Purchases are to easy to make

Discus and support Purchases are to easy to make in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi As many other fathers I registered a xbox live account in my name for him to use on xbox when he he was too young to have an own. Nowadays many... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ReasonedTree5, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Purchases are to easy to make

Hi

As many other fathers I registered a xbox live account in my name for him to use on xbox when he he was too young to have an own. Nowadays many games have in game stores and it is too easy to make a purchases that are ridiculously expensive! In order to
    access his gamertag he needs to use the passkey to log in. The problem is that the same pass key is used to make a purchase.

How do I make it more difficult for him to buy anything without my approval? At telephone support (when making refund on a purchase made just like this) they told me that I can activate that a email comes to me every time a purchase is being attempted and
    I need to approve. But that requires him having an other MS account and being a child member in the family group? If I make him a family member with a different microsoft account I can't transfer the gamertag to his account, right?

Can I somehow let my son to inherit the xbox live account that he has been using on my microsoft account, able to login to the account by himself, but still make sure that he can't purchase anything by mistake?

Or can I make my hotmail-account a child account, change the email adress and my name to my sons? Then create a new account for myself that can be the adult account in the family group? Can the 365 office linked to my account be transferred or be started
    on a new account without the "sharings" being interrupted?

:)

ReasonedTree5, Aug 21, 2019
  2. ReasonedTree5 Win User

if you set the account to log in automatically (so it doesn't require a password) you can then set up a Pass Key (that your Son doesn't know) that is required for making purchases.

the following link should have all the information you need

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/create-xbox-one-passkey
    Thanks! I'm trying this! Hadn't found that option before, that you could deactivate passkey for logging in.
  3. AridLizard Win User

4. Biggshow Win User

I believe this link might help you https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ety-and-privacy-settings-for-parents-and-kids <3
    I would suggest you make your child their own account and make it so your account login info is the only one able to buy form the store. There should also be the ability, if the account in question is set to a child account, to stop these purchases. This
    link posted by Golden Subz should have all the info you need to set up the account.
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

You could put a passkey on the current account.

How to require a passkey for purchases

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Account.
    3. Select Sign-in, security & passkey.
    4. Select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
    5. Scroll right and select Customize.
    6. Scroll right and select Ask for my passkey to make purchases.
    A passkey is now required to make purchases on your account. To turn this feature off, repeat these steps and select Passkey not required.
  6. choppyseize Win User

You can change the primary email associated with the account but you can't transfer data. The other issue is that it's already labeled as an "adult" account. You may be better off just creating an entirely new profile and starting from scratch.
Thema:

1. Purchases are to easy to make - Similar Threads - Purchases are easy

2. Games not installing after purchase

in XboX Insiders
    Games not installing after purchase: Hi, I have this issue from a long time now and it seems it's only me as I haven't see anyone else reporting it. I usually buy games at the Microsoft Store using my laptop rather than the one in...
  3. Spotify code still not received, long after purchasing Games Pass for Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Spotify code still not received, long after purchasing Games Pass for Windows: Hi, I see other people asking about this but a lot of people seemed to respond that it will be sent 'within 10 business days'. I understand that. For me it's been almost a month, how do I contact...
  4. No Spotify Premium code after purchasing Xbox Game Pass for PC

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No Spotify Premium code after purchasing Xbox Game Pass for PC: I have purchased the Xbox Game Pass for PC as part of a deal with 6 months of Spotify Premium. I have waited for a week for some sort of code to be emailed to me but that has yet to happen. Please...
  5. Unauthorized purchases on my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unauthorized purchases on my account: Earlier this year, someone got unauthorized access of my account and gifted several digital purchases to their account (which I know the email that is linked to it now). I have tried speaking to...
  6. Purchased Fallen order through Microsoft account on PC, won't install

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased Fallen order through Microsoft account on PC, won't install: The following message appears in a white box, with the install now button faded out so it can't be clicked "Pick where you want to install It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s)...
  7. I upgraded Windows, downloaded Xbox app for PC, purchased gamepass, still low performance...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I upgraded Windows, downloaded Xbox app for PC, purchased gamepass, still low performance...: I upgraded Windows, downloaded Xbox app for PC, purchased gamepass, still low performance on game - cannot play. I tried Forza and Disney - they both lag and have poor performance. If I cannot...
  8. Microsoft Store satın alma hatası[Microsoft Store purchase error]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store satın alma hatası[Microsoft Store purchase error]: Merhabalar; oyun içi satın alım yapmak istiyorum, ödeme yöntemi olarak önce banka hesap kartı ekledim ancak satın alma yapılamadı hizmet sağlayıcınızla görüşün hatası verdi. Bankayı aradım...
  9. I accidentally cleared all my messages (easy to do) is it possible to get a pre-purchase code ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I accidentally cleared all my messages (easy to do) is it possible to get a pre-purchase code ...: I purchased the new Deus Ex as preorder and I accidentaly cleared my messages a few weeks bac Can I get a code resent or am I out of luck? :¬) as below "For a limited time, purchase Deus Ex:...
  10. I accidentaly cleared all my messages (easy to do) can I get a pre-purchase code resent?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentaly cleared all my messages (easy to do) can I get a pre-purchase code resent?: I purchased the new Deus Ex as preorder and I accidentaly cleared my messages a few weeks back can I get a code resetn or am I out of luck? :¬) as below "For a limited time, purchase Deus Ex:...