Question about Xbox Home Gold

Discus and support Question about Xbox Home Gold in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am a PC Overwatch player but my brother plays on Xbox One. We ourselves live in separate cities but I just moved in with a guy who has an Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AbuzzKarma43959, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Question about Xbox Home Gold

Hi, I am a PC Overwatch player but my brother plays on Xbox One. We ourselves live in separate cities but I just moved in with a guy who has an Xbox one and Xbox live gold, and I will be living with him for about 6 months. I picked up a copy of Overwatch
    today during the sale, so that I can play a night or two a week with my brother. Now, my roommate has Xbox Home Gold turned on, so when other people use their Microsoft accounts, they can play games online no problem.

But overwatch seems a little different in that the game itself is pretty much built around having an online account, with stats, skins, rank, whatnot. What I'm wondering is, I think when I eventually move out, I will get an Xbox one myself to keep playing
    with my bro. I assume when I set up overwatch it will be linked to my Microsoft account and will move with that account. But will I be able to tap into that home gold that my roommate has set up with a game like Overwatch for these 6 months? Or will I need
    to buy my own live for these 6 months for my Microsoft account in order to eventually be able to move it?

Thanks,

Rex

:)

AbuzzKarma43959, Jun 3, 2017
  2. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    Question about home gold

they will.... in some form.... maybe a tighter "family" 5 instead of 10.... digital sales and lending will be here also.. let us just get these dam things into our home next week.... play with them until Jan and see where it takes us....

tohellnbak, Jun 3, 2017
  3. Question about home gold

I hope and pray they bring back the original plans to share digital games with friends and family! That was truly next gen in my opinion. Sad to see that go before we at least got to try it out.

DaT DaRthCleRiC, Jun 3, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

When you move out you would either need to buy your own subscription (which would be the best option most likely), or your roommate would have to set your new console up as his Home console in order for you to keep sharing the gold.

Smwutches, Jun 3, 2017
  5. As long as your roommate sets your console as his home console and you take that console with you when you move out, you will still receive the benefits of his Xbox Live Gold membership and be able to play Overwatch with your brother. The account you are
    signed in with is irrelevant as long as you stick with the console that your roommate has assigned as his home console Question about Xbox Home Gold :)

ThyAngryBrownie, Jun 10, 2017
  6. Rex,

Once you move out of your roommate's house you will need to purchase your own love gold membership. His good will not be on your account. However, you can get a gold membership for one year for $59.99+tax. If you can't afford the year price up front you
    can do a monthly for$9.99 or three month for $24.99. Also keep an eye on sites like Amazon, Microsoft store, etc because sometimes you can find sales on the yearly gold.

Krittastrophy, Jun 10, 2017
  7. Anthony Bern
    Anthony Bern Guest
    You will be able to continue to play using your roommates Xbox live gold subscription as long as you use his Xbox. All of your unlocks in Overwatch will travel with your Microsoft account, in other words once you move out and have your own Xbox and Xbox
    live gold you will retain all your unlocks as long as you are using the same Microsoft account you unlocked them on.

Anthony Bern, Jun 11, 2017
  8. Question about Xbox Home Gold

spinefarm2001, Nov 2, 2018
  9. DaT DaRthCleRiC Win User

Question about home gold

Looks like you can just make any console u want your home gold from setting however you can only change this 3 times a year
  10. DJ DID Win User

Question about home gold

make bedroom your home gold and download digital games on your tag there.anyone that uses this box can play even if you are not logged in.then when you log in on another console ie living room all your games and content will follow you and while you are
    signed in on that console anyone can play online
  11. Merlin4421 Win User

Question about home gold

Yeah I guess that would be a problem if your buying digital....if they have physical copies not a big deal right?
  12. tohellnbak Win User

Question about home gold

the issue with that Merlin.... scenario... wife and husband are home... husband has friends over.... and with his account purchased Dance central on the console in the living room.... Now wife wants to play it... she cannot unless she is on the console
    it was purchased under... it can be done... but you really need to figure out what account.. purchases what game... on what console...
  13. Galactic Geek Win User

Question about home gold

That is a good questoin & at this point in time, I don't think anybody outside of MIcrosoft actually knows the answer. However, I'm sure you'll be able to, since people buy new consoles all of the time (especially if 1 breaks or something). It is my personal
    belief that it will be limited in some way, so it's likely that you would only be able to transfer home gold so many times in a certain time period, for example. This would be similar to the license transfer on the Xbox 360, which if I recall correctly can
    only be done twice in a 1 yr. period. If this turns out to be the case, then I hope you don't have friends over often. ;)

Regardless, I think it's probably just easier to physically switch the consoles - that shouldn't be hard at all. Just unplug them, move them, plug them back in.
Thema:

1. Question about Xbox Home Gold - Similar Threads - Question Home Gold

2. Home Xbox Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox Question: When I first got my Xbox One I gave my sister my 360 still set up with my profile and digital rights licenses (essentially my home Xbox 360). Because of this I never set up a home Xbox One. Now I...
  3. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: A little help with a home networking question

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: A little help with a home networking question: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: A little help with a home networking question Hello, I currently have a Netgear Nighthawk that works great for 4 consoles at the moment. I want...
  4. Question: Home Xbox and Sharing Digital Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question: Home Xbox and Sharing Digital Games: I have always played video games, and now that they have upgraded to a home entertainment system, I haven't completely learned how it works. spending that much time trying to figure out some...
  5. Question regarding home console privileges

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding home console privileges: Is there a way to keep another specific account from benefiting from my home gold privileges or only allow one other account to benefit from my home gold privileges?...
  6. Question about Disc copy of game for 2 consoles in the same home...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about Disc copy of game for 2 consoles in the same home...: I have 2 Xbox Ones in my home. Most of my games I download digitally because it is easier when I want to play on the other console. I just boot it up and play. I do not have to go find the disc...
  7. Question about the "my xbox home" setting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about the "my xbox home" setting: So let's say I have one account with some games and another also with some games, however one of the accounts has a game I'd like to use on the second account, if I made the account with the game...
  8. My home Xbox question

in XBoX on Consoles
    My home Xbox question: My nephew (Person A) recently purchased a digital copy of NBA2K18 on his Xbox One. His brother (Person B) then got an Xbox One (set up in a different room at the same house) logged on to Person...
  9. Home Gold Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Gold Question: I have a question about how Home Gold works if you have more than one Xbox One in your house. Current set-up: Den (my console) - Xbox One with Xbox Live Gold Living Room (wife and daughter's...
  10. Xbox home gold question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox home gold question: Just got a xbox one and we have two 360 already but gold accounts just ran out I setup the xbox one yesterday with my account first then my sons I had 14 day gold trial so used that now we...