Proper use of HDD's

Discus and support Proper use of HDD's in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I realise this has probably been asked many times before but I just can't find a straight answer anywhere. Does anyone know if Microsoft will ever... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by danbish, May 31, 2014.

1. danbish
    danbish Guest

Proper use of HDD's

I realise this has probably been asked many times before but I just can't find a straight answer anywhere.

Does anyone know if Microsoft will ever open up the Xbox 360 to allow proper external HDD's? I have a 250GB drive on my 360 and the 320GB HDD is very hard to find, plus I don't want to pay the frankly ridiculous asking price for it for an extra 70GB when
    I know I can get a 1TB or 2TB for around the same price.

Space on my 360 is becoming quite hard to find and I don't want to start faffing around downloading, deleting and re-downloading games whenever I want to play them - I'd rather have them all there.

Don't they realise 32GB sticks or only using 32GB of any HDD is not helpful and definitely not a solution?

:)

danbish, May 31, 2014
  2. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest
    Hard-Drive Microsoft 60 Go not recognized when installed.

External storage devices can only use 16Gb of space at a time.

Only official internal HDD's can use more than that.

Bazajaytee, May 31, 2014
  3. yanos101
    yanos101 Guest
    USB drive compatibility

use a data transfer cable for xbox HDD's. i had the same problem, my old HD was for the old xbox but when i bought my new xbox i had to use a transfer cable simply because the HDD's were different to one another.

yanos101, May 31, 2014
  4. Proper use of HDD's

There hasn't been an announcement on that yet but I do know that you can use a flsh drive.

MaximumExtreme, May 31, 2014
Thema:

Proper use of HDD's

1. Proper use of HDD's - Similar Threads - Proper HDD's

2. Gamerscore not updating properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamerscore not updating properly: I began the game Noir Chronicles with x-Gamerscore. The game displays as completed in the achievements list: 20/20 achievements for 1000/1000 Gamerscore, yet my total Gamerscore only added...
  3. Home Xbox function does not work properly.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home Xbox function does not work properly.: So, my and my brother's accounts are set to the same Home Xbox. For Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, we are both able to play it. However, I ordered the digital deluxe edition, and received all of the...
  4. xbox one console not turning on properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one console not turning on properly: I tried to turn on my xbox one s earlier and it would not power on. The light on the front of the display would turn on and have a solid color and the console was clearly attempting to boot up....
  5. How to properly deal with player harassment

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to properly deal with player harassment: Ok, so here is a consistent issue I see in all online gaming when it comes to xbox. Toxic players who persist to harass anyone and everyone they want. I'm sorry but the report system for xbox...
  6. My Xbox can't detect properly my HDD.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox can't detect properly my HDD.: I recently run into a problem with my Xbox One, that is I ran out of space on it. So I purchased a 2TB SeaGate HDD (the Xbox edition), and attached it to my Xbox. My is that, the Xbox can't...
  7. Cloud and HDD saves are not synching properly on Minecraft.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud and HDD saves are not synching properly on Minecraft.: I loaded up the Minecraft Xbox One "Better Together" edition today and I got the error message, "Your cloud saved games and the saved game copies on your console are out of sync. Which do you...
  8. seagate 2tb external usb 3.0 hdd won't reformat properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    seagate 2tb external usb 3.0 hdd won't reformat properly: I bought a 2tb external HDD a year ago, works flawlessly, issue is I originally had it formatted straight out of the box for my Xbox One. I consider myself to be rather techy but this one I cant...
  9. My semi new 500 gig hdd is not working properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My semi new 500 gig hdd is not working properly.: Hey, everyone. My 360 died on me recently. I sent it in to be repaired. I got a replacement console. My 500 gig official HDD AND my WD external 1tb hdd stopped working properly. I'll elaborate....
  10. Proper Xbox 360 HDD for Xbox Original Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Proper Xbox 360 HDD for Xbox Original Games: I recently purchased and installed a AGPtek 250GB 250G Hard Disk Drive HDD for Microsoft Xbox 360 in order to play some original Xbox games that are on the supported list. When I try to start the...