Progressive Scan

Discus and support Progressive Scan in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why doesn't Microsoft let people know not to buy the Xbox One if they don't have a progressive scan television. I bought the console and quickly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by redwingnut1, May 4, 2014.

1. redwingnut1
    redwingnut1 Guest

Progressive Scan

Why doesn't Microsoft let people know not to buy the Xbox One if they don't have a progressive scan television. I bought the console and quickly discovered that I'm stuck with 480p. Why are they worried about if I get a little blur once in a while. I
    watch hockey all the time at 1080i on my 65" RPCRT and I don't have a problem following the puck. I have found a product HDFury 4 also called 3DFury that will turn the progressive scan signal to interlaced, but it costs $399 USD. That's a little steep for
    my budget. 65" televisions that are a decent brand run over $1,200. There are millions of HD TVs out there that are 1080i, I really don't understand the thinking behind this decision by Microsoft?

:)

redwingnut1, May 4, 2014
  2. FRILLKILL
    FRILLKILL Guest
    What resolution to use on my 720p 32 in LG TV

it seems you can use 720p and go to 1080i as 1080p is 1920x1080 so your not getting 1080p , i would personally always go with the highest progressive scan over interlaced any day and go with 720p over the 1080i as interlaced has a slight delay in the high
    textures where as progressive scan doesn't have this

FRILLKILL, May 4, 2014
  3. Standard-def component video output: possible or not?

How? It seems that with the switch in the "TV" position you only get composite output, and with the switch in the "HDTV" position, you get component but the minimum res is 480p. Progressive scan is not standard def.

SpruceHealer8, May 4, 2014
  4. FRILLKILL Win User

What resolution to use on my 720p 32 in LG TV

it seems you can use 720p and go to 1080i as 1080p is 1920x1080 so your not getting 1080p , i would personally always go with the highest progressive scan over interlaced any day and go with 720p over the 1080i as interlaced has a slight delay in the high
    textures where as progressive scan doesn't have this
  5. SpruceHealer8 Win User

Standard-def component video output: possible or not?

How? It seems that with the switch in the "TV" position you only get composite output, and with the switch in the "HDTV" position, you get component but the minimum res is 480p. Progressive scan is not standard def.
  6. User 9242019 Win User

4K?

You would think it would be a lot but the video on a laserdisc was analog and 480 interlaced, not even progressive scan. If at that size it had the data density of BD, you could store several or more 4K movies on the same disc.
  7. gaburko Win User

Digital TV Tuner in Switzerland

Hm...thats still progress, i will play with this tonight as well. It means that the tuner can still do a free scan and is not necessarily locked to the frequencies of the providers, which is good.

Indeed, a CI module and a normal, non-restricted tuner would be a panacea :)
  8. JaRizzz Win User

Riddler question marks around city.

Do u have to progress in the game somewhat to use it because i saw a big ? lined it up and held LB while in detective mode but it never did a scan. i'm just at meeting Harley for the 1st time

^sucks about your bike
Thema:

Progressive Scan

1. Progressive Scan - Similar Threads - Progressive Scan

2. game progress

in XBoX on Windows
    game progress: game progress has been lost, how can i fix it? I was playng shadows of war until yesterday and today the game progress has disappeared! i play on pc and this game was the only one that lost...
  3. Xbox Rewards app not tracking quest progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Rewards app not tracking quest progress: The Xbox Rewards app on Xbox One does not appear to be accurately tracking quest progress. I got an achievement in Middle-Earth:Shadow of Mordor and it did not count towards the "Step back in...
  4. missing progress content

in XBoX on Consoles
    missing progress content: I have been playing the game Snake Pass for quite some time, moving through levels.. When I went to play a day ago I found all of my saved progress (a lot of hours) was gone. I now have to start...
  5. Deleted Progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleted Progress: Hey, idk what going on but my main minecraft world that a play everyday and have put many hours into has just disappeared. I looked into it and alot of people are having the same problem it just...
  6. Lost Game progress after changing account alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost Game progress after changing account alias: Hello folks from Microsoft, After changing my account alias (e-mail that is used to log in) i lost completely all my Xbox games progress. The funny thing is that my accomplishments are still...
  7. Witcher 3 GOTY - no game progress on xbox profile / no achievements

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 3 GOTY - no game progress on xbox profile / no achievements: Hey, Some time ago I bought the W3-GOTY (digital version) from the MS Store on my Xbox One S. I have already played about 100h, level 24, Velen cleared... and 0 achievements unlocked. I don't...
  8. Lost all game progress.

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost all game progress.: Not sure where to even go with this question. I was signed in on Xbox Console Companion and was playing Seekers Notes Hidden Mystery. There was a storm nearby and the power went out at my house...
  9. Xbox Ambassador Xp Challenge Progression

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Ambassador Xp Challenge Progression: So i just joined the xbox ambassador program and i replied to 2 questions and 3 discussions bit my challenges still say 0 out of 2 for both of them. im a little confused as im trying to earn some...
  10. Game Save & Progress Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Save & Progress Issue: Hello All I started playing LEGO Star Wars TCS on my Xbox One again last night. Instead of just loading up a single player game I jumped right into a multi-player session. I could see all the...