Purchases are to easy to make

Discus and support Purchases are to easy to make in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi As many other fathers I registered a xbox live account in my name for him to use on xbox when he he was too young to have an own. Nowadays many... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ReasonedTree5, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Purchases are to easy to make

Hi

As many other fathers I registered a xbox live account in my name for him to use on xbox when he he was too young to have an own. Nowadays many games have in game stores and it is too easy to make a purchases that are ridiculously expensive! In order to
    access his gamertag he needs to use the passkey to log in. The problem is that the same pass key is used to make a purchase.

How do I make it more difficult for him to buy anything without my approval? At telephone support (when making refund on a purchase made just like this) they told me that I can activate that a email comes to me every time a purchase is being attempted and
    I need to approve. But that requires him having an other MS account and being a child member in the family group? If I make him a family member with a different microsoft account I can't transfer the gamertag to his account, right?

Can I somehow let my son to inherit the xbox live account that he has been using on my microsoft account, able to login to the account by himself, but still make sure that he can't purchase anything by mistake?

Or can I make my hotmail-account a child account, change the email adress and my name to my sons? Then create a new account for myself that can be the adult account in the family group? Can the 365 office linked to my account be transferred or be started
    on a new account without the "sharings" being interrupted?

:)

ReasonedTree5, Aug 21, 2019
  2. ReasonedTree5 Win User

if you set the account to log in automatically (so it doesn't require a password) you can then set up a Pass Key (that your Son doesn't know) that is required for making purchases.

the following link should have all the information you need

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/create-xbox-one-passkey
    Thanks! I'm trying this! Hadn't found that option before, that you could deactivate passkey for logging in.
  3. AridLizard Win User

4. Biggshow Win User

I believe this link might help you https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ety-and-privacy-settings-for-parents-and-kids <3
    I would suggest you make your child their own account and make it so your account login info is the only one able to buy form the store. There should also be the ability, if the account in question is set to a child account, to stop these purchases. This
    link posted by Golden Subz should have all the info you need to set up the account.
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

You could put a passkey on the current account.

How to require a passkey for purchases

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Account.
    3. Select Sign-in, security & passkey.
    4. Select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
    5. Scroll right and select Customize.
    6. Scroll right and select Ask for my passkey to make purchases.
    A passkey is now required to make purchases on your account. To turn this feature off, repeat these steps and select Passkey not required.
  6. choppyseize Win User

You can change the primary email associated with the account but you can't transfer data. The other issue is that it's already labeled as an "adult" account. You may be better off just creating an entirely new profile and starting from scratch.
Thema:

1. Purchases are to easy to make - Similar Threads - Purchases are easy

2. Purchasing Premium Deluxe version of MSFS 2020

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchasing Premium Deluxe version of MSFS 2020: In the Microsoft Store, I can purchase the PD version of MSFS 2020 for either $119.99 or for $95.99* - the asterisk denotes "with Xbox Game Pass for PC". I currently have a Game Pass for PC...
  3. probleme achat sur xboxlive[Translation-purchase problem on xboxlive]

in XBoX on Consoles
    probleme achat sur xboxlive[Translation-purchase problem on xboxlive]: Petit soucis j'ai acheter une carte cadeau , le montant est dans mon compte mais quand je veut acheter quelque chose sur le store il ne m'affiche qu'une somme . j'ai 200R$ mais le store ne...
  4. Compra[Translation-Purchase]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Compra[Translation-Purchase]: Tenho 100 reais de saldo na conta Microsoft, mas quando vou comprar Vbucks no Fortnite só aparece 10 reais, porque isso? [Translation-I have 100 reais of balance in the Microsoft account, but...
  5. I can't purchase V bucks on fortnite with my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't purchase V bucks on fortnite with my microsoft account: I am trying to buy v bucks on fortnite with my microsoft account but everytime I try it brings me to payment options and it shows me a lower balance on my microsoft account but if I look up my...
  6. Purchase denied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchase denied: Hi all, I can't purchase nothing in mfs2020 in game shop, I click on buy and install and an error appears in notifications area. I have no problem with credit card, how can solve? Thanks have a...
  7. Trying to purchase game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to purchase game: Trying to purchase game and it won't accept my pay ment fe3eafad-2138-4b44-a0d3-14c505a0d80b
  8. Game unable to be purchased from Xbox marketplace.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game unable to be purchased from Xbox marketplace.: I have been trying to purchase "Left 4 Dead 2" on the Xbox marketplace, but this is what I see when I look through different devices. Mobile - When I look up "Left 4 Dead" on the mobile Xbox app...
  9. I accidentally cleared all my messages (easy to do) is it possible to get a pre-purchase code ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I accidentally cleared all my messages (easy to do) is it possible to get a pre-purchase code ...: I purchased the new Deus Ex as preorder and I accidentaly cleared my messages a few weeks bac Can I get a code resent or am I out of luck? :¬) as below "For a limited time, purchase Deus Ex:...
  10. I accidentaly cleared all my messages (easy to do) can I get a pre-purchase code resent?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentaly cleared all my messages (easy to do) can I get a pre-purchase code resent?: I purchased the new Deus Ex as preorder and I accidentaly cleared my messages a few weeks back can I get a code resetn or am I out of luck? :¬) as below "For a limited time, purchase Deus Ex:...