Question about changing gamertag?

Discus and support Question about changing gamertag? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; tl;dr at bottom Recently my account was compromised and one of the things they did was change my gamertag. The original gamertag was longer than can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChistopherXR, May 21, 2020.

1. ChistopherXR
    ChistopherXR Guest

tl;dr at bottom

Recently my account was compromised and one of the things they did was change my gamertag. The original gamertag was longer than can be used with the new character limit (you can only use 12 characters instead of 15) so customer support told me to change
    it on Xbox 360 instead of Xbox One.

I did this and when I checked on my xbox it only changed the game tag that's used for games that don't support the new gamertag system.

tl;dr: If I call xbox support over the phone can they change my current gamertag by the new system to match my current gamertag by the old one?

:)

ChistopherXR, May 21, 2020
  2. Mr Difo Win User

through customer support they should be able to change the tag to what you desire as long as it fits their personal criteria. xbox has one of the best gamertag systems to date with lots of freedom :)
  3. Sayann X Win User

Hello, yes try to contact them, they can help you
  4. TTeeckCorba Win User

Question about Gamertag change

It may be because someone already has the gamer tag. I went into the "Find Someone" section on xbox and searched for "Soku" and got 50 results. If this is the case you will be unable to change your gamertag. Maybe try S0uk with a zero and not an o.
  5. Turv3y Win User

Question about gamertag changes.

I believe if you are banned the GT name is forfeit.
  6. maxen Win User

Question about changing email

To confirm: you're wanting to change the email address (Microsoft Account) associated with your Xbox Live profile?

In which case, everything remains associated with the Xbox Live profile (purchases, gamerscore, game history, friends, current subscriptions and so on), it's just the underlying MSA (Microsoft Account, the email address) which gets changed.

However, the funds remain on the old MSA so do not get transferred to your new one, so this will no longer be associated with your Xbox Live profile. The funds should remain accessible on the current/old MSA, but do no transfer across along with the Xbox
    Live profile.

Let us know how you get on and/or you have any further questions.
Thema:

1. Question about changing gamertag? - Similar Threads - Question changing gamertag

2. 2 Questions!!! How to change Xbox XUID? How to contact Enforcement by anyway?

in XBoX Accessibility
    2 Questions!!! How to change Xbox XUID? How to contact Enforcement by anyway?: How do I change my xuid? How do I contact xbox enforcement? fbd87cf1-ae7e-4288-9022-696d36118112
  3. Question about Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question about Gamertag change: Hello, I seem to have some trouble regarding my gamertag. I want to change it to Soku or and the system wont let me, I searched about guidelines regarding this problem and cant seem to figure out...
  4. Gamertag change question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change question.: I understand the basics of the rules of a gamertag change. I have yet to find a source that tells me verbadem what the rules are. I want to change my gamertag, which is , to my old call sign in...
  5. Question about gamertag ban and missing "free" gamertag change.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about gamertag ban and missing "free" gamertag change.: Hi, I'm having a couple of issues I hope someone can help me out with. First, my gamertag (Sexlexis) was banned a couple of days ago, and I'm curious what was deemed offensive about it, since it...
  6. Free gamertag change question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free gamertag change question: Is there a way to tell whether or not I chose to change the random gamertag when I first made this account?(like email and ect) I don't remember if I did or not since it's been 6 years, I don't...
  7. Changing my gamertag question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing my gamertag question: Hello, I’m considering changing my gamertag. Currently my gamertag is . I understand the process required to change my tag to a new one. My question is, if I decide that I don’t like my new...
  8. Gamertag Change Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Change Question: If I were to change my gamertag, would it erase my current game saves, such as in The Master Chief Collection? 9a159152-d700-48e2-afbd-6cdd1635a427
  9. Question about changing Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about changing Gamertag: I want to make my gamertag to the name I have for every other social media site. I want to change it to: Lone Marine It said it was taken, but when I searched the gamertag, the user's tag was:...
  10. Gamertag change question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change question: Hi, I want to change my gamertag, but is not really changing it, I just want to put it all in lowercase aside from the first letter. I know this is done with the "gamertag change" option, but if I...