PS4 vs Xb1 - Accessing streaming apps

Discus and support PS4 vs Xb1 - Accessing streaming apps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a PS4 currently, no Xbox. I love game pass on my pc so am considering moving to XBSX for this next gen. Haven't made my mind up yet. I was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pavil Shiva, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Pavil Shiva
    Pavil Shiva Guest

I have a PS4 currently, no Xbox. I love game pass on my pc so am considering moving to XBSX for this next gen. Haven't made my mind up yet. I was hoping someone with an XB1 could help me out...

When accessing streaming apps (I use Netflix, Amazon, Disney+ and CBS All Access) on the PS4 it won't let me put the apps into a folder of my own creation like it will games. This is so it can push ads at me whenever I want to use a streaming service. Of
    course the reason I pay for streaming services is because I don't like ads. This is a key point for me when considering a next gen console. Unfortunately I don't have an XB1 so I don't know how it's handled over here.

Can someone who owns one help me out? Can you launch Netflix without being first forced to load an app with ads? Can you move the streaming app icons to first positions for ease of access?

Is there any info out there that answers these question about the XBSX?

Are there any videos on Youtube on the subject?

TIA for any info.

:)

Pavil Shiva, Oct 27, 2020
  2. ngocphi Win User

Wellyou organize apps and games into groups not folders

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-you-will-create-game-and-app-groups-xbox-one?amp

It should carry over onto the x

The ps5 is like the xbox interface but unknown about organizations

Ps4 was menued
  3. Pavil Shiva Win User

Folders or groups is irrelevant. The relevant point is whether ads are pushed when accessing streaming services and your provided link answered that perfectly.

Thanks, big time.
  4. RooK53 Win User

Xbox One Dashboard Walkthrough

5. DjAmpB Win User

No System Video Player on Xbox One?

Download Skifta app. Connect to your wifi , open the XB1 video app, the navigate to the file to stream on your phone or tablet and viola, you can stream on XB1.
  6. Burnin TODI Win User

friends notifications coming after march update

Thema:

1. PS4 vs Xb1 - Accessing streaming apps - Similar Threads - PS4 Xb1 Accessing

2. Cross Platform not working between xb1 and PS4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross Platform not working between xb1 and PS4: So me and my two friends (one is xbox and the other is ps4, im also ps4) have both tried to join me through an invite ive sent but theyve accepted it and nothing has happened Not even a prompt...
  3. Destiny [XB1][PS4] Legion of Honor (LoH) Seeking new members. Military foundation and 18+

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny [XB1][PS4] Legion of Honor (LoH) Seeking new members. Military foundation and 18+: Legion of Honor here and want to welcome anyone who is looking to join a clan that is organized, consistent and currently looking for you. You may join our group through bungie Legion of Honor...
  4. Character Transfer from PS4 to XB1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Character Transfer from PS4 to XB1: I have a friend that i've pretty much converted from Playstation to Xbox. One question he has is are you able to transfer your online character from one console to the other....
  5. Leaving XB1, going back to PS4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Leaving XB1, going back to PS4: Well, I must say I dearly miss my PlayStation 4. I've never had to deal with so many issues on XB1. From hardware, to the lack of exclusive titles, to dealing with XBLPET (complete joke); the...
  6. would you move from ps4 to XB1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    would you move from ps4 to XB1?: I have both. Both are good systems. Graphic wise I don't see a big difference. Ryse is still the best looking game to date in my opinion. All the multiplats look pretty much the same as well. The...
  7. Any Ps4 to XB1 users?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any Ps4 to XB1 users?: just wanted to know if there any gamers that were with the PS4 and switched to XB1 and wanted to know your thoughts on the XB1. ive always owned a XB from the start but this Gen I picked PS4...
  8. New hardware revisions of XB1/PS4 coming soon?

in XBoX on Consoles
    New hardware revisions of XB1/PS4 coming soon?: [MEDIA] Maybe not wise to read too much into this source but this would likely be extremely bad news for early adopters if true and would end of fragmenting the user-base of the Xbox/PS, although...
  9. XB1 & PS4 owners

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 & PS4 owners: Hey everybody Happy Fourth of July!! I have a question my house was broken into and my TV , surround sound system and XB1 were all stolen, any way I got my insurance check and now I'm on the...
  10. Midnight download/Pre Order for PS4 but not XB1?!?!?!?!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Midnight download/Pre Order for PS4 but not XB1?!?!?!?!!: I heard PS4 users can pre order UFC and download it at midnight tonight. I just looked through my XB1 dashboard and can't find anywhere to pre-order the game??!?!?!?! Will I be able to download...