Question about how Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass Sharing works

Discus and support Question about how Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass Sharing works in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, For Christmas my partner purchased me an Xbox One so that I could finally play No Man's Sky. I also got six months of Game Pass Ultimate. My... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AmazingJohnny, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Question about how Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass Sharing works

Hello,

For Christmas my partner purchased me an Xbox One so that I could finally play No Man's Sky. I also got six months of Game Pass Ultimate.

My partner also made a Gamertag with her pre-existing Microsoft Account on the console (no Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass). And she found out that she loves No Man's Sky. So much so that now we are considering getting another Xbox just so that we could play
    together in the game.

Here is the setup that I have questions about. If:

1. Both my partner's Xbox account (Silver / Free), and my account (Gold) are on the same "main / primary" console,
    2. My partner plays on this "main / primary" console,
    3. I play on the "secondary" console,

Can we both reap the benefits of my Xbox Live Gold account, and can we play No Man's Sky together?

:)

AmazingJohnny, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Zenosos Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

3. ImpaledGremlin Win User

As above states it easy and works well. Also can use with ea access but not for the 1hr trials or say on fifa only the account that buys game get the free fut packs etc but the other account can play the game.
  4. chucky23456789 Win User

put your account as a home on your partners xbox and there account on your xbox as a home that way what ever you guys buy on each account you both will get
  5. Smwutches Win User

Yes, as long as she is using the console set as your Home, you can each share the gold/game pass games.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Xbox Live

Hi Guilherme,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. In relation to your question about sharing gold, if the account that holds the subscription is made the primary Home Console profile, then you are able to share Xbox Live Gold with any other
    profile on the console. For further information about this, you can read the following support articles as they are pretty helpful:

Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on Xbox One

How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

I hope that this helps out!
Thema:

1. Question about how Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass Sharing works - Similar Threads - Question Live Gold

2. Xbox Live Gold Family Sharing Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Family Sharing Question: Right now, I have two Xbox consoles in my home, one with only my account and another with my kids accounts. We share the online purchases and downloads from Game Pass on both Xboxes. If I upgrade...
  3. Xbox Live Gold subscription charge question

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold subscription charge question: I can see a £17.99 Xbox Live Gold subscription charge as a bank debit card payment but can't see this subscription anywhere in my account services and subscriptions, and I've checked back to 2013....
  4. Xbox live gold question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold question: Can i get xbox live without subscription? I really want xbox live and i havent had it in a while and i usually just get the prepaid card codes. But because of the outbreak i havent had the time to...
  5. Sharing Xbox Live Gold membership - A similar but different question - please read

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing Xbox Live Gold membership - A similar but different question - please read: Hi All, first post here so be gentle. I have just acquired a 3rd Xbox One S in my home, and we have one Xbox Live Gold membership. I am not trying to get all 3 Xbox's online at the same...
  6. Question: Will "upgrading" from Xbox Game Pass for Console and Xbox Live Gold to Xbox Game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question: Will "upgrading" from Xbox Game Pass for Console and Xbox Live Gold to Xbox Game...: I'm not sold on paying Microsoft $1 to "upgrade" to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate if that means I'll be giving up all of the time I have on Xbox Game Pass for Console and Xbox Live Gold except for what...
  7. More than one Xbox Console Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass ultimate questions

in XBoX on Consoles
    More than one Xbox Console Xbox Live Gold & Game Pass ultimate questions: Hi There I have purchased a 2nd Xbox Console. Original Console = Console A New Console = Console B On Console A I have XBox Live Gold. I would like my Adult child to be able to play games...
  8. Xbox LIVE Gold Questions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox LIVE Gold Questions: Hi all, Quick questions for Xbox LIVE Gold: 1) Games with Gold. If your Gold Membership expires and you do not renew, can you continue to play the Games with Gold you downloaded like when the...
  9. Live Gold (2 questions)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Live Gold (2 questions): Q #1 - I plan to buy an XOne for my son tomorrow. Can we share my Live Gold account and if so how, or do I have to pay for two separate subscriptions? #2 - I've noticed some games vanishing from...
  10. question regarding xbox live gold conversion into game pass ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    question regarding xbox live gold conversion into game pass ultimate: Hi all, I just noticed the promotion that if you pay $1 it converts your xbox live gold time into the ultimate game pass time. I have about 18 months of xbox live gold on my account. It sounds...