Purchases by child

Discus and support Purchases by child in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. I have discovered that my daughter who is 8 yrs old has made 20 purchases on her x box for fortnite v bucks totalling nearly £500. She has done... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IsabelleBlackhurst, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Purchases by child

Hi.

I have discovered that my daughter who is 8 yrs old has made 20 purchases on her x box for fortnite v bucks totalling nearly £500. She has done this by making payment by having it added to my phone bill which I have only just discovered yesterday.

I submitted a refund request to microsoft and they have refunded 10 of the purchases. These are ones which were made in the last 14 days. They say the other 10 cannot be seen on the account however I can see them on there under the orders section.

I am presuming they will not refund as it has gone past the 14 day deadline.

Does anyone know if I am still able to get these refunded as I cannot afford £250 extra on my bill. My daughter has been educated on this matter and it will never happen again however i need to resolve this issue quickly.

Thankyou in advance

:)

IsabelleBlackhurst, Aug 30, 2019
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Child purchases

You can't change a child account into adult. It gets updated automatically from the servers
  3. feffreyfeffrey Win User

Child purchase

Be sure to double check the account settings and age on his account to be sure.

Sometimes you have to reselect things for tgem to register if that doesn't work you can buy items as gifts and send them to his account
  4. ashley ohare Win User

Child purchase

He is 13. I have twin boys and my other child had no issues. Both accounts are set up the same 🤷��‍♂️
  5. IsabelleBlackhurst Win User

Purchases by child

I can see them in MS billing history and also same corresponding order numbers on my phone bill.

Microsoft have refunded all purchases from past 14 days but say there are no others on the account. They are clear to see but I think they are referring to just the ones eligible for a refund from last 14 days
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Purchases by child

While I can't directly help with the refund, as we in this forum here are "only" gamers like you or your daughter and not actual Microsoft Xbox employees, I'd like to make you aware of a few settings on the console and your and your daughter's accounts to
    prevent unauthorized purchases in the future.

First of all: Make sure that you did NOT set up your own adult account to be used by your daughter. You as a parent should have your own adult account, and your daughter should have her own child account (the difference between adult and child account is
    determined by the birthdate you enter during account creation and can't be changed afterwards).

When you have created a child account, you can add that child account to your parent account by signing in with your parent account at
    https://account.microsoft.com/family and adding your daughter's child account to your family.

That way you can set up certain restrictions that limit what your child is (not) allowed to do on Xbox Live.

Also follow the
    instructions on this website to prevent unauthorized purchases in the future

As for help on your refunds: You should find all purchases being made on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders with the appropriate order number. This should
    help the support find the purchases that still need to be refunded.

I'll cross my fingers that this issue gets resolved for you, and that you can set up your and your daughter's account to prevent unauthorized purchases in the future.
Thema:

Purchases by child

1. Purchases by child - Similar Threads - Purchases child

2. Child account unable to make any in game purchases

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Child account unable to make any in game purchases: What it says on the tin, regardless of what I do in settings, my son is unable to make purchases from within games. Seems to be able to do so via the store, but these addons are not available...
  3. Child account purchasing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account purchasing: I'm trying to purchase a game for my child on his child account: https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Star-Wars-Battlefront-II/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80242560837 I want the purchase to...
  4. Purchase online game on child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchase online game on child account: I have just set my daughter up with an xbox account and tried to purchase an xbox 360 backwards compatible game on her account for her (Lego Star Wars) but I am receiving a message saying your...
  5. Purchase history child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchase history child account: Hello. I’m the dad with the main xbox live account. I have three sons that have purchased the license to some of the same games so they can play them on a second xbox. For example....i have...
  6. Minecraft Minecoins - cannot purchase on child's device (PE edition)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Minecoins - cannot purchase on child's device (PE edition): I'm getting "Sorry, we cannot complete your purchase right now. Maybe check your internet connection?" Newsflash - it's NOT our internet connection. I have tried everything. I tried even signing...
  7. Games purchased on parent account not showing in child's profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Games purchased on parent account not showing in child's profile: Hi, I have downloaded a number of games for my son's xbox but they don't show up on his profile. I want to use the family settings to monitor screen time etc but, at the moment, he can't access...
  8. Purchased Games on Child's Xbox Account

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased Games on Child's Xbox Account: I recently bought a game (Sea of Thieves for PC) for my son who has a child account due to his age. I was signed in under my Windows account but HIS Xbox account. As long as I am signed in to...
  9. Child purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child purchase: Hi am hoping somebody can help! my child is on my family account and he recently was given microsoft store gift cards from friends. His account is set up so he can spend money in his account....
  10. Child Purchases on Xbox Family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child Purchases on Xbox Family: I have Family accounts setup for myself and 2 kids, and purchases made from my account are shared and working fine, can the same be done from a child account? my son has a £20 xbox gift card and...