Purchases by child

Discus and support Purchases by child in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. I have discovered that my daughter who is 8 yrs old has made 20 purchases on her x box for fortnite v bucks totalling nearly £500. She has done... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IsabelleBlackhurst, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Purchases by child

Hi.

I have discovered that my daughter who is 8 yrs old has made 20 purchases on her x box for fortnite v bucks totalling nearly £500. She has done this by making payment by having it added to my phone bill which I have only just discovered yesterday.

I submitted a refund request to microsoft and they have refunded 10 of the purchases. These are ones which were made in the last 14 days. They say the other 10 cannot be seen on the account however I can see them on there under the orders section.

I am presuming they will not refund as it has gone past the 14 day deadline.

Does anyone know if I am still able to get these refunded as I cannot afford £250 extra on my bill. My daughter has been educated on this matter and it will never happen again however i need to resolve this issue quickly.

Thankyou in advance

:)

IsabelleBlackhurst, Aug 30, 2019
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Child purchases

You can't change a child account into adult. It gets updated automatically from the servers
  3. IsabelleBlackhurst Win User

Purchases by child

I can see them in MS billing history and also same corresponding order numbers on my phone bill.

Microsoft have refunded all purchases from past 14 days but say there are no others on the account. They are clear to see but I think they are referring to just the ones eligible for a refund from last 14 days
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Purchases by child

While I can't directly help with the refund, as we in this forum here are "only" gamers like you or your daughter and not actual Microsoft Xbox employees, I'd like to make you aware of a few settings on the console and your and your daughter's accounts to
    prevent unauthorized purchases in the future.

First of all: Make sure that you did NOT set up your own adult account to be used by your daughter. You as a parent should have your own adult account, and your daughter should have her own child account (the difference between adult and child account is
    determined by the birthdate you enter during account creation and can't be changed afterwards).

When you have created a child account, you can add that child account to your parent account by signing in with your parent account at
    https://account.microsoft.com/family and adding your daughter's child account to your family.

That way you can set up certain restrictions that limit what your child is (not) allowed to do on Xbox Live.

Also follow the
    instructions on this website to prevent unauthorized purchases in the future

As for help on your refunds: You should find all purchases being made on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders with the appropriate order number. This should
    help the support find the purchases that still need to be refunded.

I'll cross my fingers that this issue gets resolved for you, and that you can set up your and your daughter's account to prevent unauthorized purchases in the future.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

Purchases by child

When you say you see them on your account do you mean you see them on your phone bill? or in your MS billing history by going to account.microsoft.com
  6. Swift Oldboy Win User

Purchases by child

Thema:

Purchases by child

1. Purchases by child - Similar Threads - Purchases child

2. Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased xbox Live but Child cannot use xBox live Subscription: I have purchased an XBox live subscription, setup the xbox as my home xbox. My child is a child registered under my account. He cannot use my xbox live subscription on the same xbox. How do I get...
  3. Child needs parent permission to purchase

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child needs parent permission to purchase: I cannot find Content Restrictions 8d3567c4-5e4e-45ca-9316-d8adb0ddffdf
  4. keeping a child or person from making unautherized purchases on xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    keeping a child or person from making unautherized purchases on xbox one: I need help or suggestions on the security of keeping people from making an unautherized purchase in the xbox live marketplace. I live with some friends that has two kids and one likes playing on...
  5. Transfer a purchase into a child's account on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer a purchase into a child's account on Xbox One S: I purchased a game DLC using my account. I now want to transfer it to my child's account. I have followed the steps here https://support.xbox.com/en-WW/xbox-live/download-content but I do not get...
  6. Transferring a purchased minecraft license to a family member / child

in XBoX on Windows
    Transferring a purchased minecraft license to a family member / child: Hello together, how can I Transfer a purchased minecraft license to a family member / child? Thanks in advance for your help. d52bc120-bffc-42c3-b09a-038a58e3e46a
  7. XBOX - Cannot allow child purchases.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX - Cannot allow child purchases.: My sons account has more than enough money to buy the purchase but it keeps telling me to add more? [img] When I click allow I get [img] Why can't I allow this? Cheers, Leon....
  8. Child game content and purchases on my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child game content and purchases on my account: My child has played on my account and has made some game feature purchases using my account rather than his child account. Now he does not want to play on his account because of losing his...
  9. Child purchases

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child purchases: I'm trying to figure out how to allow my child to make purchases. I have followed all of the correct steps in settings and privacy, making him an adult and allowing him to make purchases without...
  10. FIFA Points: Purchase without understanding by child...Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FIFA Points: Purchase without understanding by child...Help!: Dear Microsoft, My 14 year old son has purchased a range of Xbox related points for FIFA games. He did this without understanding that there were costs involved and I would like to get a refund on...