Purchased Gift Cards will not Redeem - Regional

Discus and support Purchased Gift Cards will not Redeem - Regional in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I live in Canada and have a Canadian microsoft account that is linked to my xbox. Today I locally purchased 2 Xbox gift cards. When I tried to redeem... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JodyBird3, Apr 16, 2020.

1. JodyBird3
    JodyBird3 Guest

I live in Canada and have a Canadian microsoft account that is linked to my xbox. Today I locally purchased 2 Xbox gift cards. When I tried to redeem the code I get an error that states that the code is for another region which is weird because it is being
    sold locally so I would assume it should be for here.

Any thoughts from anyone??

:)

JodyBird3, Apr 16, 2020
  2. WailXBL Win User

Xbox one gift card

Xbox Gift Cards are region locked, so a card purchased in the US wouldnt be able to be redeemed in India.
  3. Pandy Yato Win User

Gift Card

As Zatomas said it can be used for anything though be mindful as well that gift cards or digital gifts can only be redeemed in the region they were purchased in.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Gift card with dollars on European account

Gift cards can only be used in the region they are made for. So the card might redeem, but it will still show as dollars, not Euros and you would only be able to make a purchase if you change the region of your account.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Redeeming Xbox Gift Cards from Different Regions

Gift cards are region locked and so is not possible to redeem them in a different region. Your friend will need to send you a gift card in your currency.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Euro Xbox Card Problem

Every gift card is region locked and only can be redeemed in that region
Thema:

1. Purchased Gift Cards will not Redeem - Regional - Similar Threads - Purchased Gift Cards

2. How to use gift card balance instead of credit card - family member purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use gift card balance instead of credit card - family member purchase: Hi all, I need help on using Xbox gift card for a child purchase. My teenager applied a new gift card to his family account. We could see the correct dollar balance there after he applied it. No...
  3. I bought a gift card made one small purchase now it tells me that I don't have money left...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I bought a gift card made one small purchase now it tells me that I don't have money left...: I bought a gift card of 50 dollars and redeemed it on Xbox enter code I made a purchase of 7 dollars now I try to go back to Microsoft store to buy some other things it tells me I don't have...
  4. Is there a way to gift people an Xbox gift Card (Purchased Using Microsoft points)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Is there a way to gift people an Xbox gift Card (Purchased Using Microsoft points): Hello all! I currently have 23,010 Microsoft rewards points. I'm trying to exchange it for a $25 Xbox gift card, but not for me. The description states, "Now when you redeem points for an Xbox...
  5. redeemed Gift Card /purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    redeemed Gift Card /purchase: Hi i redeemed a gift card and purchase on the wrong account is there a way to switch it? 88ac8dc0-4c3f-4867-a91c-09ec10747ac1
  6. Purchased $160 in xbox gift cards was double charged for $320

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Purchased $160 in xbox gift cards was double charged for $320: I made a series of purchases March 16th 2020. A batch of $25, $60, and $100 to add on to my purchase of promotional balance to buy an Xbox one x. The $25 was immediately completed and...
  7. Using gift cards and a credit card for a purchase

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Using gift cards and a credit card for a purchase: I have 2 gift cards on my account which I want to use before my actual credit card because the credit card should only pay for the tax on the purchase. How do I tell the system to do this?...
  8. MS rewards - can't purchase gift card

in XboX Insiders
    MS rewards - can't purchase gift card: I am trying to purchase a 10.00 gift card with my MS points while they're on sale. However.... Each time it looks to go through just fine until a minute later when I get an email stating that...
  9. Redeeming a gift card then purchasing minecoins.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeeming a gift card then purchasing minecoins.: We are new to XBOX, got it for Christmas, along with a few gift cards. The kids got a $15 card- I followed the instructions on the back to redeem it. Ok, so i think it logged the credit into his...
  10. Gift card has purchased ok but vbucks not showing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift card has purchased ok but vbucks not showing: Hi all I purchased vbucks last night for my sons xbox one for fortnite the purchase has been completed and is showing on the Microsoft account but the vbucks have not been credited to the account...