Quick resume broke on all games after last update for Series X when restarting console

Discus and support Quick resume broke on all games after last update for Series X when restarting console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After the last update at the end of November my Series X no longer keeps games in quick resume when restarting the console. I have the console set to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lt Farty Pants, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Quick resume broke on all games after last update for Series X when restarting console

After the last update at the end of November my Series X no longer keeps games in quick resume when restarting the console.

I have the console set to quick start so that when I turn it off it really goes into standby mode. Quick resume works fine when I do that but if I restart or do a full shutdown of the console all of the quick resume games are dropped and just start up from
    scratch.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

This was a big feature for Series X/S so I wish Microsoft would to get this working correctly.

:)

Lt Farty Pants, Dec 5, 2020
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox backwards compatibility team..

The back compat team are currently working on getting the games backward compatible on the Series X/S. No one knows if or when the program will resume after the games become compatible on the new console.
  3. rawcell Win User

Is it still possible to request backwards compatibility for xbox one?

Hi! Unfortunately, no new Backwards Compatible Games will be released until the new Xbox Series X releases. All BC work is now being done for the upcoming Xbox Series X. There is still no word if work on BC for Xbox One will be resumed after the release
    of the new console.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)

The backward compatibility program is currently on hold due to the teams working on the Xbox Series X console. There has been no word yet on when or if the program will resume after the new console release.
  5. Misses Quinzel Win User

Quick game resume not working after last update

Hey there, lock! That definitely could be a factor into this, especially since it's only affecting your digital games. Trying out the second step I posted above would be one way to confirm this; trying this console on a different internet connection. The
    way it could affect it is the time it takes for your console to connect to our servers to confirm you have the license for the game.

You could definitely reach out to your ISP to see if they are aware of any issues, or possibly swap out the device you have. We also have a large collection of devices listed in our
    Networking Hardware Information forums. You can check in there to see if your device may have a known issue that can be addressed simply by changing a setting or two. :)

Post back and let me know what route you're taking! We'll hopefully nail this one down. :3
  6. locksoft Win User

Quick game resume not working after last update

No, sorry Misses Quinzel, I'm not part of the preview (too bad, I'd like to be in that program, thu)

I just guessed I got an automatic update because until (about) 10 days ago the quick game resume worked for all games and now it only work on "shadow of Mordor" (that's the only game I've on physical support).

I've tried almost everything with online support, even deleting my profile, restoring console to defaults (loosing all my games) but it didn't solve the problem.
Thema:

Quick resume broke on all games after last update for Series X when restarting console

1. Quick resume broke on all games after last update for Series X when restarting console - Similar Threads - Quick resume broke

2. Series x shutted off while using quick resume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x shutted off while using quick resume: Hello. I had my series x since launch, finished many games on it included cod and valhalla, never shutted off until today, what happened was that i started valhalla with quick resume, the pics...
  3. Quick resume not working at all (Series S)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Quick resume not working at all (Series S): I have had the Series S for about 2 weeks now and quick resume hasn't worked at all I know that some games are currently disabled from using it, but no games at all have worked with it for me,...
  4. Is Quick Resume working for anyone?

in XboX Insiders
    Is Quick Resume working for anyone?: Hey, idk if it’s only me or if everyone is having this issue, but is quick resume working for anyone? Only like 2 of my games seem to have it, everything else just closes completely when I try to...
  5. Big problem with quick resume and external HDD

in XboX Insiders
    Big problem with quick resume and external HDD: I was wondering why quick resume never works when i turn on my Xbox (i have it on energy saving mode). All games start new. I tested a lot of things and nothing worked. Then i had the idea to...
  6. Quick resume rarely works after powering off the console.

in XboX Insiders
    Quick resume rarely works after powering off the console.: I’ve been consciously making sure that I back out without exiting the games and not playing a lot of other games in between to bump games out of the cache yet the majority of the time when I power...
  7. My quick resume is not working. The titles work for my friends.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My quick resume is not working. The titles work for my friends.: My quick resume is not working. The titles work for my friends. 4e3ce138-8541-4b24-9b3f-0d76e4c5267a
  8. Quick Resume is amazing but not every game benefits from it. Any hopes for a toggle for...

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Resume is amazing but not every game benefits from it. Any hopes for a toggle for...: Quick Resume has been very useful to me while I juggle CyberPunk and Yakuza 7 and whatever occasional game of Apex or FighterZ I get invited to. Quick Resume is amazing when I can hop from...
  9. Quick Resume making Modern Warfare crash, have to quit game fully every time to start it...

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Resume making Modern Warfare crash, have to quit game fully every time to start it...: I mostly play Call of Duty, and the Quick Resume is making it get stuck on Starting screens/Connecting to server screen on Modern Warfare. I noticed the only fix was to actually quit the game....
  10. Is there a place to request games to be added to Quick Resume?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a place to request games to be added to Quick Resume?: I think quick resume is a really cool feature but a bunch of my games don’t support it. Is there place to request games to have this feature added? I really want the Megaman Zero Collection to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. quick resume broken