Question regarding resetting an Xbox and profile content

Discus and support Question regarding resetting an Xbox and profile content in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I am looking to sell my Xbox One S and upgrade to Xbox One X, however I am a little confused about some things. If I reset my current Xbox and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by P3ckishwhale, Mar 18, 2020.

1. P3ckishwhale
    P3ckishwhale Guest

Hi,

I am looking to sell my Xbox One S and upgrade to Xbox One X, however I am a little confused about some things.

If I reset my current Xbox and remove all content, if I sign in with my Xbox Live profile on a new Xbox will all my content be there?

Is there any safety measures that should be put in place on top of this?

Thanks

:)

P3ckishwhale, Mar 18, 2020
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

As long as you sign in with the same email and password then yes everything will be there for you on the new xbox.

Safety measure wise as long as you factory reset the console you should have no problems.

As a precaution if you want once you factory reset the console you can also change your password on your account so that way if somehow they get your account back on your old console it will ask them for the new password and if they do not know the new password
    then they would not be able to sign into your account.
  3. CyTeK1978 Win User

Question regarding Xbox Live profile and content

on some of my postings too, strange
  4. P3ckishwhale Win User

ehm?

ok i can read it but, what the *****
    Sorry, the format went strange

Fixed
  5. CyTeK1978 Win User

ehm?

ok i can read it but, what the *****
  6. Elohmn Win User

Wondering?

Your own Profile from here
    VividOwnmaster
    will answer any questions in regards to Gamescore Reset.
Thema:

1. Question regarding resetting an Xbox and profile content - Similar Threads - Question regarding resetting

2. Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...: Hello. I have an Xbox One Controller that I use for my computer. The Controller has the latest firmware update for use with the Xbox One Chatpad. If I want to use the Xbox One Stereo Headset...
  3. Regarding Forums Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Regarding Forums Question: Hello here. I just wanted to ask a quick question regarding the forums. I used to be a pretty frequent forum user back in the late 2000s but took a break from Xbox for over 10 years. I’ve looked...
  4. Quick but technical question regarding how Xbox automatically allocates itself to 3074

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Quick but technical question regarding how Xbox automatically allocates itself to 3074: Quick but technical question regarding how Xbox automatically allocates itself to 3074 The following is an excerpt from Step 2 of Xbox one NAT troubleshooter section Advanced NAT (single console)...
  5. A question regarding community points.

in XboX Insiders
    A question regarding community points.: Is Microsoft Rewards Community points sharing coming back sometime soon? submitted by /u/SilentDrive83 [link] [comments]
  6. Question Regarding Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Game Pass: My Question is…. If I have Redeemed Game Pass Code From Saudi Arabia And I have to move to India Will the Banned Games In Saudi Arabia Will Be Available When I Change My Country or Region??(For...
  7. Question on Insider release notes regarding Donnie Darko 4K Blu-ray playback

in XboX Insiders
    Question on Insider release notes regarding Donnie Darko 4K Blu-ray playback: Currently, and beginning with the Alpha channel release notes on May 5th, there is a section that states: Blu-Ray Playback We are tracking an issue with poor playback (lost frames) during the 4K...
  8. Question regarding Dolby Vision and Xbox video settings

in XboX Insiders
    Question regarding Dolby Vision and Xbox video settings: I have a C9, and from what I have seen so far, setting the to to Cinema mode for DV produces more accurate whites. The question I have, is should I be setting the TV input to PC mode, and should I...
  9. question regarding beta of Game Pass browser game streaming

in XboX Insiders
    question regarding beta of Game Pass browser game streaming: i have an invite to the browser game streaming beta, i was wondering what the rules are around streaming on twitch while i play?, is this allowed? any help is appreciated submitted by...
  10. Question regarding Gamerscore reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding Gamerscore reset: Just curious as to how the whole policy works. I was wondering because my gamerscore got reset a few years ago or so. I now officially no longer have the cheater gamerzone, and don't have previous...