Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription

Discus and support Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have purchased an XBox live subscription, setup the xbox as my home xbox. My child is a child registered under my account. He cannot use my xbox live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnnaBordon, Jul 31, 2019.

1. AnnaBordon
    AnnaBordon Guest

I have purchased an XBox live subscription, setup the xbox as my home xbox. My child is a child registered under my account. He cannot use my xbox live subscription on the same xbox. How do I get this working?

:)

AnnaBordon, Jul 31, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Be sure that his account is added onto the Xbox console:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Sign in and select your account to sign in.
    3. After you're signed in, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    4. Select System > Settings.
    5. Under Account, scroll right to the Family section. This section shows all the current members of your family.
    6. Select Add to family.
    7. Select Add New.
    8. Have the person you want to add sign in using their Microsoft account email address and password.
    9. When prompted, select Add to family.
    10. If the person you are adding is a child or teen, follow the instructions to provide parental consent.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello AnnaBordon,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your child is unable to use the Xbox Live Gold subscription that you purchased on your account, and you would like to share it with him. The Xbox One has a feature called

my home Xbox
    . This allows an account to share it's games, content and Xbox subscriptions to other accounts on the console. You will need to

download you profile
    to the Xbox One and set it up as the home console profile. The article we provided explains how to complete this process. Please make sure that your
    account is secure
    by choosing to ask for a passkey or lock it down after you download it. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Does your child have an account with their own email? If as you say, you have set your Xbox as Home Xbox, they should only need to sign in with their account, to benefit from your Live Gold
  5. {Parity} Win User

Make sure the account with the Gold subscription is set as the console's home Xbox.
  6. eG x Thee Elf Win User

xbox gold won't work when I put gift card code in

Angrybunny17,

A gift card and an Xbox live gold subscription are 2 different things. Currently, currency in your account cannot be used to purchase an Xbox Live Gold subscription. So you would either have to purchase a subscription card or purchase it directly on the
    website/Xbox.
Thema:

1. Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription - Similar Threads - Purchased Live Child

2. Purchasing Xbox live gold problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchasing Xbox live gold problem: when i try to purchase xbox live gold it doesnt work. I have purchased it before with no problem. When i try to buy it now i click on the monthy package i want and i get a message saying that...
  3. Xbox live Gold purchases

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live Gold purchases: I'm in UK and looking to buy 12 month Xbox live from an online reseller for family member, one is EU and the other is Global both different prices but support English language, can I purchase...
  4. Xbox live cannot be purchased

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live cannot be purchased: I keep getting the error below. Why? I would love to purchase xbox live but am unable to. App-ConversionUnavailable 5lqsosfBNU6uN7ON.0.0.23.9 2019/07/13 - 13:13:04 UTC...
  5. XBox live accounts are not recording end users purchases correctly in the last 24 hours

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox live accounts are not recording end users purchases correctly in the last 24 hours: XBox live accounts are not recording end users purchases correctly in the last 24 hours gamers are entering there purchases codes for games like world of tanks and they are not getting there...
  6. Blocking the possibility of online purchase for XBOX LIVE GOLD and XBOX GAME PASS

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blocking the possibility of online purchase for XBOX LIVE GOLD and XBOX GAME PASS: Hello, My name is Ruslan and I am an owner and constant user of XBox One S. I leave in Ukraine, but because XBox doesn't have an option to register accounts from Ukraine I chose Russia, beccause...
  7. Game purchased but not available on xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game purchased but not available on xbox live: I just purchased The Wither 2 on my computer using my account xbox live. The purchased is confirmed and I received the confirm by microsoft, but after I turned on my xbox 360 and the game was not...
  8. Games for Windows Live: Accessing Product Keys for Previous Purchases

in XBoX on Windows
    Games for Windows Live: Accessing Product Keys for Previous Purchases: Hello, I know this is a little late but I was trying to play Tinker and though I can get Games for Windows Live to download, it's asking me for my product key. While this was a free game, it did...
  9. XBox Live Gold purchase for child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Live Gold purchase for child account: How do you purchase an Xbox Live Gold subscrioption for a child account? I have tried twice now, logged with my son's account online and it has failed. I have followed the process as instructed by...
  10. Added child to my acct,, do I have to purchase another live gold acct 4 them?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Added child to my acct,, do I have to purchase another live gold acct 4 them?: I have an Xbox live gold account. We have 2 boys & just recently added another Xbox. I setup the Xbox, added a "child" as a "family member" on the original account that the boys shared. Now the...