Question about external hard drive

Discus and support Question about external hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, wondering if someone can advise me,. I just bought a 2 TB hard drive to increase storage space. I. Have plugged it in, the console asked if I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MechaClone, Aug 6, 2014.

1. MechaClone
    MechaClone Guest

Hi there, wondering if someone can advise me,. I just bought a 2 TB hard drive to increase storage space. I. Have plugged it in, the console asked if I wanted to format the drive and I clicked yes. I have tried to use some games and apps since then and
    they won't open, it's like the OS is frozen. My question is whether this is normal while it is formatting the hard drive. I am scared to reboot the xbox in case it messes it up.

:)

MechaClone, Aug 6, 2014
  2. Few questions about external hard drive -

I have a 4Tb.... And as far as difference. The only one I know of is, games load a tad faster on the external

Prezdead-5478B08A-FC7D-425B-BF6E-9F1ED3BF584A, Aug 6, 2014
  3. Few questions about external hard drive -

I don't remember if One is limited up to 3tb external hard drive or whatever but what is the most One can support?

WeepySaucer9404, Aug 6, 2014
  4. BIGDADDYCOOL316 Win User

Few questions about external hard drive -

Thank you all for your help and information about external drive!
  5. WeepySaucer9404 Win User

Okay. Thanks. I was probably going to get a 1TB or a 2TB for now but later on if I needed more space, I could have gotten a bigger one without any problems. That was my only question about the external hard drive.
  6. Prezdead-5478B08A-FC Win User

I have a 4Tb.... And as far as difference. The only one I know of is, games load a tad faster on the external
  7. WeepySaucer9404 Win User

I don't remember if One is limited up to 3tb external hard drive or whatever but what is the most One can support?
  8. ArmyRanger149 Win User

Hello, BIGDADDYCOOL316.

1.) You can play games on external drive without moving them into the internal drive.

2.) There are no differences between a internal drive and a external drive with performance.

I hope I answered your questions accordingly and correctly. Like my post if so!
Thema:

1. Question about external hard drive - Similar Threads - Question external hard

2. External hard drive question time!.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External hard drive question time!.: I am using 1TB external drive for games and 4TB for video. And have no problems at all. Last 2 years. But good idea from your side :) keep it up f8efca78-c04d-4739-a77c-d4f4675e29c6
  3. External Hard Drive Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Question: Hi I recently maxed out storage on my xbox on, and went to buy a External Hard Drive, The sales dude told me the Western Digital Elements would work but not sure if he was just trying to make a...
  4. External Hard drive Question and Help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive Question and Help.: Currently using a wall powered 8TB Xbox Game Hub drive which has a 7200rpm Barracuda drive inside. If i was to switch to a usb powered 4tb 5400rpm drive how much of a difference in load times...
  5. Questions about installing an external hard drive to the xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Questions about installing an external hard drive to the xbox one: So I purchased the Xbox One around the time of its release where it had 500 GB for its internal storage. Clearly after a few years that has been taken up and I now find myself about 20 GB left, so...
  6. External hard drive questions. Will anybody please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive questions. Will anybody please help!: My son now has two xbox ones (at different addresses) but only one external hard drive that he totes from house to house. My question is, is there a way that he can have a duplicate external hard...
  7. External hard drive question, please give me some advice.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive question, please give me some advice.: I currently have the Xbox One S with TWO external hard drives, each 3TB. I have the Xbox X pre ordered and I was weighing my options for the new system regarding my storage. Should I continue to...
  8. External hard drive question

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive question: So i got a external hard drive a while ago and for some reason a few of my games refuse to install on it although most do. DLC/addons are fine but the games just won't a few examples of this are...
  9. Question about external hard drive activity with instant on mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about external hard drive activity with instant on mode: I 'm not paranoid about it being active when the console is off but I'm curious about what it does. I have a Seagate back up 4TB drive. When I powered down my console off at first the Seagate led...
  10. External Hard Drive Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Question: I have an Xbox 1 and just got the 1S for Christmas. If I get an external HD for games/saved content will I be able to use it interchangeably between the 2 consols?...