Question about changing email

Discus and support Question about changing email in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am planning to change my email and when I choose change email it says money will not carry over does that mean I will lose the current funds on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tdrWhitefang, Feb 8, 2014.

1. tdrWhitefang
    tdrWhitefang Guest

I am planning to change my email and when I choose change email it says money will not carry over does that mean I will lose the current funds on my Xbox live account and if I do change it will I keep everything associated with my account.

:)

tdrWhitefang, Feb 8, 2014
  2. Changing e-mail address

Deathstroke xD, Feb 8, 2014
  3. Question about changing Gamertag

Since gamertags are not case sensitive this is not possible (sending messages, searching profile can both be done by full caps or no caps)

For example, I could find your profile by either one of these ways

en-US/Profile?gamerTag=LONE+MARINES

en-US/Profile?gamerTag=LOne+MariNES

en-US/Profile?gamerTag=Lone+Marines

(couldn't paste full link because it would get shortened)

Same goes for trying to search your GT to send a message to

FearedNightmare, Feb 8, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

To confirm: you're wanting to change the email address (Microsoft Account) associated with your Xbox Live profile?

In which case, everything remains associated with the Xbox Live profile (purchases, gamerscore, game history, friends, current subscriptions and so on), it's just the underlying MSA (Microsoft Account, the email address) which gets changed.

However, the funds remain on the old MSA so do not get transferred to your new one, so this will no longer be associated with your Xbox Live profile. The funds should remain accessible on the current/old MSA, but do no transfer across along with the Xbox
    Live profile.

Let us know how you get on and/or you have any further questions.

maxen, Feb 9, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

To confirm: you're wanting to change the email address (Microsoft Account) associated with your Xbox Live profile?

In which case, everything remains associated with the Xbox Live profile (purchases, gamerscore, game history, friends, current subscriptions and so on), it's just the underlying MSA (Microsoft Account, the email address) which gets changed.

However, the funds remain on the old MSA so do not get transferred to your new one, so this will no longer be associated with your Xbox Live profile. The funds should remain accessible on the current/old MSA, but do no transfer across along with the Xbox
    Live profile.

Let us know how you get on and/or you have any further questions.
  6. Sly Impact Win User

How to change my parental email for my xbox live account?

do you know the email and password to the parental account yourself? if you do you can easily change it.

If not, you will need to call Xbox support to see if you can change the email, however you will need to answer questions about this account, but if your the owner, you shouldnt worry about the questions, you made your account!

good luck
  7. juan van Win User

Changing parental e-mail address?

8. tdrWhitefang Win User

Question about what happens if I change my email

The email I am talking about is the one used to download your account, I just want to know how will it affect my account on the Xbox one if I change the email on xbox 360. I know if you change the password it asks you to enter the new one when you sign in
    to the xbox one.
  9. maxen Win User

Question about what happens if I change my email

You asked a different question related to this in the Xbox 360 section. But I think you've seen my reply there anyway.

I think what will happen is next you try to log in to your profile, it will ask you to sign in again, but obviously you'll need to use the new email address. It might not even need to download, just get the correct details in place, like when you changed
    your password.
Thema:

1. Question about changing email - Similar Threads - Question changing email

2. Question regarding changing rings from Alpha to Beta

in XboX Insiders
    Question regarding changing rings from Alpha to Beta: Hello Reddit, I've been thinking about moving from the Alpha ring up to Beta or even Delta and I've been wondering if that will "factory reset" my Xbox to install the Beta/Delta ring and remove...
  3. Quick question about changing mail addresses/alias

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Quick question about changing mail addresses/alias: I just recently changed my email address and alias (and removed the old email address that I used for live years ago on 360) for my Xbox one S system I just bought. When I go to redeem an Xbox...
  4. How can I change my secret question?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I change my secret question?: How can I change my secret question? 4f215ecc-baab-4f04-b358-3c117ade801e
  5. Forgotten my passcode and passcode question, how can I change them?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgotten my passcode and passcode question, how can I change them?: Forgotten my passcode and passcode question, how can I change them? 868b8b9a-6f9f-48c7-9ef7-78b514e31dc1
  6. Question about enforcement & request for change in Xbox policy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about enforcement & request for change in Xbox policy: Hello. Im looking for an information request on a few things regarding enforcement. Note: this is not an "appeal" type forum. Before responding to the forum, please actually read it first. I...
  7. Question about gamer tag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about gamer tag change: Hey there. i recently payed to change my gamer tag, it all cleared and everything seemed fine. But then when i joined new clubs, and even the old clubs i joined before the name change still...
  8. Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parental Control on. Bought second hand so don't know passcode or security question to change ...: I bought an xbox 360 second hand and the parental Control is on. I don't know the passcode or the question to reset it. Please help. d373af59-6bf9-4a14-afbc-c4f66cdffb69
  9. how to change parental code, i lost it and dont have answer about the question

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change parental code, i lost it and dont have answer about the question: i need help,i can not play to game for adulte 58a4a237-f729-4086-aa45-5769dc12a49a
  10. Question about what happens if I change my email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about what happens if I change my email: I am planning to change my email using the Xbox 360 and if I do change it will I just be prompted on the Xbox One to enter my new email or will I have to re-download my profile to the Xbox One....