Promotional balance expired any way to extend or recover it

Discus and support Promotional balance expired any way to extend or recover it in XBoX Rewards to solve the problem; is there a way to recover expired reward balance? e1ae2117-a374-4333-84e9-1b59114a49d9 Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards' started by CjX2K, May 13, 2018.

1. CjX2K
    CjX2K Guest

is there a way to recover expired reward balance?

:)

CjX2K, May 13, 2018
  2. Waynej
    Waynej Guest
    How to check your Xbox MSP expiry dates

I've seen some comments on this elsewhere in the forums, and while someone may have posted this before now, I've certainly not seen it.

For those unaware and concerned over their Microsoft points expiring, you can check the exact date that they expire. Sign into Xbox.com with your gamertag, click My Account at top right, goto Billing History and then click the Payment Options tab, this will display your recent Microsoft points purchases and their expiration date. Naughty, naughty, Microsoft. :nono:

All Microsoft points will expire 12-mths after their redeemed date. It's not just the points that you had on your account before they were converted to real currency, Microsoft points that you can still currently buy today will also expire after 12-mths.

If you don't like Microsoft vapourising your virtual money then you'd be best to stick to the new Xbox Gift Cards, but with Xbox One and day-1 digital right around the corner I am sure most of us will use this money up before it gets checked out and placed into BillyG's bank account.

And here's another bit of info from the FAQ, I'll bolden the interesting bit. It mainly states whenever you buy anything Microsoft automatically use the money that is closest to expiring.

Waynej, May 13, 2018
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Promotional Balance of $40.35 expired way before it was supposed to

For billing issues you'll need to contact support directly. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or Contact Us | Xbox Support

Smwutches, May 13, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You would have to try contacting support and speak to billing, but generally no. Once funds expire there is no way to get them back. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or Contact Us | Xbox Support

Smwutches, May 13, 2018
  5. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest
    Hello CjX2K,

This forum is for Xbox Live Rewards issues only. We do not handle billing issues. You may want to contact Xbox Support for billing assistance such as at (Contact Us | Xbox Support).

XBLRewards8, Nov 3, 2018
  6. Smwutches Win User

You would have to try contacting support and speak to billing, but generally no. Once funds expire there is no way to get them back. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  7. XBLRewards8 Win User

Hello CjX2K,

This forum is for Xbox Live Rewards issues only. We do not handle billing issues. You may want to contact Xbox Support for billing assistance such as at (http://support.xbox.com/contact-us).
  8. ngocphi Win User

Pre-Ordering a game using temporary funds

There is no way to extend a expiring money

Your only option is to use the currency on file first then buy a code from an etailer for the remaindrr

Keep.in mind only promotional currency expires including the ones from the ms points to currency transfer

If you had ms points from before the system changed you will have e to use those

The new currency will be used as the remainder of the balance
  9. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox Balance Expiry - more like theft.

The key words are "promotional balance" Any currency get through promo's does expire.
  10. Miss Kleo Win User

Microsoft Points Expired

Hey sagtogi, I am sorry to hear about this, I'd feel the same way! So I can understand but unfortunately as Hassassinade has mentioned, when promotional points expire we cannot extend the expiration. In the future, make sure to note which points are promotional
    points so this won't happen again. :)
Thema:

1. Promotional balance expired any way to extend or recover it - Similar Threads - Promotional balance expired

2. Promoção de jogos no Xbox One[Translation-Promotion of games on Xbox One]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Promoção de jogos no Xbox One[Translation-Promotion of games on Xbox One]: Não é bem uma dúvida, é mais uma curiosidade: será que essa semana vai sair alguma promoção boa no xbox? Achei estranho porque segunda feira colocaram apenas os Far Cry's e mais alguns jogos em...
  3. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Spotify promotion not eligible for Belgium?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Spotify promotion not eligible for Belgium?: Hi, I bought Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the free 6 months of Spotify Premium and I just found out it's not eligible for people in Belgium and was wondering if there's still a way for me to be...
  4. Promotional balance.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Promotional balance.: Salutations, Got an email saying I have a promotional balance but I don't know how to use it. When I go to purchase something it only displays my normal payment options. Thank you....
  5. Promotional Balance Expired Early

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Promotional Balance Expired Early: I had a $20 credit that was set to expire today and I was under the impression I had through today to spend it. However, when I went to spend it I saw it had already expired. Can someone please...
  6. Promotional Balance of $40.35 expired way before it was supposed to

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Promotional Balance of $40.35 expired way before it was supposed to: I tried to use a promotional balance before it expired but I can't use it because it says it is not available even though it says it will expire on Dec 1 [img] I had tried 2 days prior to today...
  7. Promotional Account Balance Concern

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Promotional Account Balance Concern: I have $20 expiring today in my Microsoft Account Balance. However, at the moment, it's only visible on my Xbox 360, but not on my Xbox One. The item that I wanted to purchase was The Witcher 3...
  8. Lost My Promotional Balance

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Lost My Promotional Balance: I lost my promotional balance due to the email being sent to the wrong email address. I have tried fixing this in the past and removing the wrong email address and putting mine in, and yet all my...
  9. Promotion Balance Incorrect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Promotion Balance Incorrect: Hi I was sent email saying that I was given a $25 promotion balance, but when I went to go check it said I only have $8. This is the second time I have been redirected. I have talked with a...
  10. Cannot use money in Microsoft promotional balance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use money in Microsoft promotional balance: For the last 3 months, I have been given a code to redeem and got some money in the account and it is due to expire on September. How can use that promotional balance to buy things? When I try to...