Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription

Discus and support Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have purchased an XBox live subscription, setup the xbox as my home xbox. My child is a child registered under my account. He cannot use my xbox live... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnnaBordon, Jul 31, 2019.

1. AnnaBordon
    AnnaBordon Guest

I have purchased an XBox live subscription, setup the xbox as my home xbox. My child is a child registered under my account. He cannot use my xbox live subscription on the same xbox. How do I get this working?

:)

AnnaBordon, Jul 31, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Be sure that his account is added onto the Xbox console:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Sign in and select your account to sign in.
    3. After you're signed in, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    4. Select System > Settings.
    5. Under Account, scroll right to the Family section. This section shows all the current members of your family.
    6. Select Add to family.
    7. Select Add New.
    8. Have the person you want to add sign in using their Microsoft account email address and password.
    9. When prompted, select Add to family.
    10. If the person you are adding is a child or teen, follow the instructions to provide parental consent.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello AnnaBordon,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your child is unable to use the Xbox Live Gold subscription that you purchased on your account, and you would like to share it with him. The Xbox One has a feature called

my home Xbox
    . This allows an account to share it's games, content and Xbox subscriptions to other accounts on the console. You will need to

download you profile
    to the Xbox One and set it up as the home console profile. The article we provided explains how to complete this process. Please make sure that your
    account is secure
    by choosing to ask for a passkey or lock it down after you download it. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Does your child have an account with their own email? If as you say, you have set your Xbox as Home Xbox, they should only need to sign in with their account, to benefit from your Live Gold
  5. {Parity} Win User

Make sure the account with the Gold subscription is set as the console's home Xbox.
  6. HassanB Win User

Can't upgrade account to gold

Unfortunately "child" accounts cannot purchase anything on XBOX Live. You would need to wait until the age of 18 and that is when you can promote your child account to an adult account. You will then be able to purchase with a credit/debit card over XBOX
    Live. Until then you'd have to purchase subscription cards and points cards for the things that you'd like to buy from retail stores.
Thema:

1. Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription - Similar Threads - Purchased Live Child

2. Xbox Live gold Purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live gold Purchase: Just a question about the xbox live gold purchase im on Xbox One and I want to install the game with gold xbox 360 game thats in the game with gold subscrition. after I click on Install it...
  3. Supporting Games for Windows Live purchases on the Windows Store

in XboX Insiders
    Supporting Games for Windows Live purchases on the Windows Store: Since the Store now allows for Win32 applications, and the GFWL Marketplace still won't allow anyone to access or download their owned content (this has been a problem for a very long time now),...
  4. purchased a xbox live card and needed a gaming card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    purchased a xbox live card and needed a gaming card: how can i exchange xbox live for xbox gaming card 958df291-a51e-4abd-aeb2-79c70330e3c1
  5. Games purchased during Xbox Live subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games purchased during Xbox Live subscription: Hi, Can someone please let me know what happens with games purchased whilst Xbox Live subscription was active but then that subscription play them but just don't get multiplayer? Also as a free...
  6. Jogos Comprados na Xbox Live Sumiram[Translation-Games Purchased on Xbox Live Sumiram]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jogos Comprados na Xbox Live Sumiram[Translation-Games Purchased on Xbox Live Sumiram]: Há algum tempo, comprei alguns jogos na Xbox Live (lembrando que foi comprado pelo Xbox 360), porém esses jogos não aparecem mais em lugar algum e não há opção de baixá-los novamente gratuitamente...
  7. Problem z kupieniem Xbox live gold [Xbox live gold purchase problem]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem z kupieniem Xbox live gold [Xbox live gold purchase problem]: Witam. Mam problem z kupienie xbox live gold kupilem synowi karte przedpłaconom i wpłacił sobie na konto Microsoft i nie można nic kupić Pisze że jest potrzebna zgoda rodzica . A jak się...
  8. purchase a game in the xbox live but not on your device

in XBoX Games and Apps
    purchase a game in the xbox live but not on your device: I'm wondering, because i find one game is 50%off on the xbox store but I'm not going back home before the expiration of the discount. The problem is that I remove the electrical outlet of my xbox,...
  9. XBox Live Gold purchase for child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Live Gold purchase for child account: How do you purchase an Xbox Live Gold subscrioption for a child account? I have tried twice now, logged with my son's account online and it has failed. I have followed the process as instructed by...
  10. Added child to my acct,, do I have to purchase another live gold acct 4 them?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Added child to my acct,, do I have to purchase another live gold acct 4 them?: I have an Xbox live gold account. We have 2 boys & just recently added another Xbox. I setup the Xbox, added a "child" as a "family member" on the original account that the boys shared. Now the...