Question regarding my network pingtest results with xbox 360 on vs off.

Discus and support Question regarding my network pingtest results with xbox 360 on vs off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I apologize, as I am sure this will need to be moved to a different sub-forum. My phone is not allowing me to get to the network forum for some reason.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoshJustJosh, Feb 24, 2014.

1. JoshJustJosh
    JoshJustJosh Guest

I apologize, as I am sure this will need to be moved to a different sub-forum. My phone is not allowing me to get to the network forum for some reason.

Here is my question/comment: When my Xbox 360 is turned off, my pingtest results are pretty bad by gaming standards. Most reently, I had a ping time of 58ms, with a "jitter" value around 28, and 0% packet loss, giving my network an overall grade of
    a B.

When I turned my Xbox 360 on (not playing a game, just on and idle), my results were pretty impressive by my standards. With Xbox on, I received a ping value of 28ms, a "jitter" value of 2, with 0% packet loss, for an overall grade of A.

Whu does having my xbox on result in such a drastically different pingtest? Is it because of the ports that I have opened for an "open"nat type?

:)

JoshJustJosh, Feb 24, 2014
  2. Constant lag spikes

Did the pingtest once more, this one would be better than the second to posted on the one above...

[View:http://www.pingtest.net/result/77421789.png]

This one was with the Xbox off....

and then I did it again.... Xbox still off mind....

Question regarding my network pingtest results with xbox 360 on vs off. [​IMG]

So yeah, fluctuating alot....

FlossyOlive30, Feb 24, 2014
  3. FlossyOlive30 Win User

Constant lag spikes

[View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/2522348634.png]

[View:http://www.pingtest.net/result/77421254.png]

Speed and pingtest....

Did it again with the Xbox off, and....

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2522365126.png

http://www.pingtest.net/result/77421435.png
  4. FlossyOlive30 Win User

Constant lag spikes

Did the pingtest once more, this one would be better than the second to posted on the one above...

[View:http://www.pingtest.net/result/77421789.png]

This one was with the Xbox off....

and then I did it again.... Xbox still off mind....

[​IMG]

So yeah, fluctuating alot....
  5. GMAN990 Win User

Constant lag spikes

Good old Virgin media and their highly congested network (in some areas) yes its an ISP issue, but mention Xbox live and they'll switch off, just give them your pingtest results and tell them Skype isn't working properly and youtube is buffering etc, you
    can also complain on their own forums

For the record I've NEVER seen a result like your second ping test you'd get a better result from a Satellite connection and that is 22,000 miles above the Earth!

its certainly not an Xbox issue, if they won't help look at switching to an FTTC provider
  6. Todd1974 Win User

Intermittent xbox live connection

I have some issues with this as well. I'm using a WiFi Extender because I have no direct modem access, so I have to go wireless. My Xbox Live connection is very intermittent. It could work fine for a half hour, hour or more, or won't connect at all. I
    looked at speed test and pingtest and these are the results:

Speedtest: Ping132ms, Download 8.82mbps, upload 3.29/ Pingtest Ping 29ms Jitter 11ms. Curious if I need to move the extender or if it's a network issue. Not sure. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
  7. raydogg0030 Win User

Error Status Report-Help please?

I couldn't get pingtest to work, but speedtest.net worked. Here are the results.

[View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/2395332469.png]
Thema:

1. Question regarding my network pingtest results with xbox 360 on vs off. - Similar Threads - Question regarding network

2. Digital only Xbox - Question regarding games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digital only Xbox - Question regarding games: I have been looking at the digital only version of the Xbox One S, mainly to use in a different room for playing online at the same time as my son (on games that don't have 2 player / split...
  3. Question Regarding XBL Ultimate and Redeeming XBL Code

in XboX Insiders
    Question Regarding XBL Ultimate and Redeeming XBL Code: My brother pays month to month for XBL Ultimate. Someone bought him a 3 month XBL card. If he redeems this, how does this affect his XBL Ultimate membership? Thank you! submitted by...
  4. Question regarding a suspension

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question regarding a suspension: My son was suspended by a bully whom he blocked. How is that possible? 363b7928-d67a-49b3-ad05-a91879dd3a35
  5. Question regarding changing rings from Alpha to Beta

in XboX Insiders
    Question regarding changing rings from Alpha to Beta: Hello Reddit, I've been thinking about moving from the Alpha ring up to Beta or even Delta and I've been wondering if that will "factory reset" my Xbox to install the Beta/Delta ring and remove...
  6. question regarding xbox live gold conversion into game pass ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    question regarding xbox live gold conversion into game pass ultimate: Hi all, I just noticed the promotion that if you pay $1 it converts your xbox live gold time into the ultimate game pass time. I have about 18 months of xbox live gold on my account. It sounds...
  7. Question regarding audio quality Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Question regarding audio quality Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello everyone, I know this question may need further assistance elsewhere, but I am in the insider program so I thought I’d see if anyone else has this issue before I move on. Over the past few...
  8. A few short questions regarding my new controller's state

in XBoX on Windows
    A few short questions regarding my new controller's state: Hi, I'm being a bit paranoid on this, but since I was recommended in this forum to RMA my last controller because it had some kind of scratches in the A button, which ended up being cracks, I'd...
  9. Question regarding banned Xbox Live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding banned Xbox Live account: Good evening, I was wondering why this account was banned about 8 years ago, I honestly can't remember why and I'd like to know. Is also a way to unban it? I am planning of buying an Xbox console...
  10. Follow Up to Questions Regarding Losing Power On Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Follow Up to Questions Regarding Losing Power On Xbox One X: Hello All, I had posted a while ago about how my xbox one x wouldn't stay on. The solution was that it needed to be plugged directly into a wall outlet and NOT a surge protector. The console...