Questions Regarding Removing Child Account

Discus and support Questions Regarding Removing Child Account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few years ago, when my ex and I first got an XBox for her son, I created a gamertag, profile and a child account for him to play under. I know he... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by robkbriggs, Oct 1, 2019.

1. robkbriggs
    robkbriggs Guest

A few years ago, when my ex and I first got an XBox for her son, I created a gamertag, profile and a child account for him to play under. I know he uses it some, but he also uses mine. I'm not sure why, but it's a secondary gamertag, so it's not a big deal.
    I have a primary gamertag that is not associated with any of that.

Now that he's 13, I don't see any reason for him to have a child accounts, but everything I've read basically says that there is no way to do what I would like. I was hoping someone would be able to at least give me a clearer answer than what I've seen.
    It seems like a waste for a kid to lose achievements, Xbox Gold, games, or whatever due to something betyond his control, or a rule that I might have not followed to the letter when I created the account.

1. If I remove him as a child from my account, then he has no access to any games he may have downloaded or achievements he may have playing under my gamertag, correct?

2. Is there a way to just combine everything from the child account with my gamertag, then give my gamertag to him to use going forward?

3. If not, is there a way to export\save any of his achievements, then delete his child account, and import them into my gamertag?

Apologies if I don't understand all of this, I'm not a gamer at all. I literally just bought our Xboxes for him to play games.

Thanks

:)

robkbriggs, Oct 1, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Rob,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is a question in regards to Family and child account. In reference to your questions:

1. If the child is playing under your gamertag, all saved progress, achievements and gamer score will only be linked to this gamertag.
    2. There is no available feature to merge data from 2 accounts.
    3. There is no available feature to export data.

To help clarify,

• When the account was created, did you follow the steps in this article:
      Create a child account and add family members on Xbox One?
    • Does the child account have a different email address from the primary adult account? If so, I recommend logging into
      Xbox.com to review the account profile and gamertag.

Let us know so we may further assist.
  3. robkbriggs Win User

Okay,

Thanks for you help.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to the child account, its ok to use a 3rd party email. We just want to make sure the child account has their own credentials such as different email. If the child used the adult account for any gameplay, that will not be
    transferrable.

For more information on removing a family member, check out this article: Remove a family member from your family on Xbox One.

• When a child is removed from the family, they won’t be able to use the Xbox service until they have been added to another family. See
      Add a new member to your family on Xbox One.
    • Anyone under the age of 18 is still considered a child on the Microsoft Platform.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.
  5. robkbriggs Win User

• When the account was created, did you follow the steps in this article: Create a child account and add family members on Xbox One?
    It was about 4 years ago, so I don't know if I followed that specific article, but I did follow an article from the Xbox\MSFT site to set it up. One thing that does concern me is that the child account wasn't set up with an @outlook account. I'm not really
    sure why that would be a necessity.

• Does the child account have a different email address from the primary adult account? If so, I recommend logging into Xbox.com to review the account profile and gamertag.

Yes, they have a separate email address from the primary account
  6. TaylorGriffiths- Eti Win User

Hotmail account is now adult however xbox live child account will not change. Adult account password has been forgotten.

Like I said all information regarding the account was lost so I can't fill in the form and the Microsoft community tell me to come back to leave questions on this site. why can no one simply remove the adult account from my child account for me! I need an
    agent to simply do that for me so that I can accept the terms and conditions!
Thema:

1. Questions Regarding Removing Child Account - Similar Threads - Questions Regarding Removing

2. Question Regarding Preview Alpha Skip-Ahead Invitations: Notification of Acceptance

in XboX Insiders
    Question Regarding Preview Alpha Skip-Ahead Invitations: Notification of Acceptance: Hello Insiders and Insiders’ Staff! I have a question regarding when Alpha Skip-Ahead notifications of acceptance will be sent to members that made the cut. As it was mentioned here and updated...
  3. Digital only Xbox - Question regarding games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digital only Xbox - Question regarding games: I have been looking at the digital only version of the Xbox One S, mainly to use in a different room for playing online at the same time as my son (on games that don't have 2 player / split...
  4. Question Regarding XBL Ultimate and Redeeming XBL Code

in XboX Insiders
    Question Regarding XBL Ultimate and Redeeming XBL Code: My brother pays month to month for XBL Ultimate. Someone bought him a 3 month XBL card. If he redeems this, how does this affect his XBL Ultimate membership? Thank you! submitted by...
  5. Question regarding a suspension

in XBoX Accessibility
    Question regarding a suspension: My son was suspended by a bully whom he blocked. How is that possible? 363b7928-d67a-49b3-ad05-a91879dd3a35
  6. Question regarding changing rings from Alpha to Beta

in XboX Insiders
    Question regarding changing rings from Alpha to Beta: Hello Reddit, I've been thinking about moving from the Alpha ring up to Beta or even Delta and I've been wondering if that will "factory reset" my Xbox to install the Beta/Delta ring and remove...
  7. question regarding xbox live gold conversion into game pass ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    question regarding xbox live gold conversion into game pass ultimate: Hi all, I just noticed the promotion that if you pay $1 it converts your xbox live gold time into the ultimate game pass time. I have about 18 months of xbox live gold on my account. It sounds...
  8. Question regarding audio quality Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Question regarding audio quality Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello everyone, I know this question may need further assistance elsewhere, but I am in the insider program so I thought I’d see if anyone else has this issue before I move on. Over the past few...
  9. A few short questions regarding my new controller's state

in XBoX on Windows
    A few short questions regarding my new controller's state: Hi, I'm being a bit paranoid on this, but since I was recommended in this forum to RMA my last controller because it had some kind of scratches in the A button, which ended up being cracks, I'd...
  10. Question regarding banned Xbox Live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding banned Xbox Live account: Good evening, I was wondering why this account was banned about 8 years ago, I honestly can't remember why and I'd like to know. Is also a way to unban it? I am planning of buying an Xbox console...