Purchase game, won’t download, tells me I have to re-purchase

Discus and support Purchase game, won’t download, tells me I have to re-purchase in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a game. It was glinching. So I unistalled it. When I went to re-install it told me I had to purchase it again. I have the receipt of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Craig Farmhouse, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Purchase game, won’t download, tells me I have to re-purchase

I purchased a game. It was glinching. So I unistalled it. When I went to re-install it told me I had to purchase it again. I have the receipt of purchase. Any advice? Thanks.

:)

Craig Farmhouse, Jan 13, 2021
  2. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Xbox One Game Help

If 360 games are not compatible with xbox one then the option to re-purchase or download for free won`t even exist.

There simply won`t be any 360 games on the xbox one.

-

As far as the 360 goes,anything you have already purchased will always be there to download for free,for as long as microsoft support the 360.
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @Craig Farmhouse, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following
    steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. To check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  4. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Cod 4 achievements

Its your profile we are suggesting you re-download, not the game.

Deleting your save data won`t help at all.
  5. H3PA80R Win User

Being told I need to purchase a game in order to play it but it has already been purchased

If the game won´t show up in your purchase history you don´t own it. It has to show up as complete in your account. Check it in your browser first. If you made the purchase and it went though try to contact the support to take a look into it.
  6. Zachafinackus Win User

War Games Map Pass Won't Work

Now that I did that it is telling me to purchase the map pack, and I get re download it.. before i deleted it a message would pop up, Make sure you are connected to Xbox live and have the wargames map pass downloaded.
Thema:

1. Purchase game, won’t download, tells me I have to re-purchase - Similar Threads - Purchase game won’t

2. Purchased a game but haven’t received it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a game but haven’t received it: I purchased Hunt: Showdown yesterday, immediately after an error message popped up so I assumed I’d just wait until later to buy it. Went back an hour later only to find that the £35 had been...
  3. game purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game purchase: I did not receive a 25 digit passcode for my son's game that I just purchased. He can not access game without passcode. ae4b9957-99a9-4ab5-abd9-b4746504a7ec
  4. error with the purchase of xbox game pass ultimate for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    error with the purchase of xbox game pass ultimate for PC: I live in Paraguay and I understand that if it is available in my country and several of my friends already have the XboxGamePass for PC and I have already tried 5 times to try to buy the pass...
  5. Game purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game purchase: I have the ultimate game pass with Xbox 360 how ever I've seen Forza on store it has a -1 on it would it be right that I can play that game 4 free as I've got the game pass...
  6. Purchased games problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased games problem: Hello, I have a problem with my game not playing. I recently bought this game and i downloaded it remotely when i purchased it so it didnt give me a code in the receipt. I reset my console and i...
  7. Transferred games from xbox one s to xbox series x and it says i did not purchase game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferred games from xbox one s to xbox series x and it says i did not purchase game: Hi all, doing this for my son. Today we transferred games from his old xbox to his new xbox series x. The EA game (Battlefront II) and the add on transferred but when he goes to launch it on the...
  8. I pre ordered a game and it cancelled on me and it won’t let me purchase it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I pre ordered a game and it cancelled on me and it won’t let me purchase it again: Ma’am/Sir... I am in need of your assistance. I pre-ordered Call of Duty Cold War during the preceding time. The order was paid using XBox gift cards. The balance on my gift cards balance showed...
  9. Purchased Disc won’t launch game? Still asking me to purchase? CODMW

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Disc won’t launch game? Still asking me to purchase? CODMW: Hi purchased the CODMW hard disc at the store. I downloaded all the contnet to my xbox one (took hours) when i insert disc and launch the game it wont let me play? It says “purchase modern...
  10. Digitally purchased games won’t launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digitally purchased games won’t launch: I’ve bought several games on the Microsoft store and they have taken me ages to download since my internet connection is not the best. They finally finished yet give issues and either won’t start...