Questions about family accounts in XBox

Discus and support Questions about family accounts in XBox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday I purchased a new XBox for my son. I set it up quickly using my existing Microsoft account and purchased Minecraft Dungeons for him to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Arnon Axelrod, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Questions about family accounts in XBox

Hi,

Yesterday I purchased a new XBox for my son. I set it up quickly using my existing Microsoft account and purchased Minecraft Dungeons for him to play.

Then I installed the XBox Family app on my mobile device and started configuring a new account for my son.

Then when I tried to login to the XBox using my son's account he wasn't able to launch the game, as it asked him to sign in as the person who purchased it (me). So my first question is how can I share the application I already purchased with the new account
    I created for my son.

In addition, each time I sign in with either one of our accounts to the XBox device, I need to enter the password for this account with the on-screen keyboard, using the controller. This is pretty logical, but there are 2 problems that bother me:

1. Entering a complete password with on-screen keyboard using the controller is pretty cumbersome and inconvenient

2. Whenever I enter my own password, my son can easily see which keys I enter and know my password. As mentioned before, in order to allow my son to play Minecraft Dungeons, I need to log in with my account... I also guess that I'll need to enter the password
    once he'll want to purchase another game.

Note that I configured a passkey for my account but it still asked for my full password when I logged in to my account, so it doesn't seem to help. Am I missing something? Isn't there an easier way that to enter the full password each time one of us logs
    in?

I'm not sure if this is possible, but what I wish is that my son (and possibly other family members) will be able to log in without a password (just choose their user, or at most require to enter a pin code), and whenever I need to authorize a purchase,
    I'd like to do it from my mobile device. Is something like this possible?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Arnon Axelrod, Jan 12, 2021
  2. iDyl_n Win User

can i combine 2 accounts

Hey Michael,

As far as I'm concerned, you cannot combine two accounts into one. You can, however, add accounts to an Xbox One family.

Please checkout these two sources for additional information about the Xbox Family feature.

- https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/security/add-family-member-on-xbox-one

- https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/microsoft-account-family-benefits

Hopefully that answers your questions.
  3. Icy Hawk79 Win User

Question about Xbox Live Family accounts.

Ok so I just need to recover the account to my Xbox, add it to the Family Plan, and then it put it back on the other Xbox?
  4. Smwutches Win User

Question about Xbox Live Family accounts.

All the accounts need to be on the same console when you add them to the family plan. Afterwards they can used on any consoles you want to.
  5. Vdeathrow93 Win User

Question about xbox live family account.

You will have to buy a separate account for her. Only 4 members can be on a family gold pack.

Q: I have more than four people in my family. Is there an option to add more people to a Family Pack?

A: Currently, the Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack will only include four Xbox LIVE Gold accounts, but we’re looking forward to the community’s feedback and it’s something we may evolve in the future.

Taken directly from the FAQ:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/JoinLive/FamilyPackFAQ

Hope this helps! Happy gaming.
  6. DaT DaRthCleRiC Win User

Question about xbox live family account.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully the future means soon lol.
Thema:

Questions about family accounts in XBox

1. Questions about family accounts in XBox - Similar Threads - Questions family accounts

2. Xbox Family Security Question - Can I log in without passcode but require passcode for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Family Security Question - Can I log in without passcode but require passcode for...: I set up a family with myself and 2 children, one 9 and the other 13. I also have my profile set up to allow purchases. Because of that, my profile is set up with a passcode. Every time one of...
  3. Xbox family pass login question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox family pass login question: Hi there, would appreciate advice about how to solve a Xbox login question. I have set up my account as the Admin for our new Xbox Series S and with Family Pass added my two children. What I...
  4. Xbox Live Gold Family Sharing Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Family Sharing Question: Right now, I have two Xbox consoles in my home, one with only my account and another with my kids accounts. We share the online purchases and downloads from Game Pass on both Xboxes. If I upgrade...
  5. Game Pass and Family Accounts on New Generation, Smart Delivery Question Too

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Pass and Family Accounts on New Generation, Smart Delivery Question Too: Does anyone know how Game Pass and Family accounts are going to work when the Series S/X Launches? I currently have an Xbox One that has my primary Account (Game Pass Ultimate Member), that has...
  6. Family sharing, games question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family sharing, games question.: I have tried to look through previously asked questions but did not see the answer. I currently have 2 xboxs in the house. Game sharing is up and running, now I want to add another for my...
  7. Family account question need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family account question need help: i made my son a family account profile under my gold subscription on my xbox X a few years ago. I just recently purchased him a new xbox one S. Now i have a few questions: -to have all his saved...
  8. Xbox One X - Family Account Sharing Question

in XBoX Rewards
    Xbox One X - Family Account Sharing Question: I'm a father of three children 10B, 8G, 6B and am thinking of making the leap into buying our first console for the family. Right now the kids play games on their Ipads. Background:: I am an...
  9. Setting up Family account questions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting up Family account questions: We have had our Xbox One for a year now. My husband set up a user account and my nine year old has just been using the account as his own. I've since taken control of the Xbox from my husband...
  10. I need to reset my family account pass code but, I forgot it and the security question.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to reset my family account pass code but, I forgot it and the security question.: I haven't played my xBox in a while due to college. I would like to start playing it again. Unfortunately, I don't know my family settings pass code or security question. I tried to chat with...