Quality has gone down hill, 4 faulty controllers!

Discus and support Quality has gone down hill, 4 faulty controllers! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On 14/10 I decided to upgrade my launch Xbox One and purchased a new Xbox One S 1TB with 2 controllers. After playing some Borderlands 3 i noticed the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MLTZER, Oct 24, 2019.

1. MLTZER
    MLTZER Guest

On 14/10 I decided to upgrade my launch Xbox One and purchased a new Xbox One S 1TB with 2 controllers.

After playing some Borderlands 3 i noticed the left stick was 'drifting' i took a look at the controller and noticed the stick was not centred. I then unpacked the 2nd controller and I still experienced 'drift' both made the game unplayable.

I took both controllers back to the store and once i showed them a video they where happy to replace both controllers! I was very happy with that.

Then while playing Borderlands 3 again, i noticed the LB button was both throwing grenades and activating 'Rak Attack'! so i checked the button mapping and sure enough when i press LB it would also activate RB!!! The other new controller also has a very
    slight left stick drift - this time down instead of left as per the two original controllers.

So obviously i'm super disappointed and at this point regretting my decision to purchase the new console. Has anyone had this much bad luck?????

:)

MLTZER, Oct 24, 2019
  2. SinistralSpark8 Win User

Only after 3 years I had an issue with my controller and had to buy another one, sorry to hear that.
  3. L Dubs89 Win User

Never had an issue with any of my controllers, I wouldn't say quality has gone downhill, and a controllers health will depend on the individual user / care as well.

Sorry you have had a bad experience, but I don't think this is reflective of everyone.
  4. MLTZER Win User

Hey,

Im sorry you're experiencing this issue with your controllers.

This is a very strange problem you're having though, never really seen or heard anything like that really, did they replace your controllers with new controllers? or pre-owned ones? your controllers should never have drift in them if they are brand new.
    all brand new in sealed boxes.
  5. MLTZER Win User

These where all brand new controllers. Issues where straight out of the box
  6. k1Helix z Win User

Yep, with the Gears 4 red omen controller edition, the left stick actually is messed up but I didn't notice in time as this controller was used by my gf most of the time
Thema:

1. Quality has gone down hill, 4 faulty controllers! - Similar Threads - Quality has gone

2. Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues: Hey all, So I wanted to get some guidance / spark up a conversation. I was so excited to take delivery of my brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller on Monday 4th November. It had been on...
  3. Question about quality of updates and regaining operabilty

in XboX Insiders
    Question about quality of updates and regaining operabilty: I would like to ask either xbox stuff or other insiders like me. Why Xbox, does not offer options of cleaning, checking and repairing OS files? In PC we have DISM and SFC commands for example, so,...
  4. The Xbox Game Bar degrades the quality of microphone recording.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xbox Game Bar degrades the quality of microphone recording.: Hey there, my microphone is Blue Yeti Nano. When I try to record a video, I notice that the final result of the recording quality from the microphone is noticeably worse. Is it fixable?...
  5. Has a Reset of Windows 10 fixed anyone's issues with lag/poor network quality?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has a Reset of Windows 10 fixed anyone's issues with lag/poor network quality?: I upgraded an HP Envy 17t with 16 GB RAM, dedicate GeForce 740M, etc to Windows 10 from 8.1. It was more than enough for what specs say. Test shows I can stream at Very High, but even at Low, it...
  6. Has Microsoft addressed the poor build quality of xbox one game pads yet inc elite pad ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has Microsoft addressed the poor build quality of xbox one game pads yet inc elite pad ?: Having had my left bumper just drop out of my 8 month old elite controller yesterday I had to return it to the store for a replacement. This also happened to my son's Halo 5 controller. I also...
  7. xbox one controller has the quality of $30 knock-offs

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller has the quality of $30 knock-offs: really appalling how long they last compared to the 360 controller. i have had 2 xbox one controllers (one was a replacement from microsoft),and both broke the same way inside 3-6 months. the...
  8. Picture quality has suddenly worsened

in XBoX on Consoles
    Picture quality has suddenly worsened: Hi, I turned on my Xbox one this evening that I have had for about 6 weeks. There was no sound and the picture quality had significantly reduced from when I turned it off. I've managed to get the...
  9. Xbox one has the WOSRT quality controllers out of any console EVER made!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has the WOSRT quality controllers out of any console EVER made!: Xbox one has by far the WORST controller EVER out of any console I've ever tried! I have been an Xbox fan since day one. I've had a total of 4 Xbox consoles. I just took back three controllers for...
  10. Has the quality of the forums dropped?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has the quality of the forums dropped?: We're such a waste of space yet here you are on our forum, in our thread about trying to better our community, 10 pages later, still posting rubbish rather than just ignoring the idiots that...