Question about SSDs and the series X

Discus and support Question about SSDs and the series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Im not at the best of knowledge when it comes to this stuff so here’s what i’m trying to ask : Can i format an external SSD on a series X for extra... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SenzuGang777, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Question about SSDs and the series X

Im not at the best of knowledge when it comes to this stuff so here’s what i’m trying to ask : Can i format an external SSD on a series X for extra storage on the system, use the same SSD to download files (for retro arch emulators) on a PC, and plug it back the SSD into the series X without asking me to reformat without any problems? any advice would help , thanks !

submitted by /u/SenzuGang777
    [link] [comments]

/u/SenzuGang777, Jun 17, 2022
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Will the Xbox Series X be able to use my external SSD

You can or should be able to use it for the Series X but i don't recommend running your games from it,

as you wont get the fast loading or fast travel time of what the Series X custom NVMe SSD is capable of,

It's best to use any external HDD or SSD for just game storage and transfer you most played games onto the Series X NVMe SSD.
  4. alfantastic Win User

Clunk Noise when turning console on

Yeah, I think it's the Blu-ray disc drive, as it happened on my Xbox One X (HDD) and does the same on my Series X (SSD). Don't worry about it!
  5. tejo chase Win User

bad idea Xbox Series X shows off its new removable memory card

If they were to put it a bigger ssd internally the price of the series x would rocket so to keep prices at a reasonable level these 1tb ssd drives sold separately and you only need them to play series x games once the internal ssd is full however you can
    still use standard external harddrives to play xbox one 360 and og games from and yoi can also store series x games on them you just cant play the series x games from them so it might mean a little more transfering around of series x games (which will move
    much faster than hames move now) so for a fair while you probably wont even need the plug in ssd drive.
  6. NDE Kaos Win User

Xbox One X 2TB Solid State Hybrid Drive Gaming Console

I have the One X and cant wait for the Series X to come out with that SSD drive
Thema:

Question about SSDs and the series X

1. Question about SSDs and the series X - Similar Threads - Question SSDs series

2. [Question] Can I still Browse the Internet Explorer on the Xbox 360 after retirement date?

in XBoX on Windows
    [Question] Can I still Browse the Internet Explorer on the Xbox 360 after retirement date?: Hello Xbox & Microsoft Community with Internet Explorer retiring June 15 2022, Does this affect the Internet Explorer on Xbox 360? Can I still Browse the Internet Explorer on the Xbox 360?...
  3. unanswered question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unanswered question: a while ago i sent a question to microsoft and you answered to me but that didn't help me, so i reply your answer but neither microsoft nor you don't help me. I bought your product by paying...
  4. Hello xbox , just a quick question i have reach my refund limit will i get banned cause i a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello xbox , just a quick question i have reach my refund limit will i get banned cause i a...: Hello xbox so i did a refund on three minecraft items and they got dienied i wont get banned will i cause i worried about that i might get banned ab7a9b40-d1d2-4251-97f8-517500b460a9
  5. A question

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    A question: If my friends is on my Xbox one s friends list and I get a xbox series x will my friends from my Xbox one s be on my Xbox series x be on that friend list?and does it depend on the account...
  6. Sorry for my question, but I want to know a good keyboard to play game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Sorry for my question, but I want to know a good keyboard to play game.: Thank you for reading my question and answering it. a11215f1-4a80-4489-8c0e-8322ed7abc49
  7. Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...: Hello. I have an Xbox One Controller that I use for my computer. The Controller has the latest firmware update for use with the Xbox One Chatpad. If I want to use the Xbox One Stereo Headset...
  8. Need to actually talk to an real agent. This is about an age restriction question with a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to actually talk to an real agent. This is about an age restriction question with a...: Need to actually talk to an agent. This is about an age restriction question & technical issue with a game on the playstation & MineCraft. Seriously, why is this so hard to talk to a HUMAN in Tech...
  9. Can you please answer my questions?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you please answer my questions?: Q1: Does Enforcement team review Xbox profiles each year for any offense like market place theft or fraud or buying from different region in a yearly periods or you can get banned for example...
  10. Xbox Series X and EA play question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and EA play question: So I managed to get my hand on the next gen console and I just realized I can't access the EA Play app like I used to for years on last generation console. My question is will I be able to still...