Questions about a refund ticket

Discus and support Questions about a refund ticket in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I filed for a refund with an agent over the phone in a two hour process. She assured me that my refund would go through. I just now got a response... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by nushka0001, Jun 12, 2019.

1. nushka0001
    nushka0001 Guest

I filed for a refund with an agent over the phone in a two hour process. She assured me that my refund would go through. I just now got a response email from Microsoft saying that the ticket has been closed. No information as to whether the refund request
    was denied or approved. Just that it was closed. What does this mean?

:)

nushka0001, Jun 12, 2019
  2. MetalNutz Win User

If you have your case number I would follow up with support just to be safe.
  3. nushka0001 Win User

I am planning to call and check but if it was denied wouldn't the email specify? Thanks for the response.
  4. NA008 Win User

Refund Request team not responding to the customer or other internal Microsoft departments

I was wondering that myself, but no the game was never even opened. For about 38 days now I've been replying to the Refund team's denial emails, and posting questions in the ticket itself, but still am not getting any responses. They just seem to go
    in and flip the ticket to closed again whenever I reopen it to post a question.
  5. NA008 Win User

Refund Request team not responding to the customer or other internal Microsoft departments

Thanks zmaster,

I did end up opening another ticket, as Microsoft Customer Support recommended doing the same thing. The Refunds team did not respond in that ticket either though. This is very strange.

In the original ticket, for almost 5 weeks now, I have reached out to them in their denial emails, and have also re-opened the ticket to post questions directly into it as well. I still have not yet received 1 response. All they seem to do is go in and
    flip the ticket to closed again without replying or acknowledging anything the customer writes.

Microsoft Customer service has reached out to the Refunds team as well, but their questions are also being ignored. Everyone in Microsoft Customer Service, and even Accounts & Billing seems baffled by the fact that the Refunds team isn't responding.

A manager is supposed to be contacting me soon so that we can try to figure this out, but I wanted to post here to see if my experience is atypical or not.

Thanks again everyone.
  6. NA008 Win User

Thanks Parity,

I have been reaching out to the Refunds team almost every day since 12/01/2018 by responding to their denial emails, and by posting questions in the Refunds Request ticket itself, but have not received any responses from them.

The most I seem to be able to get from them is the occasional copy/paste denial template stating that my request is ineligible.

When I ask why it is ineligible by responding to the denial email, they don't respond.

When I reopen the ticket and post a question asking why it is ineligible, they simply re-close the ticket and don't respond.

I am curious if anyone else is having these issues, or if they have found a way to communicate with the Refunds team.

Thanks again for the response.
Thema:

1. Questions about a refund ticket - Similar Threads - Questions refund ticket

2. I have a question about a refund I requested yesturday.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a question about a refund I requested yesturday.: Ok I know I might not get the refund from a game I didnt purchased. So yesturday its been 14 days since my younger brother purchased a game I didnt want so I had to make him a new account so he...
  3. I have a question, that Im wondering. If I bought a game can I refund it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a question, that Im wondering. If I bought a game can I refund it?: I want to refund the game pubg. My friend told that he would buy pubg when I buy it so we could play multiplayer, so I bought it and he didn't buy it... He just pranked me so now I cant play it I...
  4. Some question a refund that i made

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some question a refund that i made: I buy this season pass that i refund my credit card I got back the money to credit card or my microsoft account balance? 5 bisuness day and i get my money back? Microsoft deletes the season...
  5. Refund question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Refund question: I sent in a refund request yesterday. I got an e-mail back saying they are reviewing the case and expect a reply within 72 hours. A few hours later, I got an e-mail saying my case(s) were closed....
  6. 환불질문좀요..[Translation-Refund questions..]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    환불질문좀요..[Translation-Refund questions..]: 가 오늘 포르자 호라이즌4를 살 했는데요 그 게임인줄 알았는데 팩만 들어있어서 그게 디지털이라 환불형식도 없어서요 ... 환불하 다른걸 사 싶은데 환불을 어떻게하면 되나요?... 디지털로만 나와있어서요 .. 부탁드립니다.. [Transation-I was going to live in the Porsche Horizon 4 Today, I...
  7. Refund question

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refund question: I accidentally had bought the Anthem Legion of Dawn Edition and I meant to click on Anthem instead (as I only had enough money for that and not the special edition) I wanted a refund because my...
  8. Refund Question I have (Please Read)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refund Question I have (Please Read): I'm sorry to ask about this but for a few times, I tried refunding a few games I didn't liked, worked as expected and even bought by another one of my siblings and they would deny the refund. I...
  9. Question about refunding games that have been owned for more than 14+ days

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about refunding games that have been owned for more than 14+ days: I just had a question regarding the refund/return policy and wanted to know if Microsoft had changed it, I remember being able to refund a game that you had for over a year but if you didn't have...
  10. Question for Refunding

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question for Refunding: I Have Recently Tried for a refund request for a couple games and the form said they would send the attached email a notice whether the games were refunded yet and that was almost a week ago....