Purchase minecoins with parent microsoft account for child

Discus and support Purchase minecoins with parent microsoft account for child in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have $10 of microsoft rewards that would like to use to purchase mine coins for my child's Minecraft account. It does not seem like I can use... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by wendyASUS, Nov 22, 2020.

1. wendyASUS
    wendyASUS Guest

I have $10 of microsoft rewards that would like to use to purchase mine coins for my child's Minecraft account. It does not seem like I can use Microsoft rewards to transfer to my child's account. If I use them to buy the coins on my Microsoft account,
    can I somehow transfer the coins to my child's?

:)

wendyASUS, Nov 22, 2020
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing

Hi Troy,

Welcome to the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to try and help here.

So if I understand correctly, you are trying to add 10$ to your child's Microsoft Account to purchase Minecoins, is that correct? When exactly does that error occur?

I want to clarify that Minecoins are purchased in-game through the Minecraft Marketplace and are not purchasable through the Microsoft Store. You can only redeem codes for Minecoins in the Microsoft Store. What device does your child use to play Minecraft?
    I'm not entirely sure what payment options they give you in-game when trying to purchase Minecoins but if you log in to a Microsoft Account when playing Minecraft, the purchases you make in-game are saved to the account.

I suggest following the steps on the following page for an alternative to add money to your child's account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/4027024/microsoft-account-add-money-to-your-childs-account

I hope this helps!
  3. MarkCox9 Win User

PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing

I want to clarify that Minecoins are purchased in-game through the Minecraft Marketplace and are not purchasable through the Microsoft Store. You can only redeem codes for Minecoins in the Microsoft Store.

I suggest following the steps on the following page for an alternative to add money to your child's account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-my/help/4027024/microsoft-account-add-money-to-your-childs-account
    No, the Minecraft Store redirects the user to the Microsoft Store.

The parent gets the email request for permission from the Microsoft Store not the Minecraft Store.

Following the above steps I get this also error PUR-PrerequisiteProfileMissing regardless of whether I try and add money via a desktop browser or mobile phone browser.

This is for Minecraft on the PC & there is no avoiding the Microsoft Store which cannot cope with online payments.
  4. fredgiblet Win User

Your xbox account is not secure!!!!!!!!! Beware if u have kids!!!!!!!

Microsoft is obligated to do no such thing. If you have a child and you don't want them making purchases then give them a child account with parental controls enabled and use a passcode on your account.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Can't purchase free gold game. Your account is unable to make this type of purchase

Adult account can buy anything

Child accounts cannot make 360 purchases regardless of parental permissions from the web

You must use a 360 console if a child account or a parental account has to make the purchase
  6. LilPepple Win User

Minecraft not recognizing Microsoft balance

I have $10.87 in my Microsoft account. I try to buy $5.99 Minecoins through Minecraft on Xbox One and it sends it to my parent for permission. When my parent approves, it tells them they have to add money to my account.
Thema:

1. Purchase minecoins with parent microsoft account for child - Similar Threads - Purchase minecoins parent

2. Purchased Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, did not receive the 700 minecoins

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, did not receive the 700 minecoins: I purchased said game on my computer and I obtained everything that was included except for the 700 minecoins, and skinpack 1. 435e7ac2-b6e7-4d36-8770-4003b7469ec9
  3. Minecraft for Windows 10 Master Collection purchase missing Minecoins

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft for Windows 10 Master Collection purchase missing Minecoins: Hi I've gifted Minecraft for win 10 Master Collection from the microsoft store to my daughter, I then redeemed the code on her laptop and all the DLC is there however the 1000 minecoins are...
  4. Minecoin missing after purchase of Window 10 Starter Pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecoin missing after purchase of Window 10 Starter Pack: I have purchased Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Pack and 700 Minecoins are missing. I have tried restarting my PC - still no. I have no other devices where Minecraft/Microsoft account is logged in....
  5. Minecraft minecoins and purchases gone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft minecoins and purchases gone: I have Minecraft on the Nintendo Switch and purchased 4380 minecoins. I bought the toystory mashup through the marketplace and still had a lot of remainder of coins but now shows i have 0 and the...
  6. I have purchased 10$ worth of minecoins, spent it on ingame items and now they are gone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have purchased 10$ worth of minecoins, spent it on ingame items and now they are gone...: I spent 10 bucks on minecoins, bought. Some stuff with them and lost the coins and items later b9fcf00d-c572-48ae-9491-e42d8fc96c36
  7. Minecoins not appearing after purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecoins not appearing after purchase: I purchased two mine coin packs on windows 10 Minecraft and still have not received them nearly 24 hours later. I have scoured the internet looking for a solution and none of them have worked....
  8. Redeeming a gift card then purchasing minecoins.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeeming a gift card then purchasing minecoins.: We are new to XBOX, got it for Christmas, along with a few gift cards. The kids got a $15 card- I followed the instructions on the back to redeem it. Ok, so i think it logged the credit into his...
  9. Minecraft Minecoins - cannot purchase on child's device (PE edition)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Minecoins - cannot purchase on child's device (PE edition): I'm getting "Sorry, we cannot complete your purchase right now. Maybe check your internet connection?" Newsflash - it's NOT our internet connection. I have tried everything. I tried even signing...
  10. Minecraft = Unable to see purchases + all Minecoins are gone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft = Unable to see purchases + all Minecoins are gone.: Hello! First time poster here. Recently I've been having problems for Minecraft on the Nintendo Switch (on Mojang's support page, it does say to go to Xbox's support.) I have been unable to see...