Profile pic changed on its own

Discus and support Profile pic changed on its own in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, my profile pic was changed and I'm wondering if i was hacked because how strange the situation is. So i boot up my xbox and i notice the gamer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WillKeller1, Jul 18, 2019.

1. WillKeller1
    WillKeller1 Guest

Hello, my profile pic was changed and I'm wondering if i was hacked because how strange the situation is. So i boot up my xbox and i notice the gamer pic is off and its a monkey wearing a cape (keep with me ik it sounds ridiculous) and my gamer score is
    0 and it is usually around 15k. I reboot my xbox and its regular and back to normal but the pic of a monkey was not one of the xbox ones so it must of been a custom image which is strange because due to my suspensions i cant use a custom profile pic. I know
    for sure its not a custom image because I reversed searched the image and it seemed to be a not very popular meme from 2013 with the context "everybody just cool out" so at this point I'm super weirded out and confused I dont know what to do becuase the chance
    of this being microsft is very low saying its not there image and if it was for enforcement why that image. It could be a glitch but where would my xbox come by this image. Right now it seems like a hacker but i checked my activity and the ip was mine and
    I put more security on my account but does anyone know how this happened/ what this even is.
    Profile pic changed on its own [​IMG]

:)

WillKeller1, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

No idea what's going on at the moment, but from what I've been seeing, you're not the only one experiencing this kind of issue.

For example:

https://old.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/cdsmhk/my_pfp_changed_randomly_to_this_guy_and_the_color/

Xbox Support has not issued any sort of server issue on Xbox.com or on Twitter, but you can keep up with them here:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport

With all that said, I would change your password and enable two-factor authentication just to be safe.

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/security/turn-off-two-step-verification
  3. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello there,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to your issue with the profile pic changing, after you Power cycled your console, did you notice anything else different with the account or did everything go back to the way it was
    originally?

I would definitely change your password again to be sure and check your account for any other issues with the account.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

It's not just your account that is affected by this. there are many other gamers that have had the same issue. Microsoft will be aware of it, and working on a fix. My account has also been affected by this. Not sure what is causing it either, but I would
    advise checking your Microsoft account on account.microsoft.com to check to make sure everything still looks ok.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Gamer pic changed on its own.

If Microsoft had changed it, it would usually be for an enforcement issue. So you could check
    http://enforcement.xbox.com to see if it shows anything there. Otherwise, unless you gave your account information to anyone else, it's most likely a glitch.
  6. BigB EC Win User

Gamer Picture was wrong when I bought it

Did you change your gamer picture twice or once? There is the personal pic and profile picture that you would have to change. The personal pic option allows only your friends to see it and then there is your profile pic that everyone sees.
Thema:

1. Profile pic changed on its own - Similar Threads - Profile pic changed

2. profile pic

in XBoX Accessibility
    profile pic: Alright, i save an image above the 1080x1080 requirements (yes the image is appropriate) but when i click upload custom image and select the photo it says too small (the last one i tried was...
  3. One guide data and profile pics keep getting deleted

in XBoX on Consoles
    One guide data and profile pics keep getting deleted: Every three or four days, all the profile pics and one guide data go missing from my Xbox One. I have reinstalled the OS but the problem still persists. Anyone seen this issue before and if so, is...
  4. I cant change my profile pic

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant change my profile pic: I can't change my profile picture to a custom one even though my account is the age of 28 and i still cant change it even thought i have the account set to adult on everything. Please help me...
  5. Trying to change profile pic on xbox to custom image but says I have to be older, and im over ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to change profile pic on xbox to custom image but says I have to be older, and im over ...: This has been really bothering me for months now. I am 19 years old and would very much like to change my profile picture to a custom image. However, every time I click "Upload a custom image" it...
  6. cant change my profile pic

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant change my profile pic: i went to change my profile pic to a custom picture and it said i cant cause of past behavior 27a0d4d1-eaba-4698-b469-299c4323bc03
  7. I can't change my profile pic to a custom one, usually I could what happened? Please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't change my profile pic to a custom one, usually I could what happened? Please help: Please help guys. My xbox profile picture doesn't want to change to a custom one anymore. It usually changed easily now it doesn't want to at all, please help 879e1c6c-f5e5-47bc-8ea2-583ba68fb323
  8. I changed my profile picture to a XBOX One pic and now i cant go back to my 360 pic

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my profile picture to a XBOX One pic and now i cant go back to my 360 pic: So I spent a decent amount of money for gamer pics when XBOX 360 was the most recent XBOX console and decided to switch my profile picture on the XBOX one when it came out. Now I can't even go...
  9. Change profile pic on the forums?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change profile pic on the forums?: Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask, but on the forums, I'm currently using my old Xbox 360 gamerpic. I would like to know how to update it to my current Xbox One gamerpic....
  10. Can't change gamer pic or the color in profile settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change gamer pic or the color in profile settings.: I tried to change my gamer pic and color of my profile and every time I click on those 2 options I'm sent back to the home screen and the friends option is in the biggest window on the home...