Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy

Discus and support Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ^ LOL ;) See what works for some doesn't for others, Apart from what I've already mentioned, I buy Allot of games, I mean %^&%&loads... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RedEye Expr3ss, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy

^ LOL Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy ;) See what works for some doesn't for others, Apart from what I've already mentioned, I buy Allot of games, I mean %^&%&loads

:)

RedEye Expr3ss, Sep 9, 2014
  2. Digital Vs. Physical

Disc = 1 set of pros vs cons

Digital = Another set of pros vs cons

Which do you prefer = people bickering over petty differences in their preferences.

A Blue Illusion, Sep 9, 2014
  3. Mooby Geenk
    Mooby Geenk Guest
    Disc vs. Digital

Before Microsoft reversed its policies on DRM and online checks there really wasn't much of a difference with disc based games and the digital games besides being able to trade the disc once. Since the reversal of their policies I feel like there is a big
    difference in the pros and cons of going completely with digital games or disc based games.

Right now I'm torn on what I want to do if I just want to go digital so I can have a floating library of games without needing a disc or getting a disc so I can lend it to my brother without having to give him my Xbox Live account. So I wanted to see what
    everyone's thoughts are on the pros and cons of both sides of gaming. Are you leaning more to disc based games or digital games?

Mooby Geenk, Sep 9, 2014
  4. booocar19
    booocar19 Guest

Con of disk. When you order online to be delivered the day of release and mid day the next day it still has not turned up..... # 1st world problems

booocar19, Sep 10, 2014
  5. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    ^This!

Otherwise I like having a physical collection and being able to sell them later on. I'll go all digital as soon as it's the cheaper option.

bowski477, Sep 10, 2014
  6. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    Do I see the extra cost of digital over disc as an advantage to be able to fast switch. not get broken, able to FAMILY SHARE and take up NO room in my house over being able to trade in a $60 game for $15 store credit 3 months after release...

yes I do

tohellnbak, Sep 10, 2014
  7. In my recent research, I find that digital seems to load faster than physical games.

MaximumExtreme, Sep 10, 2014
  8. ZTROOPER16
    ZTROOPER16 Guest

Pro easyer and load and has less problems like Disc.

Cons If you dont have that much money you cant trade in for other games. Also you can lend to friends yet.

digital vs disc is really about how much money you have to spend.

ZTROOPER16, Sep 10, 2014
  9. Hello everyone Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy :)

Please understand that It isn't my intention to be mean / rude to anyone, but to those that are saying the everything should be Digital; have you taken into account those people (like me) that have a bad Wi-Fi Signal strenght for the Xbox One and onwards?

So, I have to downlaod a 40 GB game with 2 bars of Wi-Fi strenght? This is the reason that Disc Copies are the best solution for me Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Sep 10, 2014
  10. ZTROOPER16
    ZTROOPER16 Guest
    Im all digital and i only have 10 MB no there alwasys going to be disc you just wont bealbe to resell them or trade them in at Ripoff stop like PC.

ZTROOPER16, Sep 10, 2014
  11. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    At one time, I had about 200 Xbox 360 game cases on my shelf. It was a little out of hand, so I sold them all and vowed I wouldn't clutter my shelves when the One came out. While most of these issues that have been discussed aren't "big deals" for some,
    for others they are. I just don't want to deal with it and I'm not hard up for cash where I need to trade in my games, so digital is the easy way to go.

Eggnogga, Sep 10, 2014
  12. ZTROOPER16
    ZTROOPER16 Guest
    WOW how much did they game store give you when you traded it them in 20 dollars.

ZTROOPER16, Sep 10, 2014
  13. Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy

Hello "Eggnogga" Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy :)

Did you ask any of your friends if they were interested in your 200 Xbox 360 games? You probably would have gotten a better deal by doing this and the friend that bought those games from you would be happy because the games that they just purchased are
    all in perfect condition Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy :)

Long story short, it is a " win win " situation for you and the friend that bought them Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy :)

Lei Fang DOAX3, Sep 10, 2014
  14. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    @Ztrooper -- It was a few hundred dollars, actually. I was mildly amused by some of the prices they offered... some games it was a measly $.50 and then random games they'd give me like $15 for them.

@Lei -- I didn't bother. I was in the process of moving and just wanted to get them out ASAP. There was a mother at Gamestop while I was bringing in box after box of the games and she asked, "Got enough games?" I laughed and told her, "In 15 minutes I
    won't". Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy :)

Eggnogga, Sep 10, 2014
  15. FTM99
    FTM99 Guest
    Discs will be phased out in due time..Its just the way it is now..

I was on the fence about this disc vs. digital before the one came out but now that i am all digital ,discs are an anomaly..

Pretty much useless pieces of plastic now IMO..

I'm in my 40's and i have seen the 8 track replaced by the cassette ,the cassette/VHS replaced by CD's,,CD's being replaced with SD cards and MP3 players and now digital replacing everything ..

Just the way it is ,and we can't stop it..

FTM99, Sep 10, 2014
Thema:

1. Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy - Similar Threads - Pros cons having

2. Pros and cons of Xobox Live Gold and Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros and cons of Xobox Live Gold and Game Pass Ultimate: What are the pluses and minuses of both of these -- Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass Ultimate Why is one better than the other f87ca072-166b-413d-8143-4598ed7df953
  3. xCloud vs Game Streaming - pros and cons

in XboX Insiders
    xCloud vs Game Streaming - pros and cons: I was just accepted into the xCloud beta here in Denmark and started poking around. I have been using Game Streaming from my One X for some months and it works fine. I have game pass. I can’t...
  4. Game pass Ultimate: What are the pros and cons?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass Ultimate: What are the pros and cons?: i only see pros, you get alot of games with it, you get gold and you get pc games. sometimes you can get it really cheap a2a48cc5-8349-40f6-abed-e1f057ce2410
  5. What are all of your pros and cons about this game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What are all of your pros and cons about this game?: I have a lot of pros, and not so many cons. I am just a huge Star Wars fan, and I think this sequel to the original is a very nice and amazing experience, despite some other peoples negative...
  6. Pros & cons of downloadable games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pros & cons of downloadable games: The pros....1 You don't have to get off your couch to buy games 2. You don't have to get off your couch to switch between games. The cons... 1 Downloadable games are more...
  7. Pros/Cons of preview program

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros/Cons of preview program: Just like the title says..... what are the pros and cons of joining the preview program? I got another invite to join tonight, but before I select "Get it free", I guess I am more worried about...
  8. Pros and Cons to waiting for updated Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros and Cons to waiting for updated Xbox One: Considering the size of game installs the internal 500 GB HDD in the Xbox One is seeming smaller and smaller. Tacitly confirmed by Phil Spencer on the recent Podcast Unlocked episode, Xbox One...
  9. Pros and Cons of being on the Xbox preview program.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros and Cons of being on the Xbox preview program.: I would like to know from those that are already part of it about the pros and cons of the program and just your overall experience. I count it an honor to be chosen to participate and just would...
  10. Pros and Cons of XBOX ONE (Little Review)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros and Cons of XBOX ONE (Little Review): So I've had my XBOX ONE for a little over a month now. And I have to say it surpassed a lot of my expectations. But as every system/game/product it does have a few downsides. Pros: + Easy to set...