Question about removing profile and setting my Xbox as my home xbox

Discus and support Question about removing profile and setting my Xbox as my home xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm running into an issue where I'm not getting notifications (friends signing in, new messages, etc). One of the troubleshooting steps is to try and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by klutch14u, Mar 4, 2017.

1. klutch14u
    klutch14u Guest

I'm running into an issue where I'm not getting notifications (friends signing in, new messages, etc). One of the troubleshooting steps is to try and delete your profile off the xbox and recreate it. Easy enough BUT I'm curious, if after doing this will
    I again have to invoke the "make this xbox my home xbox" option? I think you can only do that twice per calendar year if I'm not mistaken.

The reason I'm concern about it is I currently have 2 xbox One's in my home, both are set up with this so all my digital games are on each. I just got the second one over Christmas this year, so I've already done it once recently and I plan to replace my
    older non-S model soon with a S so I'll need to do it again soon.

I don't want to whack the profile willy nilly and screw myself being able to use the home xbox thing. I was hoping someone knew for sure if the profiles is tied to the hardware and/or if this happens, if support could let me do it again.

:)

klutch14u, Mar 4, 2017
  2. XGN Zilther
    XGN Zilther Guest
    Doubt Home Gold

Hello Dofusyosi,

By "Home Gold" I assume you are refering to sharing Gold status to other accounts by setting an Xbox as the "Home Xbox" through Settings > Personalization > My Home Xbox.

The gold sharing does only qualify on the Xbox that the account in question has set as it's home Xbox. Any other consoles would be unable to receive the shared Gold status, even if the profile was logged into another Console.

I hope I was able to answer your question, if not, provide any other information you have and I'll see what I can do about your question farther.

Thanks,

Zilther

XGN Zilther, Mar 4, 2017
  3. Question about the "my xbox home" setting

Every gamertag has the option to set one console as its xbox home. When this is done, any other gamertags on the console will have access to the purchased games content and subscriptions the the gamertag purchased. So you can have two gamertags using one
    xbox as a xbox home.

That being said I am not sure on your question. Are you asking if you can have two gamertags both using one xbox as their xbox home?

Here is more details on the home xbox setting. My Home Xbox Setting on Xbox One | Share Your Xbox One

ONEEYEDKILLAh, Mar 4, 2017
  4. klutch14u
    klutch14u Guest

Anyone? If this would get more exposure elsewhere I'd appreciate a moderator moving it for me

klutch14u, Mar 5, 2017
  5. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Hey klutch14u! Removing your account and re-adding it should not affect your home console designation. You are allowed 3 home console designations a year. Thanks!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Mister Cizl, Oct 31, 2018
  6. klutch14u Win User

Anyone? If this would get more exposure elsewhere I'd appreciate a moderator moving it for me
  7. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey klutch14u! Removing your account and re-adding it should not affect your home console designation. You are allowed 3 home console designations a year. Thanks!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

Gamesharing not working

Hello Sarin,

Thanks for coming to the forums. When you set the console right for
    home console
    , the box should say remove my home Xbox. So for example if you are setting your profile on your console, once you change home console for you it will say Remove my home Xbox. If it says Make this my home Xbox it isn't set as your home.

Thanks,

Brad
  9. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox live gold

Hi CrazySimmons.

Thanks for your response. There are no consequences or charges for using the Home Xbox feature; if you prefer not to use it, you can remove the previous Home Xbox association by setting your profile to home by visiting Settings>Personalization>My home Xbox
    from there you can select "Make this my home Xbox" to set your profile as home.

I hope this information helps.
  10. maxen Win User

Purchase History Linked to XBoxOne Console not Windows Live account ?

I reckon it's because of the Home Xbox thing. With Home Xbox, all profiles can play content on an Xbox that a profile owns if that profile has set that particular console as their Home Xbox. Your last profile would have set this console as its Home, and
    therefore all content it owns is available to download.

If you would want to reset this, there are two options: 1) log in as that profile on the console and go to Settings->Home Xbox->"This is not my Home Xbox" or 2) use that profile on a new console and go to Settings>Home Xbox>This is my Home Xbox, which would
    remove its Home status from the first console.
Thema:

1. Question about removing profile and setting my Xbox as my home xbox - Similar Threads - Question removing profile

2. Question about gold subs and sharing it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about gold subs and sharing it.: So a friend of mine just asked me a question that make me have doubts since I'm not really up to date with the subscription sharing things. He currently have a monthly Game Pass Ultimate...
  3. Вопрос по покупке gears of war на xbox 360 [Translation - The question of buying gears of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Вопрос по покупке gears of war на xbox 360 [Translation - The question of buying gears of...: Здравствуйте я хочу купить эту игру на xbox 360 но в вашем магазине указано что она работает на xbox one,то есть если я куплю я не смогу активировать и играть на своей консоли? ----------- [Mod...
  4. Question about 360 games and xbox 1 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about 360 games and xbox 1 games: So I have xbox 360 games like oblivion that is suppose to be able to play on xbox 1 and it used to but xbox 1 doesn't accept it anymore. I have the disc. I also have another one in the elder...
  5. A quick question about terms and conditions

in XBoX on Consoles
    A quick question about terms and conditions: Hi i was telling my friends how i joined xbox ambassadors and how wonderful it was to be in it and 1 of my friends said he was going to join just for the badge and get to tier silver and then not...
  6. Question for Xbox Insider team or the Insider Staff about the play later feature and the...

in XboX Insiders
    Question for Xbox Insider team or the Insider Staff about the play later feature and the...: When I was in the Alpha Ring in the past insider program awhile ago I started noticing issues with the GamePass tab on the homescreen dashboard and as well as the Alerts tab in the guide. when I...
  7. Hello, buy GOLD 1 YEAR with a PREPAID card, My question, Is it legal to have it removed...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Hello, buy GOLD 1 YEAR with a PREPAID card, My question, Is it legal to have it removed...: Hello buy GOLD 1 YEAR with a PREPAID card, My question, Is it legal to have it removed when there are still 3 months left? And to sue is Microsoft or Xbox.com ?. Today I was limited, and I've...
  8. Account ban removal question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account ban removal question: I was playing online and i shooting them and they called me a hacker then reported me yesterday and get reported for cheating got off then back on next day later im banned this dosent make sense...
  9. Can't remember back up question for family settings and I want to remove it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't remember back up question for family settings and I want to remove it: i would like to remove the family settings on my xbox 360 but don't know the code or back up question to reset it 0571acbb-0636-42cd-972e-032fa16b4376
  10. Ambassadors Removal Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ambassadors Removal Question: I recently got a email stating that I got removed from the Xbox Ambassadors program due to behavior on the forums. I have never gotten in trouble for anything and wondering why and how I got...