Purchased Xbox 360 games can't be re-downloaded after delisting

Discus and support Purchased Xbox 360 games can't be re-downloaded after delisting in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Help Desk, I purchased Driver: San Francisco for the Xbox 360, but now I can't re-download the game after replacing my hard drive. Ubisoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PsychoDaddyBear, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Purchased Xbox 360 games can't be re-downloaded after delisting

Dear Help Desk,

I purchased Driver: San Francisco for the Xbox 360, but now I can't re-download the game after replacing my hard drive. Ubisoft Customer Service advises me the problem is with the Microsoft online store. I cant get an answer from Microsoft customer service
    "chat" or from the online community. A Google search shows there are several Xbox 360 games and DLC that cannot be re-downloaded after purchasing.

a) Is this permanent for Driver: San Francisco, or did Microsoft break something during the delisting process, or during the recent Xbox One backwards compatability process?

b) Please confirm if the purchase price can be refunded or credited to my Microsoft account, according to Microsoft's Terms and Conditions of Sale.

Thanks,

Daddy Bear

(Xbox, Windows 10, and MS Office customer)

:)

PsychoDaddyBear, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

I've been Googling around, and can't find an official solution for this game. I see similar topics where some are saying they cannot re-download this game on the 360 and / or One.

https://old.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7r0540/driver_san_francisco_problem_with_backwards/

https://old.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7rh4lb/driver_san_francisco_still_cannot_download_get/

I also found one that says this issue is on Ubisoft's side (according to one of their community reps):

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthre...13eacc0f59&p=13269315&viewfull=1#post13269315

It looks like some have already suggested going through the Download History, which isn't working either because of some error. The only other suggestion I can think of at the moment is to see if you can download the game on an Xbox One (assuming you either
    have one, or know someone with one). Then again, that obviously won't help with re-downloading the game on your 360.

"NONE of my 100+ Xbox 360 games are listed."

For some reason, Microsoft stopped showing 360 games in "My Games" on Xbox.com. Just Xbox One and PC games. None of mine are there either.

You may have to call Xbox support (or Ubisoft support) instead of doing the chat. Hopefully they have an official answer for you instead of another run around.
  3. PsychoDaddyBear Win User

ADDENDUM:

Anyone searching the internet for a solution, please note:

At December 2019, Driver: San Francisco for the Xbox is completely unavailable for digital purchase or re-download. Backwards compatibility on the Xbox One is only available if you have the physical media for the Xbox 360. Also, it is important to note that
    purchasing downloadable content from the Xbox Marketplace only provides a licence to access the content; you don't own the content, and the licence can be withdrawn at any time.
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Seems the game was removed from every digital store not just Xbox for whatever reason. There is a petition to get Ubisoft to make the game available again which had around 70,000 signatures last time I looked. So I'd say you're not going to be able to download
    the game again no matter what you try, unless that petition succeeds which is unlikely but you never know.

EDIT

I popped onto the Uplay store which is Ubisofts own digital store and you can still buy the game there for PC only of course, could be with Ubisoft now having their own digital store they just removed the game from everywhere else.
  5. PsychoDaddyBear Win User

Hi XBF Eladio M.

Thank you for your response, but I have spent many hours and tried everything suggested.

Please provide a very simple yes/no answer to a very simple question:

Is Driver: San Francisco available for re-download to the Xbox 360 console?

Thanks,

Daddy Bear
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Bear

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about recovering some Xbox 360 games that are no longer available for purchase on the Xbox 360 Marketplace.

EggsBoxJuan & Xbox Forums Ambassadors

Ironwilled
    have provided you the method which you can use to download games you have previously purchased under your account. Keep in mind that if you do not see your games here, then you will be unable to download these games. Backward Compatibility is
    only for playing Xbox 360 games and Original Xbox games on an Xbox One or playing Original Xbox games on an Xbox 360.

Additionally, in regards to your additional question, I would like to refer you to the
    MICROSOFT TERMS OF SALE for further information about receiving a refund.

I'm sorry about any confusion or turmoil this might have caused.
Thema:

1. Purchased Xbox 360 games can't be re-downloaded after delisting - Similar Threads - Purchased 360 games

2. Can't purchase Xbox 360 games in Xbox Live Gold for the last 2 months in Russia

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase Xbox 360 games in Xbox Live Gold for the last 2 months in Russia: Xbox One games purchases fine, Xbox 360 isn't. This doesn't work on my Xbox device or website Xbox.com. Previously, there were no problems. So it became in the last 2 months. Help, pls )...
  3. Xbox 360 digitally purchased games list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 digitally purchased games list: Is there any way to see every digital Xbox 360 game purchase that was made by my account? Okay, I bought some Xbox 360's second hand recently and I want to download some of the digital Xbox 360...
  4. Purchased a 360 game off the Xbox one store and its saying I need the disk to play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a 360 game off the Xbox one store and its saying I need the disk to play.: Hello i recently bought a game from the Xbox one store and its saying that i need to insert the games disk or sign in to my Xbox Live account however since i bought it digitally i don't have the...
  5. An Xbox 360 game I purchased online doesn't launch on my console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An Xbox 360 game I purchased online doesn't launch on my console: I successfully purchased Modern Warfare 3 online, I did download it on my Xbox 360. And the game doesn't show up in (My games) section and it doesn't launch either. Please help. Thanks....
  6. Game purchased on xbox 360, not showing on xbox One (Life is strange). Everything checked,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game purchased on xbox 360, not showing on xbox One (Life is strange). Everything checked,...: Hi, I purchased the 4 non free episodes of the game Life is strange several months ago in my xbox 360. I got an Xbox One last week and all games I bought with the 360 are showing correctly in my...
  7. Now you can purchase the free 360 games on xbox one without the need of 360 console

in XboX Insiders
    Now you can purchase the free 360 games on xbox one without the need of 360 console: Rememeber when Ms made it hard for us to get the 360 games on GWG or when browsing the store it would ask you for your credit card? Saw a crackdown 1 and 2 and it didn't ask me for any credit...
  8. Glitch when trying to purchase XBOX 360 games and Xbox Original games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Glitch when trying to purchase XBOX 360 games and Xbox Original games: Cant purchase XBOX 360 games and or Xbox original games. Unable to change payment method. Can purchase XBOX one games fine. Even talked to support got a case number: 1505945033, and 150601613 I...
  9. xbox "marketplace" games and 360 purchase revert to old german address etc

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox "marketplace" games and 360 purchase revert to old german address etc: I have an xbox 1. I bought it in china. After I moved from Germany, where I had purchased a windows phone (long ago dead). Now I live in the US. My microsoft account is set up for US purchases....
  10. Xbox 360 games purchase difficulties

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 games purchase difficulties: I tried to go to multiple sites to find an answer and it has been impossible to find anything close so here I am. So I've been trying to buy a digital xbox 360 backward compatible game on my xbox...