any way inform the user of what’s...
  9. Where is the complaints procedure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where is the complaints procedure: Hello Where is the complaints procedure for Xbox? I am having issues with my account and have spent the past 3 and a quarter hours on the support webchat without making any progress. There...
  10. XBOX UK CUSTOMER COMPLAINT PROCEDURE

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX UK CUSTOMER COMPLAINT PROCEDURE: Hi, I am trying to find the customer complaint procedure for xbox uk. Can anyone provide this. 12571ee7-f946-40ee-af46-609d0e8bccfb