: Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray

Discus and support : Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray Encountering an audio issue when using the Blu-Ray app on Xbox One X to play UHD or... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by rept0n, May 29, 2020.

1. rept0n
    rept0n Guest

Encountering an audio issue when using the Blu-Ray app on Xbox One X to play UHD or HD Blu-Rays.

Video is perfect, and audio starts, but randomly cuts out for a few seconds, then comes back for a random amount of time before cutting out again. This happens across the handful of 4K and HD titles I've tried. All other audio from the Xbox One X (games, Spotify,
    Netflix) works fine without issue

• Xbox One X is connected to the QE65Q800T via a brand new HDMI 2.1 cable in port 4
    • I've tried different cables, and different ports - the problem stays with this device
    • Taking the same HD Blu-Ray and playing on a Playstation 4 connected to the same Q800T works fine without issue (regardless of cable or port).

Had not had an issue with Xbox One X audio playback before switching to this TV (previously plugged into a soundbar with ARC to the TV for video). I'd ideally like to be able to go Xbox One X to Q800T (and either do away with the Soundbar, or upgrade to one
    that supports eARC)

Any thoughts?

:)

rept0n, May 29, 2020
  2. XNG GAMING Win User

hello,the xbox one x does not support the hdmi 2.1 I suggest you leave the 2.0 that was provided with the console,then on your tv player try to desactivate the smart mode and disable the mode hdmi eARC in a second time
  3. Prince-Nicks Win User

Xbox One X 4k player Issues on TCL 55P6US

Im playing from the 4k uhd player in the xbox one x

The blu ray player is up to date yeah
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox cdrom or whatever people call it

Its a dvd
    Nope, not quite right.

Original Xbox - DVD

Xbox 360 - DVD (or more specifically, DVD-9).

Xbox One - Blu-ray

Xbox One S and X - UHD Blu-ray drive, but games still on standard Blu-ray.

Scarlet will have a UHD BD drive so that can still play all formats of movie discs. Likely that games will be on 100GB discs.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one s can play 4k Utra hd blu Ray dise ?

Hi

Yes it can play UHD Blu Ray discs please see this link below.

www.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-s

4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and Streaming
    With four times the resolution of standard HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-ray movies in stunning
    visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.
  6. Internet Expert Win User

up scale standard blu ray?

"Ultra HD" Blu-Rays will play in 4K. Standard Blu-Rays will play in 1080p.

The Xbox One S will only output to the highest resolution offered by the Blu-Ray disc it plays.

I suppose this design choice was in mind because 4K/UHD-TVs already process and upscale a lower resolution image to "cleanly" use all of the 3840x2160 pixels, so it's not putting unnecessary load on the Xbox One S CPU.
Thema:

1. : Q800T and Xbox One X audio dropout when playing UHD or HD Blu-Ray - Similar Threads - Q800T audio dropout

2. Bluray let receiver decode audio, video doesnt play correctly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bluray let receiver decode audio, video doesnt play correctly: Bluray doesn't play correctly, like 2 frames every 30 seconds. When I select "let receiver decode audio". If I don't select it bluray plays fine, but I want to use the bluray bitsteam, but can't...
  3. Robotic sounding audio on series X games

in XboX Insiders
    Robotic sounding audio on series X games: I am encountering audio issues while using Dolby atmos on series X games the audio is all robotic sounding and crackling it doesn't do this on non series x games so far the game I have experienced...
  4. Xbox Game Clips and Party Audio Recordings

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Clips and Party Audio Recordings: Me and my friends like to have pretty fun moments together but when I watch the game clips they are not as hilarious without the party audio, I was wondering if being able to record the party...
  5. XBOX One audio not working on TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One audio not working on TV: Hi community; We have a Xbox One, and when connected to a TV (tried 3 tv already) the audio works only in tha headsets. I've trying al the solutions in the internet. Got a new HDMI cable, Got an...
  6. Twitch chat audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Twitch chat audio: When is the twitch/Xbox update coming to be able to fix the issue where you can’t hear chat through streams. Talked to an argent a month or so ago and said they are aware of issue but still...
  7. XBOX Beta Remote Stream - No Audio

in XBoX on Mobile
    XBOX Beta Remote Stream - No Audio: When doing the xbox remote stream via android, there is no audio. It just does a popping sound non stop. Have tried changing all audio settings, using phone sound, bluetooth speakers, and even...
  8. Scratchy audio through headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Scratchy audio through headphones: I have an Antlion Modmic with Sennheiser HD650 headphones. All game audio comes in crystal clear, but when playing online (Gears 5) my friends voice comes in very scratchy. At first i thought it...
  9. Specific Audio Issue: Party Chat + OG XB1 + Chatpad + "Old Controllers"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Specific Audio Issue: Party Chat + OG XB1 + Chatpad + "Old Controllers": I've run across a very specific audio bug in the last couple of days: I have an OG XB1, running 10.0.19041.6179, and I've used party chat virtually every day without issue until a couple of days...
  10. Audio cutting it and out with wired headset

in XboX Insiders
    Audio cutting it and out with wired headset: Had this issue on my One X and My Series X. My wired headset audio cuts in and out, stutters, and basically lags. My router is very close to it but that’s my only option of location to place it....