Promotional balance.

Discus and support Promotional balance. in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Salutations, Got an email saying I have a promotional balance but I don't know how to use it. When I go to purchase something it only displays my... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by NightShade Q, Jun 13, 2019.

1. NightShade Q
    NightShade Q Guest

Promotional balance.

Salutations,

Got an email saying I have a promotional balance but I don't know how to use it. When I go to purchase something it only displays my normal payment options.

Thank you.

:)

NightShade Q, Jun 13, 2019
  2. XBF Steven R Win User

Promotional balance.

Hey there NightShade Q,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for information on how to take advantage of your promotion.

I can understand how being in that situation can be confusing.

Your available balance should show in the payment options section of your Microsoft account. Does it look like your balance has changed since you got that email?

As put forth by @ArminatorX, it's best to make sure that you read all the email and be aware that sometimes scammers can send things to
    people's email in an attempt to obtain their info.

I would say it'd be best for you to contact customer support
    directly to see if they have any record of anything being credited to your account or anything that could be getting in the way of you using the balance.

When you get a chance, get with them and let us know if they were able to clarify things.

Thanks for reading!
  3. NightShade Q Win User

Promotional balance.

Thank you for the replies.

It's listed as a refund. Shouldn't be any currency conversions or anything.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Promotional balance.

Can you go to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ and check what was added to your account?

Also: depending on your Xbox One console's language setting, it might be that you are accessing the marketplace in a different country (e.g. you are in India, but set your console to US English, so you are buying from the US American store with US Dollars,
    but the promotional balance was added to your account in your native currency).

Since Microsoft doesn't do currency conversion, your account won't show the added funds unless you change your locale to the country of which your promotional money was added.

Also make sure that this is really a genuine email about getting a promotional balance! Sometimes criminals and scammers send fake emails promising free Gold memberships or money for your account, if you sign in on a specific page.

However, that page is just there, so you enter your login credentials, which the criminals then store and try to get into your account with your provided login information.

So to be safe, go to
    https://account.live.com/Proofs/Manage
    and make sure you have Two Step Verification enabled and set up the free Authenticator App on your smartphone!
  5. Ackis Win User

Promotional balance.

Usually they appear as a credit on your account. Where did you get the balance from?
  6. NightShade Q Win User

Promotional balance.

Salutations,

I wanted to contact them but the only options were through this forum or over the phone, the latter of which I prefer not to do. Is there an email option?

Thank you.
Thema:

Promotional balance.

1. Promotional balance. - Similar Threads - Promotional balance

2. Loyalty Promotion for Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Loyalty Promotion for Xbox Live Gold: I got the surprise auto-renewal on my Gold subscription this morning. I remember in the past there have been loyalty discounts on Gold. Do they still exist? Being charged the full $60 when there...
  3. Promote child account to adult

in XBoX on Consoles
    Promote child account to adult: Back in the 360 days, Years ago, I set up my account and wifes, inadvertently I have create a child account( Slavin 2002). I have checked the account info which is my DOB is XX/XX/1970. How can I...
  4. Promotional balance expired any way to extend or recover it

in XBoX Rewards
    Promotional balance expired any way to extend or recover it: is there a way to recover expired reward balance? e1ae2117-a374-4333-84e9-1b59114a49d9
  5. Promotional Balance Expired Early

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Promotional Balance Expired Early: I had a $20 credit that was set to expire today and I was under the impression I had through today to spend it. However, when I went to spend it I saw it had already expired. Can someone please...
  6. Promotional Balance of $40.35 expired way before it was supposed to

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Promotional Balance of $40.35 expired way before it was supposed to: I tried to use a promotional balance before it expired but I can't use it because it says it is not available even though it says it will expire on Dec 1 [img] I had tried 2 days prior to today...
  7. Promotional Account Balance Concern

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Promotional Account Balance Concern: I have $20 expiring today in my Microsoft Account Balance. However, at the moment, it's only visible on my Xbox 360, but not on my Xbox One. The item that I wanted to purchase was The Witcher 3...
  8. Lost My Promotional Balance

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Lost My Promotional Balance: I lost my promotional balance due to the email being sent to the wrong email address. I have tried fixing this in the past and removing the wrong email address and putting mine in, and yet all my...
  9. Promotion Balance Incorrect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Promotion Balance Incorrect: Hi I was sent email saying that I was given a $25 promotion balance, but when I went to go check it said I only have $8. This is the second time I have been redirected. I have talked with a...
  10. Cannot use money in Microsoft promotional balance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use money in Microsoft promotional balance: For the last 3 months, I have been given a code to redeem and got some money in the account and it is due to expire on September. How can use that promotional balance to buy things? When I try to...