Psychonauts backward compatibility patch this year ruined the cutscenes. Please revert!

Discus and support Psychonauts backward compatibility patch this year ruined the cutscenes. Please revert! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Sometime between Feb and May this year, it appears Psychonauts (backward compatibility) was patched, causing cutscenes to render with the bottom... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JayWyeZee, Jul 25, 2021.

1. JayWyeZee
    JayWyeZee Guest

Psychonauts backward compatibility patch this year ruined the cutscenes. Please revert!

Sometime between Feb and May this year, it appears Psychonauts (backward compatibility) was patched, causing cutscenes to render with the bottom portion cut off, and therefore display in an incorrect aspect ratio.

Please fix this!

:)

JayWyeZee, Jul 25, 2021
  2. Jesse EF. Win User

Hello Jay, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

For in-game issue just as this it is best to reach out to the game developer's support for a better assistance.

You can send a ticket to Double Fine support here https://www.doublefine.com/games/psychonauts/su...

Hope this helps.

Jesse.
  3. CovertBike Win User

Update it xbox live

If it's not currently backwards-compatible with the 360, then it never will be I'm afraid. Microsoft stopped working on BC patches a couple of years ago
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Robotech

Microsoft stopped working on backwards compatability patches in late 2007.
  5. VernierSlake Win User

Robotech Invasion

If it's not backward compatible then it's not backward compatible and never will be as they stopped updating the emulator years ago. The only Robotech game that is backward compatible is Battlecry.
  6. IngameInstincts Win User

Simpsons hit and run has stopped working on Xbox 360

I doubt there will be a patch because they ended with the backward compatible games since 2007.
Thema:

1. Psychonauts backward compatibility patch this year ruined the cutscenes. Please revert! - Similar Threads - Psychonauts backward compatibility

2. psychonauts 1 bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    psychonauts 1 bug: when i'm in the bedroom for starting a save file in psychonauts on pc, everyone in the room is T-posing in place and i can't jump onto a bed to select a save file slot. Can anyone help me fix...
  3. Psychonauts 2 saves deleted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Psychonauts 2 saves deleted: I've played Psychonauts 2 for about 16 hours. Terrific game. But, today i received an 18 gb update for it on gamepass and all of my save files are gone. Is there anyway to recover them?...
  4. Psychonauts 2 Achievements Didn't Unlock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Psychonauts 2 Achievements Didn't Unlock: I have completed Psychonauts 2 but there are a few achievements that I only noticed after completing the game that didn't unlock even though I completed them. I have even gone back and tried to...
  5. Psychonauts crashes on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Psychonauts crashes on startup: Thats pretty much it. I can watch the opening scene but it encounters a fatal error when i hit new game. how can i fix this? 687f427f-bffb-4658-a272-b1c3afa9b59d
  6. Psychonauts 2 Quick Resume Broken

in XboX Insiders
    Psychonauts 2 Quick Resume Broken: Since the most recent beta update, when opening Psychonauts 2 from Quick Resume it has been crashing the console, forcing the console to auto restart. Sometimes after Quick Resume I am seeing a...
  7. Alpha skip ahead here, when i lunch psychonauts 2 I guess my HDR screw the image (too bright)

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead here, when i lunch psychonauts 2 I guess my HDR screw the image (too bright): Guys can someone have a suggestion? If I turn off the HDR the problem disappear but it's a really beautiful game to play with HDR Ps:launch :) submitted by /u/Raxelzu [link] [comments]
  8. Psychonauts 2 on PC game pass, save gone?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Psychonauts 2 on PC game pass, save gone?!: I'm posting this everywhere cause I can't find this issue anyway else and I need a solution. Been playing Psychonauts 2 though the PC gamepass for about 5 hours, this is my first time installing...
  9. Psychonauts 2 Major Visual Glitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Psychonauts 2 Major Visual Glitch: So, I just got Psychonauts 2 on XBox Game Pass, and it's glitching out like crazy, even at the main menu screen. There are just these columns of light that keep covering the screen, sometimes...
  10. Psychonauts 2 on PC gamepass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Psychonauts 2 on PC gamepass: I have Psychonauts 2 on PC gamepass and game should be already out for couple of hours, but I still could not launch game. I only get window with update success but that's it. Anybody have same...