Pros and Cons of XBOX ONE (Little Review)

Discus and support Pros and Cons of XBOX ONE (Little Review) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've had my XBOX ONE for a little over a month now. And I have to say it surpassed a lot of my expectations. But as every system/game/product it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by aRagingCanadian, May 31, 2014.

1. Pros and Cons of XBOX ONE (Little Review)

So I've had my XBOX ONE for a little over a month now. And I have to say it surpassed a lot of my expectations. But as every system/game/product it does have a few downsides.

Pros:

+ Easy to set up

+ Very Quite

+ Long battery life in controllers (even with cheap batteries)

+ The fact you don't lose your gamer score.

+ You can connect TV/Cable Box/XBOX 360 to it. (I have my XBOX 360 connected to it)

+ Finally has a Blu-Ray Player (which I still need to download)

+ Games are amazing graphic-wise.

+ The fact you can turn it off and turn it back on and start from where you left off in the game without having to reload the game.

+ The fact that it can preform a lot more and not/barley lag.

+ Voice Commands very cool.. I hardly even have to touch my XBOX to turn it on, off, switch to this, to that. Very very fun to use.

+ A lot more to list.. but I am a little lazy right now. LOL.

Cons:

- Price (Although I got it $30 cheaper because the lady at the store messed up)

- Bandwidth Hog if you are thinking of getting an XBOX ONE it is a good idea to ensure that you have more then 100GB of data per month. The first day I got this I used 31GB of data which would have
    taken me more then a few days to do it without. I got up to 97% of my data usage last month. This month I am just under 88%.

- Games seem to load a little slower then on XBOX 360.. kinda. When playing MP on CoD: Ghosts I noticed that the game loads a bit slower going into a match then it did on 360.

- Having to sign in more the once (sometimes). After signing in to your XBL Account starting up a game will promot you into signing in again. This mostly happens in CoD: Ghosts, but it has happened
    a few times in Dead Rising 3 and Watch Dogs.

- SOMETIMES Kinect will ignore you. You can scream at it and it just sit there ignoring you.. how rude!!

- Can't play 360 games.. but you can connect your 360 to XBOX ONE.. so whatever.

All and all I love my XBOX ONE wouldn't trade it for anything other system. The cons a very minor in my book. Great system.

:)

aRagingCanadian, May 31, 2014
  2. Xbox One are you taken in or thinking of a console change. And why.

Well, I've actually got myself a little "pros and cons" list for both consoles, sadly the x1 list is more cons than pros at the moment tho.

MetalGearFloppy, May 31, 2014
  3. So before Dawnguard releases which side will you be on? Vampires or the Dawnguard?

What are the pros and cons of being which one?

Marwood II 87, May 31, 2014
  4. Pros and Cons of XBOX ONE (Little Review)

Who has a data cap any more? You need to switch ISP.

Games have more to load. They actually load quicker but have far more data TO load.

This sign in issue happens if the Kinect cannot see the LED on your controller and your face.

If the game is loud this can happen, but the correct response is to wait a few seconds and try again. Shouting will make it worse.

Rumour has it an emulator will be announced at E3.

A Virtual Duck, May 31, 2014
  5. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    My ISP just started enforcing a data cap a few months ago, but I can't switch because out of my options the cable provider has the lowest latency. I even had to increase my speeds from 20m(250gb) to 30m(350gb) just for the higher data cap.

Prime example of why not having healthy competition is bad.

Zero Divided, May 31, 2014
  6. An emulator .....awesome if true .

PAINT MACHINE, May 31, 2014
  7. I get 33ms to West Europe and 108ms to East Coast US. Latency isn't as bad as it seems. 33 is excellent and 108? I didn't notice the difference until I asked.

8. Pros and Cons of XBOX ONE (Little Review)

I don't think you are signing in twice when you start a game, you are just choosing the profile game save. Kinda like on the 360 when it has us choose the game save location (HDD or Cloud).

CollapseControl, May 31, 2014
  9. @A Virtual Duck - There are very few (if any) ISP companies in Canada that don't have data caps.. unless you go with a business plan and you are paying a lot more for a lot less speed. For example.. I can get speeds up to 120Mbps for $94/mo (or cheaper with
    bundle) or pay $101/mo (no contract) business for only 28Mbps.

But my data cap is 275GB and the only reason I came close to that data cap was because of the huge first update for XBOX ONE.. plus two games, and DLC (31.05GB in total).

aRagingCanadian, May 31, 2014
  10. I only get 15MBps which is more than enough for online gaming. Indeed, in Titanfall I always have 5 bars with the exception of playing across the Atlantic.

11. Kinect can certainly have it's off days, but I usually get it on the second command. The trick is not to get Angry with it. It seems to know when you are angry.

Fatalshock8912, Oct 31, 2018
  12. Zero Divided Win User

My ISP just started enforcing a data cap a few months ago, but I can't switch because out of my options the cable provider has the lowest latency. I even had to increase my speeds from 20m(250gb) to 30m(350gb) just for the higher data cap.

Prime example of why not having healthy competition is bad.
  13. A Virtual Duck Win User

I only get 15MBps which is more than enough for online gaming. Indeed, in Titanfall I always have 5 bars with the exception of playing across the Atlantic.
  14. PAINT MACHINE Win User

An emulator .....awesome if true .
  15. A Virtual Duck Win User

Who has a data cap any more? You need to switch ISP.

Games have more to load. They actually load quicker but have far more data TO load.

This sign in issue happens if the Kinect cannot see the LED on your controller and your face.

If the game is loud this can happen, but the correct response is to wait a few seconds and try again. Shouting will make it worse.

Rumour has it an emulator will be announced at E3.
  16. Fatalshock8912 Win User

Kinect can certainly have it's off days, but I usually get it on the second command. The trick is not to get Angry with it. It seems to know when you are angry.
Thema:

1. Pros and Cons of XBOX ONE (Little Review) - Similar Threads - Pros Cons Little

2. Pros and cons of Xobox Live Gold and Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros and cons of Xobox Live Gold and Game Pass Ultimate: What are the pluses and minuses of both of these -- Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass Ultimate Why is one better than the other f87ca072-166b-413d-8143-4598ed7df953
  3. xCloud vs Game Streaming - pros and cons

in XboX Insiders
    xCloud vs Game Streaming - pros and cons: I was just accepted into the xCloud beta here in Denmark and started poking around. I have been using Game Streaming from my One X for some months and it works fine. I have game pass. I can’t...
  4. Game pass Ultimate: What are the pros and cons?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass Ultimate: What are the pros and cons?: i only see pros, you get alot of games with it, you get gold and you get pc games. sometimes you can get it really cheap a2a48cc5-8349-40f6-abed-e1f057ce2410
  5. What are all of your pros and cons about this game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What are all of your pros and cons about this game?: I have a lot of pros, and not so many cons. I am just a huge Star Wars fan, and I think this sequel to the original is a very nice and amazing experience, despite some other peoples negative...
  6. Pros & cons of downloadable games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pros & cons of downloadable games: The pros....1 You don't have to get off your couch to buy games 2. You don't have to get off your couch to switch between games. The cons... 1 Downloadable games are more...
  7. Pros/Cons of preview program

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros/Cons of preview program: Just like the title says..... what are the pros and cons of joining the preview program? I got another invite to join tonight, but before I select "Get it free", I guess I am more worried about...
  8. Pros and Cons to waiting for updated Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros and Cons to waiting for updated Xbox One: Considering the size of game installs the internal 500 GB HDD in the Xbox One is seeming smaller and smaller. Tacitly confirmed by Phil Spencer on the recent Podcast Unlocked episode, Xbox One...
  9. Pros and Cons of being on the Xbox preview program.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros and Cons of being on the Xbox preview program.: I would like to know from those that are already part of it about the pros and cons of the program and just your overall experience. I count it an honor to be chosen to participate and just would...
  10. Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pros and cons of having a game on disc vs. having a digital copy: ^ LOL ;) See what works for some doesn't for others, Apart from what I've already mentioned, I buy Allot of games, I mean %^&%&loads 886461bb-be58-40a1-9895-a5250ad72bba