Profile read issues on Xbox 360

Discus and support Profile read issues on Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some reason my Xbox 360 has only 3GB of storage and likes to corrupt files so I bought a USB drive and now I store all my data on that. In a recent... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ethan James-Hodges, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Profile read issues on Xbox 360

For some reason my Xbox 360 has only 3GB of storage and likes to corrupt files so I bought a USB drive and now I store all my data on that. In a recent update to my console, my Xbox was no longer able to read profile data from the USB. What's strange is
    that I can view all of the data on the USB on my Xbox, apart from the profile data. All game data can be seen, but it cannot be accessed as it thinks no profiles are installed. And since the data is registered to a certain profile, there is no way of transferring
    the data to another profile. This was not an issue for my account, as it is connected to my Microsoft account and I could simply re-download it. However, the offline accounts can now not be retrieved in any way. The data is there and I can view it on my Xbox,
    but no profiles are available to sign in. I tried to create a new Microsoft account and link data to that, but it wouldn't work. I've also tried formatting a new USB on my Xbox, downloading a profile onto it and then attempting to copy across data I have from
    the original USB using my PC. Unfortunately the data is so heavily encoded by my Xbox its impossible to directly copy information like that, and even if I could it's likely my Xbox would still be unable to read it.

So, I need my Xbox to be able to read the offline profile data in order to attach it to a Microsoft account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Ethan

:)

Ethan James-Hodges, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Puppy Fujo Win User

Yeah, unfortunately with a 360 your game save although it might be completely fine is basically lost without the partner profile data that it was originally linked to. I thought you would just be able to delete the profile from the 360 and re-download
    your profile which would then restore the access to those game saves. Your best option is to do that and then upload your game saves to the cloud before the profile becomes corrupted once again. This way you still have them and can easily move them between
    consoles etc. And they are also linked to your account and become a part of it. Then say you use an Xbox One to play the 360 game you still have your game save. It is the only way an Xbox One can use the game save.
  3. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I'm not sure it will help, but have you tried to see if a different Xbox 360 console can read the data?

But if the data is truly corrupt then I'm afraid it might be lost.
  4. Ethan James-Hodges Win User

Yeah, unfortunately with a 360 your game save although it might be completely fine is basically lost without the partner profile data that it was originally linked to. I thought you would just be able to delete the profile from the 360 and re-download
    your profile which would then restore the access to those game saves. Your best option is to do that and then upload your game saves to the cloud before the profile becomes corrupted once again. This way you still have them and can easily move them between
    consoles etc. And they are also linked to your account and become a part of it. Then say you use an Xbox One to play the 360 game you still have your game save. It is the only way an Xbox One can use the game save.
    Yeah I mean I've done that with my main account. The issue is with the offline accounts, since none of them are linked I cannot re-download them. And since my 360 can't read them, I have no way of linking them to a Microsoft account for safekeeping...
  5. Ethan James-Hodges Win User

As far as I'm aware the data itself is not corrupt, it's just cannot be read. I've just borrowed a friend's Xbox One, but I've realised that they don't use USBs to store profile/game data, so that also shows nothing. I'll see if I can get hold of another
    360, that would then rule out if the issue is with my console or not.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Backwards compatibility errors

Hi Gamer,

The
    error code
    you are referencing is for not able to connect to live. It is possible that the 360 emulator is having difficulties. Have you tried to uninstall and

reinstall the profile
    from the Xbox one? If you still have issues you may need to find an Xbox 360 to download the profile on. Sounds like it is reading it on the emulator as an offline profile.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Profile read issues on Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Profile read issues

2. Can't Download Xbox Profile on 360 Emulator

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Download Xbox Profile on 360 Emulator: Can't Download Xbox Profile on 360 Emulator I play my 360 games on xbox one. Recently I was unable to connect to the 360 emulator so I was told to delete my profiles then redownload them again....
  3. Xbox 360 not reading internal hard drive and randomly deleted my profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not reading internal hard drive and randomly deleted my profile: I was playing skyrim earlier today when it paused and froze. I took it as a normal glitch and went to turn my xbox off and on again. When I turned it back on, I noticed that it spent a longer time...
  4. XBOX Multiplayer not allowed = Profile Issue, Please read the entire post. Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Multiplayer not allowed = Profile Issue, Please read the entire post. Minecraft: Greetings, Parameters: My daughters are attempting to play remotely online via an XBOX 360 w/ their cousin (we are in OK, she is in WI) Each household has a GOLD LIVE account. Each Household...
  5. error: failed to read profile...anyone know fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error: failed to read profile...anyone know fix?: Ive tried everything I can think of, restarting the game, restarting XB1. been playing for 2 months with no problems until now. I click on the game and after pressing start it gets stuck on...
  6. Titanfall "Error: Failed to read profile"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Titanfall "Error: Failed to read profile": I was able to play Titanfall for about 3 days until now. The game loads up fine, but then when it is signing in (signing into the game, not xbox live) it gives the message "Error: Failed to read...
  7. I have xbox live Gold, but I am receiving an error message that reads "Your profile does ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have xbox live Gold, but I am receiving an error message that reads "Your profile does ...: I have xbox live Gold, but I am receiving an error message that reads "Your profile does not have the correct permissions to access Xbox Live functionality." This issue just started up yesterday....
  8. Error: Failed To Read Profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error: Failed To Read Profile: I am trying to play the titanfall beta and I keep receiving that error message. Has anyone else run into this issue and found a work around? c9e347b9-6894-48f8-acd3-3e5f8a85247c
  9. Xbox can't write to my profile then disc can't be read then I lose my gamer profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox can't write to my profile then disc can't be read then I lose my gamer profile: Okay so I just recently got a used xbox from GameStop and I was able to make a profile and download halo 4 just fine, I set up my connection to live and had no problems. I was able to play for a...
  10. Xbox Gamertag reading incorrect profile save data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gamertag reading incorrect profile save data: I just recently upgraded from the white Xbox 360 to a 360 slim. I used a USB memory unit to transfer the saved content, and profiles from my old system to the new system. Now I am trying to...