Purchasing a game on sale, with a code and pay the rest from my card

Discus and support Purchasing a game on sale, with a code and pay the rest from my card in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hello, I have my eye on a game. The game is currently on sale for £44.99. Someone sent me a gift voucher of £20. How do I use this code of £20 and... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by SaladDodger7070, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Purchasing a game on sale, with a code and pay the rest from my card

Hello,

I have my eye on a game. The game is currently on sale for £44.99.

Someone sent me a gift voucher of £20.

How do I use this code of £20 and pay the remanding £24.99 on my personal bank card?

Thanks!

B

:)

SaladDodger7070, Jan 5, 2019
  2. brandiesel1 Win User

When on your console go to the store. On the main screen you'll see a small box that says "redeem code" or use code. Enter the code.

After the money is added to your account, it'll use the money and ask you to confirm the balance from your card on file. Easy peasy.
  3. LesterSludge Win User

Can't use Microsoft Account Balance to change Gamertag?

I just experienced this issue, having redeemed a $10 Xbox digital gift card from Microsoft Rewards.

I was trying to make the purchase through the web, and the dialog that came up asked how I wanted to pay for the rest. Unfortunately, it did not say how much the rest was, so I did not know whether the rest was $9.99 (i.e., my credit cannot be used and
    sales tax is not charged), $10.61 (i.e., my credit cannot be used and sales tax is charged), or $0.61 (i.e., my credit can be used and sales tax is charged).

I contacted Xbox Live Support, and the representative thought it might be sales tax but was unsure.

We were able to determine that sales tax *is* charged, so the problem was simply that I did not have enough credit.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Question on payment method!

That is an older thread. When purchasing from the console choose to pay with currency first and you will be asked to cover the rest with your credit card.
  5. AridLizard Win User

How to combine two Xbox gift cards for one purchase

redeem the gift card codes in store first then choose to pay from your account balance when purchasing the game
  6. Smwutches Win User

Split payments on Xbox one

Start the purchase with your Microsoft account balance. If there are not enough funds to complete the purchase it will ask how you want to pay the rest and then you would use a credit card/Paypal to pay the remaining balance.
Thema:

1. Purchasing a game on sale, with a code and pay the rest from my card - Similar Threads - Purchasing game sale

2. Trouble purchasing Xbox One games on Spring Sale.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trouble purchasing Xbox One games on Spring Sale.: Receiving following message "We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Contact us at Microsoft support " ANY IDEA what might be the issue? Tried already...
  3. Game sale after purchase

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Game sale after purchase: I bought a game then it went on sale less then a few days later can i get a refund on the difference even if I'm not technically eligible anymore.(played more than 2 hours)...
  4. Game went on sale after purchasing at full price.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Game went on sale after purchasing at full price.: I recently bought Forza Horizon 3, (exactly 1 week ago) and i saw it go on sale with gold 4 days after the purchase. I was wondering if there is a way to get a price change or a chargeback to the...
  5. Can`t download games purchased on sale

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can`t download games purchased on sale: I have a problem with the games I bought on the sale. I can not download more than 70% and run my games for Xbox 360 Lost Planet CE and Prey. For a long time I was going to buy these games and I...
  6. ME2 & ME3 DLC Sale, But Can't Purchase Either Game....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ME2 & ME3 DLC Sale, But Can't Purchase Either Game....: Much of the DLC for ME 2 & ME3 are on sale starting today, but you still can purchase the games as digital downloads. This is despite the fact that you can download them if you have EA Access, so...
  7. Some Backwards Compatible Games purchased on the last Backwards Compatible Sale not loading ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some Backwards Compatible Games purchased on the last Backwards Compatible Sale not loading ...: You guys remember the HUGE Backwards Compatible sale like a month or so ago? Tons of good games on sale! I have an xbox 360 and 2 of those game that I purchased on sale were Earthworm Jim HD and...
  8. Purchased digital copy, only to have it go on sale via Games with Gold next day. Is it ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased digital copy, only to have it go on sale via Games with Gold next day. Is it ...: i just bought Diablo III only to see just now that it will be 50% off via Games with Gold. Is it possible to get the difference refunded? a1dcd0b2-c5d4-49fa-9e62-f1fdfd9e5e03
  9. Purchased a game a week before it went on sale

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a game a week before it went on sale: Im 99% sure that the answer will be no, but I purchased easports UFC on the 4th, and it went on sale this week. I was wondering if there was any way to get the money I could've saved back?...
  10. Xbox Live down during Monday's sale- unable to purchase games during the sale.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live down during Monday's sale- unable to purchase games during the sale.: I tried in vain for so long to get signed in so that I could take advantage of the sale price on Skyrim, but because Live was down, I couldn't purchase it. Now I've called Xbox support but they...