Pros and Cons of being on the Xbox preview program.

Discus and support Pros and Cons of being on the Xbox preview program. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would like to know from those that are already part of it about the pros and cons of the program and just your overall experience. I count it an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BUCMASTER, Oct 20, 2014.

1. BUCMASTER
    BUCMASTER Guest

I would like to know from those that are already part of it about the pros and cons of the program and just your overall experience. I count it an honor to be chosen to participate and just would like a little insight before taking the plunge.

My previous post was deleted because a moderator thought I was asking for an invite. :/

:)

BUCMASTER, Oct 20, 2014
  2. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Kinect doesn't work after update in Xbox Preview Program

This is what happens when software which is not ready for everyone, is used. Software is the key thing running your console. Everyone should be aware of the pros and cons of being in the Preview Program thingy.

smileskybird, Oct 20, 2014
  3. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Pros/Cons of preview program

If you want to preview stuff before it's finished and released for everyone, which will have bugs, then it's for you.

The software/operating system is the key instrument in controlling the hardware. If it's an unfinished product, would you want it running on a device which costs several hundred dollars? Not me. Sure saves on Xbox 1 are stored on XBL, but not the game files
    and for Xbox 1, game sizes can be large just like Forza 5, COD Ghosts, etc. And downloading those file sizes off XBL at ADSL Broadband speeds can be a pain and slow. Fortunately last month we changed to Ultra Fibre Cable Internet which offers 100mb/s down
    and 10mb/s up. ADSL broadband speeds only average 7-12mb/s down and 0.9mb/s up. Why do you think Microsoft recommends you only install Windows 10 Technical Preview on a backup PC? hmm?

smileskybird, Oct 20, 2014
  4. JPep715
    JPep715 Guest

You will encounter bugs. If you just want get new features sooner encountering bugs will turn you off. But if you want to help make xbox better be sure to use the feedback button whenever you find a bug or something isnt working the way it should. Many but
    not all issues i've had have been fixed and I'm confident they'll all be addressed eventually

JPep715, Oct 20, 2014
  5. I like to think of it like we are perfecting the machine for the rest of the world whilst offering our X1 necks forward as test pigs lol Joking aside, there's really minimal difference, you get updates more often and you get early access to newer features.
    On the whole, its wroth it in my opinion. Helping out, that is.

Mark Sherwood, Oct 20, 2014
  6. Yes....as soon as all the bugs are worked out, please let the rest of us know so we can jump aboard. Until then, I'll continue to noodle around with my 360.

BizarroMantis, Oct 20, 2014
  7. BUCMASTER
    BUCMASTER Guest
    JPep715,

When you say "bugs" do you mean bugs that affect the hardware and can render the Xbox One unplayable for a time or just bugs with a particular feature or app? Speaking of apps, do you get previews of new app being released as well?

BUCMASTER, Oct 20, 2014
  8. Pros and Cons of being on the Xbox preview program.

You get the update earlier. They added a rewards program with quests and give you points after completing them. They are new feature related. You have surveys and questions to answer as well. You may encounter bugs, glitches and other issues. I'm a programmer
    so i like getting in on Beta tests or previews of any kind. I've really only encountered 1 serious issues in the 7 months of the Preview program. I don't remember seeing any that left a mass of people's Xbox's useless.

DIY LobotoMEd, Oct 20, 2014
  9. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest
    I'm part of it and like to think I help make the system better haha. Can't say I've had any real issues other than the odd freeze so I'm more than happy to keep going.

Hopefully I get the latest one as I want to try out the background update.

Blitz23 NZ, Oct 20, 2014
  10. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    I'm not part of it but will post here anyways. Pros I think with it is you get a preview of what's to come compared to everyone else like me who waits for the official full publicly available, version. The cons with it is it may possibly have a few bugs,
    and if you want in, you need an Invite.

I prefer not having a Beta Dashboard (which is not publicly officially and full version available for everyone) running on my console. I prefer only having the official full Dashboard version which everyone, not some exclusive group, gets. I've noticed that
    M bans consoles with firmware with unknown source quality or intent on Xbox 360. It's on Xbox Live search on Wikipedia. Even though this Preview Program is allowed by M. I just prefer having what everyone gets. And I don't want a buggy system. But respect
    why others may want to join it. It gives you a preview of new stuff before it's officially released for everyone.

smileskybird, Oct 31, 2018
  11. Blitz23 NZ Win User

I'm part of it and like to think I help make the system better haha. Can't say I've had any real issues other than the odd freeze so I'm more than happy to keep going.

Hopefully I get the latest one as I want to try out the background update.
  12. BUCMASTER Win User

JPep715,

When you say "bugs" do you mean bugs that affect the hardware and can render the Xbox One unplayable for a time or just bugs with a particular feature or app? Speaking of apps, do you get previews of new app being released as well?
  13. Mark Sherwood Win User

I like to think of it like we are perfecting the machine for the rest of the world whilst offering our X1 necks forward as test pigs lol Joking aside, there's really minimal difference, you get updates more often and you get early access to newer features.
    On the whole, its wroth it in my opinion. Helping out, that is.
  14. BizarroMantis Win User

Yes....as soon as all the bugs are worked out, please let the rest of us know so we can jump aboard. Until then, I'll continue to noodle around with my 360.
  15. smileskybird Win User

I'm not part of it but will post here anyways. Pros I think with it is you get a preview of what's to come compared to everyone else like me who waits for the official full publicly available, version. The cons with it is it may possibly have a few bugs,
    and if you want in, you need an Invite.

I prefer not having a Beta Dashboard (which is not publicly officially and full version available for everyone) running on my console. I prefer only having the official full Dashboard version which everyone, not some exclusive group, gets. I've noticed that
    M bans consoles with firmware with unknown source quality or intent on Xbox 360. It's on Xbox Live search on Wikipedia. Even though this Preview Program is allowed by M. I just prefer having what everyone gets. And I don't want a buggy system. But respect
    why others may want to join it. It gives you a preview of new stuff before it's officially released for everyone.
Thema:

1. Pros and Cons of being on the Xbox preview program. - Similar Threads - Pros Cons being

2. Pros and cons of Xobox Live Gold and Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros and cons of Xobox Live Gold and Game Pass Ultimate: What are the pluses and minuses of both of these -- Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass Ultimate Why is one better than the other f87ca072-166b-413d-8143-4598ed7df953
  3. xCloud vs Game Streaming - pros and cons

in XboX Insiders
    xCloud vs Game Streaming - pros and cons: I was just accepted into the xCloud beta here in Denmark and started poking around. I have been using Game Streaming from my One X for some months and it works fine. I have game pass. I can’t...
  4. Game pass Ultimate: What are the pros and cons?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass Ultimate: What are the pros and cons?: i only see pros, you get alot of games with it, you get gold and you get pc games. sometimes you can get it really cheap a2a48cc5-8349-40f6-abed-e1f057ce2410
  5. What are all of your pros and cons about this game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What are all of your pros and cons about this game?: I have a lot of pros, and not so many cons. I am just a huge Star Wars fan, and I think this sequel to the original is a very nice and amazing experience, despite some other peoples negative...
  6. Pros & cons of downloadable games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pros & cons of downloadable games: The pros....1 You don't have to get off your couch to buy games 2. You don't have to get off your couch to switch between games. The cons... 1 Downloadable games are more...
  7. Pros/Cons of preview program

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros/Cons of preview program: Just like the title says..... what are the pros and cons of joining the preview program? I got another invite to join tonight, but before I select "Get it free", I guess I am more worried about...
  8. Pros and Cons to waiting for updated Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros and Cons to waiting for updated Xbox One: Considering the size of game installs the internal 500 GB HDD in the Xbox One is seeming smaller and smaller. Tacitly confirmed by Phil Spencer on the recent Podcast Unlocked episode, Xbox One...
  9. Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy: ^ LOL ;) See what works for some doesn't for others, Apart from what I've already mentioned, I buy Allot of games, I mean %^&%&loads 886461bb-be58-40a1-9895-a5250ad72bba
  10. Pros and Cons of XBOX ONE (Little Review)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros and Cons of XBOX ONE (Little Review): So I've had my XBOX ONE for a little over a month now. And I have to say it surpassed a lot of my expectations. But as every system/game/product it does have a few downsides. Pros: + Easy to set...