Question about Disc copy of game for 2 consoles in the same home...

Discus and support Question about Disc copy of game for 2 consoles in the same home... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 Xbox Ones in my home. Most of my games I download digitally because it is easier when I want to play on the other console. I just boot it up... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Juiced46, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Juiced46
    Juiced46 Guest

I have 2 Xbox Ones in my home. Most of my games I download digitally because it is easier when I want to play on the other console. I just boot it up and play. I do not have to go find the disc etc and bring it to the other console, it is just more convenient.

With that being said. If I buy a Disc version of a game. Is there anyway I can run a digital copy of it after installing the disc version? Meaning, I pay for 1 disc copy. Install it on both systems. Can I then download it digitally so I can play on my 2nd
    system (with the same account) so i do not have to put the disc in it each time? The reason I would rather do this is most new games/pre orders can be had cheaper in Disc version (Amazon Prime, etc) then downloading the digital version which is usually always
    full price. If the digital versions were cheaper at release, this would make my issue much easier.

:)

Juiced46, Mar 11, 2018
  2. Battlefield 4 Disc error

I purchased a Battlefield 4, took it home and inserted the disc into my console. The console then gave me an "Unrecognizable disc" error, however disc 2 works just fine, my other games work just fine. I also just took back the first copy of BF4 exchanging
    it for a different and hopefully a working game. Got home and same results. I should also input the fact that the original copy did work after repeatedly opening and closing the disc tray until it read, that is until the game/console froze at a loading screen,
    and I had to power down the system, receiving another unrecognized disc error.

UnrulyDraegan, Mar 11, 2018
  3. williamjhjr
    williamjhjr Guest
    Sharing games via network transfer?

sorry if this was mentioned but couldn't find.exact answer. If i copy games via network transfer to another console in the same household/Network are the games playable at the same time? Or do i have to go about the home xbox way? Question is about game
    sharing only not gold sharing . Thank.you

williamjhjr, Mar 11, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Not without purchasing a digital copy. Otherwise you can only use the disc in 1 console at a time and you have to have the disc in the console in order to play it.

Smwutches, Mar 11, 2018
  5. Smwutches Win User

Not without purchasing a digital copy. Otherwise you can only use the disc in 1 console at a time and you have to have the disc in the console in order to play it.
  6. Lisa MarieCollin Win User

2e XBOX ONE

If the games are on discs, no. Discs have to be in the drive in order to play them so you would need 2 copies in order to play at the same time.

If they are digital copies, the account that owns the game can set one of the consoles as their Home console and any other profiles can access the games on that console. The original account will be able to play the game on any console.
    Thanks for your answer, and I knew it was impossible for hard copies. I know they can download it in both consoles, but my main question is will they be able to play at the same time online or offline ?
  7. Smwutches Win User

2e XBOX ONE

If the games are on discs, no. Discs have to be in the drive in order to play them so you would need 2 copies in order to play at the same time.

If they are digital copies, the account that owns the game can set one of the consoles as their Home console and any other profiles can access the games on that console. The original account will be able to play the game on any console.
  8. Smwutches Win User

2 consoles - 1 Xbox live

With the Xbox One there is a "Home" setting which allows all profiles on one console to share a gold subscription and games/content. So both kids can share everything on the Home console. In order to play at the same time, the child who's account is the
    "Home" account would need to play on the non-Home console. That account can access everything on any console. This will allow them to share digital games, but if you have physical discs, they would need 2 copies.
  9. laxnigel Win User

Xbox 360 disk on Xbox one launches blu ray player instead of the game

Hey there!

A couple ideas/questions:

1)Is this disc the same region code as the console? (can't use PAL and NTSC together)

2) Do any other discs work, besides that one? Try other discs if you have not already.

3) is the disc a legitimate copy, or could it be a pirated copy?

Post back here and let me know what you got!

Thanks!

^NNigel
Thema:

1. Question about Disc copy of game for 2 consoles in the same home... - Similar Threads - Question Disc copy

2. A question about Xbox 360 game discs and the Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A question about Xbox 360 game discs and the Xbox One: Hello everyone, apologies if this is the wrong section to post this article. I am trying to get the Xbox One, and i have a question about the Xbox 360 game discs. So, if i have for example have...
  3. Questions about ME 3 Disc 1 and Disc 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Questions about ME 3 Disc 1 and Disc 2: Hi. I have a Mass Effect Trilogy but I have a problem regarding on the Disc 2 of ME 3 all other discs are fine I tried them all out. But like I said the Disc 2 of ME 3 is not working like it have...
  4. Question about Digital download and Hard Copy discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about Digital download and Hard Copy discs: Hi, So I got a digital download key for Advanced warfare and redeemed it but paused the download because the 49gb download will chew about half of my internet in the first few days of it being...
  5. Xbox one Disc drive question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Disc drive question: Last night i was playing Gta V and my controller wouldnt stop disconnecting so when i turned it back on, the controller was on but nothing was working so i kept trying to sync it and take out the...
  6. Game disc question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game disc question: Hello I have a question may be a bit stupid, but after 5 console refer to the support for disk drive problem. I wondered if it was good to keep a game disc in the console when turned off or if...
  7. Question about ejecting a xbox one disc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about ejecting a xbox one disc?: I just got and xbox one and was wondering if this is normal for it sometime when I eject my game disc it will come all the way out and right before I grab it the xbox one will suck it back in?...
  8. Questions on returning XBOX ONE for disc tray issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Questions on returning XBOX ONE for disc tray issues.: Hello everyone. I am reaching out to all of you to get some answers from others who have had the same problem with their XBOX One and have sent it back to have it repaired. My issue is that my...
  9. Xbox One having issues reading discs - Sending in for repair question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One having issues reading discs - Sending in for repair question: Over the last 2 months, my day one edition Xbox One has issues reading game discs. What I usually have to do is, clear persistent storage on the drive, hold power button 10 seconds, unplug 2...
  10. Interesting Marketplace vs On-Disc DLC Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Interesting Marketplace vs On-Disc DLC Question: If you buy an 'ultimate edition of a game', say Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition that includes all the DLC on the second disc and install said content, will the marketplace download version...