Questions regarding upgrading to Xbox series x

Discus and support Questions regarding upgrading to Xbox series x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have 3 questions: 1-I have a hard drive attached to my xbox one, If I plug it in my future xbox series x will I be able to play all the games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnsoundAli999, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Questions regarding upgrading to Xbox series x

I have 3 questions:

1-I have a hard drive attached to my xbox one, If I plug it in my future xbox series x will I be able to play all the games installed right away?

2-There are power outages where I live and I heard its not healthy for the xbox series x and I was advised to buy a UPS device and plug the xbox to it, Which UPS should I buy?

3-My internet isn't that good, Would that be a different case for the xbox series x and I must have a good connection? Or will it be as normal as the bad connection on my xbox one?

Thank you and sorry if I bored you

:)

UnsoundAli999, Nov 10, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. It will be a pleasure to answer your questions.

Question 1:

Yes, you will be able to play the games that are in External HD normally, however, if a game from the last generation Xbox One has a new generation update, it will be necessary to install it directly on the console's internal SSD so that you can play it with the new improvements generation.

Question 2:

Unfortunately, I can't suggest a brand or ups to buy, as these devices are not made by Microsoft, so I can't guarantee their quality.

Question 3:

No matter your connection speed, the Xbox Series x will work normally, however, downloads can take as long as the Xbox one due to your connection speed.

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Thank you, One more thing, Can I move a game from my attached hard drive to my console? I have fortnite installed on my attached hard drive so when I plug it in the xbox series x will I be able to move the game to my console internal hard drive and have the next gen benefit?
    I believe, if games are optimised for Series X/S, you will need to download and install as the version on your external drive would be the XBox One version. You could still play that version but it wouldn't have the next gen benefits.
  4. UnsoundAli999 Win User

Thank you, One more thing, Can I move a game from my attached hard drive to my console? I have fortnite installed on my attached hard drive so when I plug it in the xbox series x will I be able to move the game to my console internal hard drive and have the next gen benefit?
  5. Nursemorph Win User

TechRadar have a "Best UPS" list some are business models, some are way expensive but .might be a good place to start:

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-ups

APS is considered a good brand when it comes to UPS..however, some of their models don't have replaceable batteries so something to bear in mind/research before buying.

Generally, for a decent one you would be looking at £120+ ($150+)

Just found another list of 3:

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-uninterruptible-power-supplies-ups-for-pc/
  6. H3PA80R Win User

Ac valhalla

If your question is if there will be a special edition console, all you could do is wait for an announcement. The game will be playable on the Xbox One and the Xbox Series X consoles. If you buy it for the Xbox One you get the upgrade for the Series X
    for free.
Thema:

1. Questions regarding upgrading to Xbox series x - Similar Threads - Questions regarding upgrading

2. Question Regarding Dolby Vision Input Latency

in XboX Insiders
    Question Regarding Dolby Vision Input Latency: It’s been a few months now and the situation hasn’t improved. I’m seeking advice from those far more knowledgeable than me here. Why is it that Dolby Vision didn’t introduce extreme input latency...
  3. Question regarding dead zone size - Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding dead zone size - Xbox Elite Series 2: Hello, I just bought new Elite Series 2. One thing that surprised me is dead zone size. I play Battlefield (on PC) with this controller and i had to set dead zone size to 9 (100 is max value)....
  4. Question regarding warranty dates.

in XBoX on Windows
    Question regarding warranty dates.: I bought my new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller on July 27th, 2021. When I went to register it with Microsoft is says that I have warranty until 05/03/22. First of all I don't know if this means...
  5. Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Controller Firmware Update Question Regarding Xbox One Chatpad and Xbox Stereo...: Hello. I have an Xbox One Controller that I use for my computer. The Controller has the latest firmware update for use with the Xbox One Chatpad. If I want to use the Xbox One Stereo Headset...
  6. Regarding Forums Question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Regarding Forums Question: Hello here. I just wanted to ask a quick question regarding the forums. I used to be a pretty frequent forum user back in the late 2000s but took a break from Xbox for over 10 years. I’ve looked...
  7. Quick but technical question regarding how Xbox automatically allocates itself to 3074

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Quick but technical question regarding how Xbox automatically allocates itself to 3074: Quick but technical question regarding how Xbox automatically allocates itself to 3074 The following is an excerpt from Step 2 of Xbox one NAT troubleshooter section Advanced NAT (single console)...
  8. A question regarding community points.

in XboX Insiders
    A question regarding community points.: Is Microsoft Rewards Community points sharing coming back sometime soon? submitted by /u/SilentDrive83 [link] [comments]
  9. Question Regarding Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Game Pass: My Question is…. If I have Redeemed Game Pass Code From Saudi Arabia And I have to move to India Will the Banned Games In Saudi Arabia Will Be Available When I Change My Country or Region??(For...
  10. Question on Insider release notes regarding Donnie Darko 4K Blu-ray playback

in XboX Insiders
    Question on Insider release notes regarding Donnie Darko 4K Blu-ray playback: Currently, and beginning with the Alpha channel release notes on May 5th, there is a section that states: Blu-Ray Playback We are tracking an issue with poor playback (lost frames) during the 4K...