Question about the "my xbox home" setting

Discus and support Question about the "my xbox home" setting in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So let's say I have one account with some games and another also with some games, however one of the accounts has a game I'd like to use on the second... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by hypothymia, Dec 20, 2017.

1. hypothymia
    hypothymia Guest

So let's say I have one account with some games and another also with some games, however one of the accounts has a game I'd like to use on the second account, if I made the account with the game I had wanted to transfer the home xbox it would transfer that
    and any other game I don't have on the second account.

However this reverts if I change my home xbox to the second account correct?

:)

hypothymia, Dec 20, 2017
  2. XGN Zilther
    XGN Zilther Guest
    Doubt Home Gold

Hello Dofusyosi,

By "Home Gold" I assume you are refering to sharing Gold status to other accounts by setting an Xbox as the "Home Xbox" through Settings > Personalization > My Home Xbox.

The gold sharing does only qualify on the Xbox that the account in question has set as it's home Xbox. Any other consoles would be unable to receive the shared Gold status, even if the profile was logged into another Console.

I hope I was able to answer your question, if not, provide any other information you have and I'll see what I can do about your question farther.

Thanks,

Zilther

XGN Zilther, Dec 20, 2017
  3. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Question about removing profile and setting my Xbox as my home xbox

Hey klutch14u! Removing your account and re-adding it should not affect your home console designation. You are allowed 3 home console designations a year. Thanks!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Mister Cizl, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Question about the "my xbox home" setting

Every gamertag has the option to set one console as its xbox home. When this is done, any other gamertags on the console will have access to the purchased games content and subscriptions the the gamertag purchased. So you can have two gamertags using one
    xbox as a xbox home.

That being said I am not sure on your question. Are you asking if you can have two gamertags both using one xbox as their xbox home?

Here is more details on the home xbox setting. My Home Xbox Setting on Xbox One | Share Your Xbox One

ONEEYEDKILLAh, Dec 20, 2017
  5. ONEEYEDKILLAh Win User

Every gamertag has the option to set one console as its xbox home. When this is done, any other gamertags on the console will have access to the purchased games content and subscriptions the the gamertag purchased. So you can have two gamertags using one
    xbox as a xbox home.

That being said I am not sure on your question. Are you asking if you can have two gamertags both using one xbox as their xbox home?

Here is more details on the home xbox setting. https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  6. XGN Zilther Win User

Doubt Home Gold

Hello Dofusyosi,

By "Home Gold" I assume you are refering to sharing Gold status to other accounts by setting an Xbox as the "Home Xbox" through Settings > Personalization > My Home Xbox.

The gold sharing does only qualify on the Xbox that the account in question has set as it's home Xbox. Any other consoles would be unable to receive the shared Gold status, even if the profile was logged into another Console.

I hope I was able to answer your question, if not, provide any other information you have and I'll see what I can do about your question farther.

Thanks,

Zilther
  7. klutch14u Win User

Anyone? If this would get more exposure elsewhere I'd appreciate a moderator moving it for me
  8. Mister Cizl Win User

Hey klutch14u! Removing your account and re-adding it should not affect your home console designation. You are allowed 3 home console designations a year. Thanks!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.
  9. XBF Nestor S Win User

Purchase and content usage Xbox one

Hey Digger thanks for keeping in touch,

What about the
    Home Console Association
    ? Is the account in question set to home console? How many other accounts are on the console? Let us know so we can get the account back up and running!
Thema:

1. Question about the "my xbox home" setting - Similar Threads - Question home setting

2. Home Xbox Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox Question: When I first got my Xbox One I gave my sister my 360 still set up with my profile and digital rights licenses (essentially my home Xbox 360). Because of this I never set up a home Xbox One. Now I...
  3. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: A little help with a home networking question

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: A little help with a home networking question: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: A little help with a home networking question Hello, I currently have a Netgear Nighthawk that works great for 4 consoles at the moment. I want...
  4. Question: Home Xbox and Sharing Digital Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question: Home Xbox and Sharing Digital Games: I have always played video games, and now that they have upgraded to a home entertainment system, I haven't completely learned how it works. spending that much time trying to figure out some...
  5. Question regarding home console privileges

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding home console privileges: Is there a way to keep another specific account from benefiting from my home gold privileges or only allow one other account to benefit from my home gold privileges?...
  6. Question about Disc copy of game for 2 consoles in the same home...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about Disc copy of game for 2 consoles in the same home...: I have 2 Xbox Ones in my home. Most of my games I download digitally because it is easier when I want to play on the other console. I just boot it up and play. I do not have to go find the disc...
  7. Question about Xbox Home Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about Xbox Home Gold: Hi, I am a PC Overwatch player but my brother plays on Xbox One. We ourselves live in separate cities but I just moved in with a guy who has an Xbox one and Xbox live gold, and I will be living...
  8. "Home Xbox" related question about payed games & DLC's

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Home Xbox" related question about payed games & DLC's: Hello, My brother has my account on his Xbox and his console is configured as my "Home Xbox". Now, I bought Battlefield 1 on my Xbox and it appeared for him as well (logical) but my question is,...
  9. My home Xbox question

in XBoX on Consoles
    My home Xbox question: My nephew (Person A) recently purchased a digital copy of NBA2K18 on his Xbox One. His brother (Person B) then got an Xbox One (set up in a different room at the same house) logged on to Person...
  10. Question about removing profile and setting my Xbox as my home xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about removing profile and setting my Xbox as my home xbox: I'm running into an issue where I'm not getting notifications (friends signing in, new messages, etc). One of the troubleshooting steps is to try and delete your profile off the xbox and recreate...