Profile signing out when controller is turned off.

Discus and support Profile signing out when controller is turned off. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Whenever my controller dies, either from dead batteries, cable plugging in/out or randomly(still have a day one controller and it just randomly... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Allday24_7, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Profile signing out when controller is turned off.

Whenever my controller dies, either from dead batteries, cable plugging in/out or randomly(still have a day one controller and it just randomly restarts on me sometimes) my profile is signed out. this results in me getting booted from my game session and in many cases, losing progress.

Others in my guild are experiencing this issue, and its not going down well. This is quite a deal breaker if this is a new feature and not a bug.

submitted by /u/Allday24_7
    [link] [comments]

/u/Allday24_7, Sep 16, 2020
  2. DarkMoofey Win User

Controller Question

If you have Kinect hooked up and you want to switch controllers, you should be able to just turn off the controller you want to recharge, then turn on and pick up the new controller. Kinect should automatically associate this controller with you.

If not, you'd have to sign out of your profile on the controller you're going to recharge, turn it off, then turn on the second controller and sign in using that one. Others say that you have to turn the console off, then turn it back on with the controller
    you're going to switch to.
  3. Adamwindows Win User

Signing in to xbox live with a second controller

Thanks for the help. I turned off the console and the controller, turned on the Xbox 360 again and turned on the new controller and it allowed me to sign in with my xbox live account/profile.
  4. D MASTERPIECE Win User

Keep getting "press menu to join" message during gameplay

From what you are saying it appears that two controllers have been on and then one of them has been turned off. If the person just turns of the controller without actually signing out of the profile then you will get a message telling you to press a button
    to join.
  5. ViceregalMouse4 Win User

GTA V WILL NOT WORK

What worked for me: After reading the previous posts that talked about additional controllers I figured that was the issue. The game is prompting a response from the additional controller not the one you are using. I tried turning the additional controller
    off with the prompt screen and it would not let me. What I did was I went to dashboard and turned off the additional controller and started the game and no issue came up. Another solution to turning the additional controller off could have been to just press
    B button to continue without signing in a profile for that controller or A button to sign one in as mentioned in the previous posts. Ultimately it seems that the game just recognizes that there are more than one controller and one may not have a profile attached
    when the game is loading.
  6. AridLizard Win User

how do you turn off controller without getting an error message?

no matter what I do I keep getting a "please reconnect controller" message.
    what have you already tried to fix this?

have you signed out the second profile before trying to turn off the controller?
Thema:

Profile signing out when controller is turned off.

1. Profile signing out when controller is turned off. - Similar Threads - Profile signing controller

2. Gears of War 4 Cannot sign on to Xbox Live profile

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears of War 4 Cannot sign on to Xbox Live profile: I recently purchased Gears of War 4 and, so far, have been unable to play it. I get to title screen, press enter and get the "cannot sign onto xbox live profile" error message that so many before...
  3. Xbox will not sign into profile or add new profiles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will not sign into profile or add new profiles: Hello, I am trying to sign into my profile on my console and it takes forever to load and then just does nothing. the loading pop up disappears, I don’t receive an error message. nothing. I have...
  4. My Xbox one counsel constantly signs my controller out of my profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one counsel constantly signs my controller out of my profile: No matther if im playing online or disconected from xbox live my controler will sign me out of my profile repeatedly. Iv tryed turning off auto sign in and that didnt help, its ultra garbage...
  5. Profile logging me out. (Signing in using another controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile logging me out. (Signing in using another controller): So i’ve been having this issue for awhile now. I’ll be playing as normal and just at a random time it’ll come up with “Bye M.R, singed in using another controller.) tried changing my password, i...
  6. Xbox One signs out profile, asked to sign in using a controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One signs out profile, asked to sign in using a controller: Split from this thread. This hasn't helped ! I've been having this problem for weeks and I'm about to stop using my xbox and just buy red dead for ps 4. 5 different missions I almost complete...
  7. Xbox One Controllers Disconnecting, Profiles Being Signed Out Of, Internet Connection Being ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controllers Disconnecting, Profiles Being Signed Out Of, Internet Connection Being ...: I've had my Xbox One for about a year and half, but I really haven't used it too much since then. The times I did use it it worked fine until about May of this year, when some odd issues started...
  8. Xbox profile signing me out and controller continuously losing connection to Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox profile signing me out and controller continuously losing connection to Xbox: I've read that people have been having problems like this for almost 2 years now. I've been experiencing this I believe since last February's update ( or was it March I can't remember) either way...
  9. How do I make one 360 controller always sign into my profile over a second controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I make one 360 controller always sign into my profile over a second controller?: I have recently started using an old controller with a worn out stick as a recharge station by plugging it into the front of the 360. That way I can play with one battery pack in my good...
  10. Anyway to tell which controller is signed in with a certain profile?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyway to tell which controller is signed in with a certain profile?: If i have two controllers signed in ...how can I tell which is one is signed in to which particular profiles? and also if they are player 1 (P1) player (2) etc.? (from the dashboard not in a...