Question regarding Dolby Vision and Xbox video settings

Discus and support Question regarding Dolby Vision and Xbox video settings in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a C9, and from what I have seen so far, setting the to to Cinema mode for DV produces more accurate whites. The question I have, is should I be... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/madhatv3, May 21, 2021.

1. /u/madhatv3
    /u/madhatv3 Guest

I have a C9, and from what I have seen so far, setting the to to Cinema mode for DV produces more accurate whites. The question I have, is should I be setting the TV input to PC mode, and should I manually turn on Allow 4:2:2 and 12 Bit color on the Xbox as well?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/madhatv3
    [link] [comments]

/u/madhatv3, May 21, 2021
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Vision games support late 2019

Hi there SorrowSeer,

Thanks for the update on the inquiry on the Dolby Vision. To start enjoying this feature today, you need a TV that supports
    the latest version of Dolby Vision

To setup this feature, first check if you have a compatible TV by going on your Xbox to the 4K TV Details page under Settings. You can also check the full list of supported TVs here.

• Next enable Dolby Vision on your console by navigating to Settings -> Display and sound -> Video output -> Video modes -> Allow Dolby Vision.

Hope this helps.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Will Dolby Vision support come to Xbox One X for 4K bluray discs?

4. jimlad1980 Win User

Star Trek Discovery via Netflix running 1/4 screen size

I had the same issue, go to the display & sound settings, video output and untick the dolby vision option. Load Netflix check star trek has opened correctly then back to settings and re-tick the dolby vision option
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Vision games support

Yes, Xbox One X does support Dolby Vision with games that have the feature. Mind that this is 12bit color and not simply 10 bit color.

The feature may be only with select insider rings in the xbox insiders program for now, it may not be out to the general public yet. You can check below to see if it's available on your console:

To setup this feature, first check if you have a compatible TV by going on your Xbox to the 4K TV Details page under Settings. Look for "Your TV supports Dolby Vision" there.

Next, enable Dolby Vision on your console by navigating to Settings -> Display and sound -> Video output -> Video modes -> Allow Dolby Vision.
    Read more at
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/08/30/dolby-vision-for-xbox-one-1810-system-update/
  6. SorrowSeer Win User

Xbox One X Dolby Vision games support late 2019

Thema:

1. Question regarding Dolby Vision and Xbox video settings - Similar Threads - Question regarding Dolby

2. Question Regarding Dolby Vision Input Latency

in XboX Insiders
    Question Regarding Dolby Vision Input Latency: It’s been a few months now and the situation hasn’t improved. I’m seeking advice from those far more knowledgeable than me here. Why is it that Dolby Vision didn’t introduce extreme input latency...
  3. Question regarding dead zone size - Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding dead zone size - Xbox Elite Series 2: Hello, I just bought new Elite Series 2. One thing that surprised me is dead zone size. I play Battlefield (on PC) with this controller and i had to set dead zone size to 9 (100 is max value)....
  4. Questions regarding upgrading to Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Questions regarding upgrading to Xbox series x: I have 3 questions: 1-I have a hard drive attached to my xbox one, If I plug it in my future xbox series x will I be able to play all the games installed right away? 2-There are power outages...
  5. Question regarding warranty dates.

in XBoX on Windows
    Question regarding warranty dates.: I bought my new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller on July 27th, 2021. When I went to register it with Microsoft is says that I have warranty until 05/03/22. First of all I don't know if this means...
  6. Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...: Hello. I have an Xbox One Controller that I use for my computer. The Controller has the latest firmware update for use with the Xbox One Chatpad. If I want to use the Xbox One Stereo Headset...
  7. Regarding Forums Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Regarding Forums Question: Hello here. I just wanted to ask a quick question regarding the forums. I used to be a pretty frequent forum user back in the late 2000s but took a break from Xbox for over 10 years. I’ve looked...
  8. Quick but technical question regarding how Xbox automatically allocates itself to 3074

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Quick but technical question regarding how Xbox automatically allocates itself to 3074: Quick but technical question regarding how Xbox automatically allocates itself to 3074 The following is an excerpt from Step 2 of Xbox one NAT troubleshooter section Advanced NAT (single console)...
  9. A question regarding community points.

in XboX Insiders
    A question regarding community points.: Is Microsoft Rewards Community points sharing coming back sometime soon? submitted by /u/SilentDrive83 [link] [comments]
  10. Question Regarding Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Game Pass: My Question is…. If I have Redeemed Game Pass Code From Saudi Arabia And I have to move to India Will the Banned Games In Saudi Arabia Will Be Available When I Change My Country or Region??(For...