Question about Minecraft (1.14 Upgrade Villagers and Pillagers)

Discus and support Question about Minecraft (1.14 Upgrade Villagers and Pillagers) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Minecraft for my kids about 12 months ago for there xbox one, they know want the latest version. Its say on the game that it can be upgraded... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tony Sims1, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Tony Sims1
    Tony Sims1 Guest

I bought Minecraft for my kids about 12 months ago for there xbox one, they know want the latest version. Its say on the game that it can be upgraded for free but when i click on the upgrade it says its $19.99, i dont mind spending the money but would
    rather buy the CD rather than pay for the download, but I can not find it available to buy, is it only available to download, any feedback appreciated

:)

Tony Sims1, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Tony Sims1 Win User

NeoDan123 thanks for the info. Do you have to do anything in Minecraft before you play the 5 hours so we will be able to get the free upgrade.
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

Minecraft Bedrock Edition, which is the version that has the Villager and Pillager update is not available in a physical copy. It is only available on the Xbox store.

There is a promotion going on at the moment where if you play for more than 5 hours on the Xbox One Edition of the game before 30 November 2019 then you will be eligible to get the free upgrade to the Bedrock Edition of the game. This code will be sent to
    the inbox of the account that has played the amount of time. It may take some time before you will receive the code in the inbox. You can also contact Xbox Support on the website to see if they can help in getting it earlier.
  4. NeoDan123 Win User

On the Xbox you will receive a message from Xbox Live.

When the console is on press the Xbox logo on the controller until a menu comes up on the left. Press the Right Bumber (RB) once and it will take you to the messages, any new messages that you received will show up in this menu.

If Xbox Live has send you a message it will show under Xbox Live. They will give a little message with a code at the end of the message. This code you will need to redeem on the account you wish it to be linked to.

Faster way is to contact Xbox Support and they will be able to assist with getting the code sooner which they will add the game straight to the account that has played for more than 5 hours.
  5. Tony Sims1 Win User

Hi Ruben, Thanks for the info, i read in the link you provided that they need to have played minecraft for 5 hours in the last 12 months, they have spent much more time than this playing minecraft. Its say a 5x5 code will be sent via xbox messaging, how
    do i access the xbox messaging, sorry for all the questions but i dont spend hardly any time on the xbox as I bought it for the kids.
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello Tony Sims1,

Thank you for replying back. In regards to this issue, as the Ambassador has stated their is a new promotion going until the end of November to get the Bedrock Edition for free. For more info you can view the message here on the
    Minecraft website or here through the
    Windows Central website.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
Thema:

1. Question about Minecraft (1.14 Upgrade Villagers and Pillagers) - Similar Threads - Question Minecraft Upgrade

2. Can someone please answer a Minecraft Realms question?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone please answer a Minecraft Realms question?: I'm looking for a plain-English description of how to help my child connect to a Realm that a friend has set up in Minecraft. We have Minecraft for the Xbox One S. Do I need to buy a different...
  3. Question on Minecraft policy -- anti-semitic content on private server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question on Minecraft policy -- anti-semitic content on private server: Hi, My son is 14 and was invited by a kid he knows at school (also 14 or 15 years old) to this kid's Minecraft [Xbox One] server. When my son got on to the server, he found it was full of...
  4. Minecraft on Xbox One settings question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft on Xbox One settings question: I've tried multiple times to play Minecraft on Xbox One, but can't determine which setting will stop the motion sickness I quickly develop playing it. I can play previous versions, all it took was...
  5. Minecraft mash up question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft mash up question: Can I play mash ups without buying the original game first? Like can I just buy the skyrim mash up without also owning minecraft itself 77400963-6258-4ea4-bc43-5fbf22b53e81
  6. Question about Minecraft Realm?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about Minecraft Realm?: Hello I have since about 3 days the problem that I can download my world from the Minecraft Realm but can not play on the Xbox or Windows 10 PC with the current version 1.17.13.0. when starting...
  7. Minecraft question about disappearing worlds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft question about disappearing worlds: my son just got an Xbox 1 back in March and since then 4 of my worlds have disappeared. Only mine are gone none of his.any ideas on why ? The last world that disappeared i was playing in and the...
  8. 2 questions about Minecraft realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2 questions about Minecraft realms: 1. The render distance on the realm is laughably small, making playing on a world of mostly water, where using distinct islands navigate is essential a nightmare. So I was wondering if there was...
  9. XB1 Minecraft Realms Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1 Minecraft Realms Question: Hello Fellow Gamers, I created a realm on the XBOX ONE a while back and used the Chromahills Texture pack. I read on the Chromahills website that they have fixed a few bugs with new releases but...
  10. Minecraft super duper graphics pack question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft super duper graphics pack question: When the super duper graphics pack debuts will we be able to change existing worlds into 4k? 2ceb5281-7c50-4818-87d9-bbf1d217ffff