: Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray

Discus and support : Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray Encountering an audio issue when using the Blu-Ray app on Xbox One X to play UHD or... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by rept0n, May 29, 2020.

1. rept0n
    rept0n Guest

Encountering an audio issue when using the Blu-Ray app on Xbox One X to play UHD or HD Blu-Rays.

Video is perfect, and audio starts, but randomly cuts out for a few seconds, then comes back for a random amount of time before cutting out again. This happens across the handful of 4K and HD titles I've tried. All other audio from the Xbox One X (games, Spotify,
    Netflix) works fine without issue

• Xbox One X is connected to the QE65Q800T via a brand new HDMI 2.1 cable in port 4
    • I've tried different cables, and different ports - the problem stays with this device
    • Taking the same HD Blu-Ray and playing on a Playstation 4 connected to the same Q800T works fine without issue (regardless of cable or port).

Had not had an issue with Xbox One X audio playback before switching to this TV (previously plugged into a soundbar with ARC to the TV for video). I'd ideally like to be able to go Xbox One X to Q800T (and either do away with the Soundbar, or upgrade to one
    that supports eARC)

Any thoughts?

:)

rept0n, May 29, 2020
  2. XNG GAMING Win User

hello,the xbox one x does not support the hdmi 2.1 I suggest you leave the 2.0 that was provided with the console,then on your tv player try to desactivate the smart mode and disable the mode hdmi eARC in a second time
  3. Prince-Nicks Win User

Xbox One X 4k player Issues on TCL 55P6US

Im playing from the 4k uhd player in the xbox one x

The blu ray player is up to date yeah
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox cdrom or whatever people call it

Its a dvd
    Nope, not quite right.

Original Xbox - DVD

Xbox 360 - DVD (or more specifically, DVD-9).

Xbox One - Blu-ray

Xbox One S and X - UHD Blu-ray drive, but games still on standard Blu-ray.

Scarlet will have a UHD BD drive so that can still play all formats of movie discs. Likely that games will be on 100GB discs.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one s can play 4k Utra hd blu Ray dise ?

Hi

Yes it can play UHD Blu Ray discs please see this link below.

www.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-s

4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and Streaming
    With four times the resolution of standard HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-ray movies in stunning
    visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

up scale standard blu ray?

"Ultra HD" Blu-Rays will play in 4K. Standard Blu-Rays will play in 1080p.

The Xbox One S will only output to the highest resolution offered by the Blu-Ray disc it plays.

I suppose this design choice was in mind because 4K/UHD-TVs already process and upscale a lower resolution image to "cleanly" use all of the 3840x2160 pixels, so it's not putting unnecessary load on the Xbox One S CPU.
Thema:

1. : Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray - Similar Threads - Q800T audio dropout

2. No Game Audio through wired headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Game Audio through wired headphones: So i just got my Xbox about a year ago, whenever I would play before I would be able to change the setting where I could hear just the party I was in or hear both the game and the party. But now...
  3. How to do I change balance audio?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to do I change balance audio?: So I'm trying to stream through my pc (looking at my xbox through my pc) but when I start something up like Ark Or Fortnite the music is loud as heck. Sidenote I'm using the turtle beach stealth...
  4. Problem in game audio after last insider console update.

in XboX Insiders
    Problem in game audio after last insider console update.: Recently, most especify, after the last Insider update on my Xbox One S ( I am a Preview Alpha ), I have a lot of problens in game sounds. Basically, I am playing and from nowhere, the sound get...
  5. Massive Atmos Audio Delay On Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Massive Atmos Audio Delay On Xbox One X: My setup is a Samsung Q95T with a Sonos ARC soundbar. My Xbox One X is plugged straight into my TV's Game HDMI port. The Sonos Soundbar is plugged into my TV's eARC port. On my Xbox sound...
  6. Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Audio And Mic Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Audio And Mic Problems: So, I just got my brand new Turtle Beach Stealth 600, and I tested it with my friends but they couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them. I messed around with the chat mixer and increased my...
  7. Question To Those Experiencing Issues With Audio Cutouts

in XboX Insiders
    Question To Those Experiencing Issues With Audio Cutouts: Of those experiencing the cutouts how many of you are using external ssds/hdds? I played a game installed internally for about 6 hours and had no audio cutouts hopped onto one of my games stored...
  8. BUG: Audio levels and balance are off

in XboX Insiders
    BUG: Audio levels and balance are off: I've been having this issue for what seems like the last month or two: Xbox One S, OS Version 10.0.19041.3068. My OneGuide and game audio levels are just... off. Stuff like dialogue is always...
  9. No audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio: Hello So i have been having problems with Audio It says my headset is conncted and i see my mic moving and hear the buzz but no sound i have tested my headset on other devices and it works...
  10. DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless

in XboX Insiders
    DTS X loss of HDMI Audio - no audio through speakers, only A20 Wireless: Anyone loosing HDMI audio more often since starting the DTS beta? No audio coming out my receiver, just headphone audio. Tried toggling between Auto and HDMI video settings and many console...