Question about System/app/game updates

Discus and support Question about System/app/game updates in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, does the Xbox One automatically download updates for Apps/Games & the system software when it's in standby mode? -PwN0oGrphy... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HoeRak, Aug 16, 2014.

1. HoeRak
    HoeRak Guest

Hello everyone,

does the Xbox One automatically download updates for Apps/Games & the system software when it's in standby mode?

-PwN0oGrphy

:)

HoeRak, Aug 16, 2014
  2. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    Question about System Update

I downloaded Max and Halo last night, then I updated this morning. Both free games downloaded 100% for me. I performed the manual update in my settings screen for my X1.

kingvas78, Aug 16, 2014
  3. The Wee Bear
    The Wee Bear Guest

It can auto update silently too with no intervention required at all. It even reboots to standby after updating.

The Wee Bear, Aug 16, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

It should download system, game and app updates overnight if in Settings>Power&Startup you have it on Instant On. This is "connected standby" and it will do all your updates for you. If, however, you set it to Energy Saving, you will need to do updates manually.

maxen, Aug 16, 2014
  5. HoeRak
    HoeRak Guest
    Ok. Thanks for the answer.

HoeRak, Oct 31, 2018
  6. maxen Win User

It should download system, game and app updates overnight if in Settings>Power&Startup you have it on Instant On. This is "connected standby" and it will do all your updates for you. If, however, you set it to Energy Saving, you will need to do updates manually.
  7. HoeRak Win User

Ok. Thanks for the answer.
  8. tohellnbak Win User

we have the option to do both... but you still need to accept the update if it DL automatically... (when you next sign on)
  9. The Wee Bear Win User

It can auto update silently too with no intervention required at all. It even reboots to standby after updating.
  10. JPep715 Win User

It will update automaticly in the background when you shutdown or you can update manually in system settings.
Thema:

1. Question about System/app/game updates - Similar Threads - Question System app

2. Xbox X: Multiple Monitors/System Link Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X: Multiple Monitors/System Link Question: I'd like to be able to have up to 6 monitors/TVs allowing 6 players to play together but without splitting screens (each player would have their own screen, no split screen). Is there a way to do...
  3. Question: Does Xbox series X have an open operating system, meaning can Xbox games and Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Question: Does Xbox series X have an open operating system, meaning can Xbox games and Xbox...: I know you can listen to music and run applications such as Spotify simultaneously while playing a game but can the actual application and game share data amongst each other and run cohesively at...
  4. Classic GT System Question. Still Available?

in XboX Insiders
    Classic GT System Question. Still Available?: My friend went to change their GT today and I noticed they had the option to use the classic 15 character system. I decided to check on my profile but the option isn’t there for me. Is this bc I’m...
  5. Quick question about the preview system

in XboX Insiders
    Quick question about the preview system: Whats the highest up option in the inside program??, like the one that gets the new updates the earliest submitted by /u/owensd554 [link] [comments]
  6. Two questions about the xbox one system software.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two questions about the xbox one system software.: My xbox one S isn't currently able to connect to the net, because all I have atm is unlimited mobile data and no hotspot access My questions are, A. Is there a spot in the settings somewhere...
  7. Punch Card Question for New VIP System

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Punch Card Question for New VIP System: I purchased Shadow of War through the Microsoft store before the new VIP system rolled out will I still get credit for the purchase? 3df2de42-63c4-420a-9fd6-a01a4c2adb56
  8. Halo 5 Game Developers I have constructive questions about the REQ system in Halo 5 for you.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5 Game Developers I have constructive questions about the REQ system in Halo 5 for you.: Hello, this question is the game developers, managers, and whoever is responsible for implementing updates for Halo 5: Guardians on Xbox One. I'm researching information for an article I'm...
  9. I have a question about reputation, flawed report system.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a question about reputation, flawed report system.: Does anyone know if reputation will go away after time if you don't play because I have the reputation needs work because someone got all of his friends to report me for no reason.Have a great...
  10. Question about reputation system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about reputation system: How am I in avoid me? This doesn't make any sense. [img] 5a64c9a9-7d81-4fcd-af58-cd26c6ceb591