Rage 1 compatibility error on Xbox one

Discus and support Rage 1 compatibility error on Xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there i have seen other closed topics on this subject, but nothing that resolved the issue as far as i could see i have a working set of 3 rage 1... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MartinO'Leary1, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Rage 1 compatibility error on Xbox one

Hi there

i have seen other closed topics on this subject, but nothing that resolved the issue as far as i could see

i have a working set of 3 rage 1 disks, the game installs and works fine in campaign mode which is just disk one content. When i try to use the multiplayer mode, if asks for disk 3 and when inserted gives error

0x8082000c.

From previous posts it seems that this is something to do with the license being on disk 1 but i was not able to find anything that would make it work. Do i need to buy this off microsoft store (if its available)?

the disks 100% work - ive been through those steps and also have 2 lots of disks, both produce this result and both work in a borrowed 360

any advice very gratefully received. The split screen is our favourite game and dont want to have to buy a 360 to play

thanks martin.

:)

MartinO'Leary1, Sep 9, 2019
  2. RedCarGamer Win User

Try this steps:

1 - Eject disc

2 - On the main menu press and HOLD 10 sec the power button of the console , wait 30 sec , restart console

3 - Sign in with your account , be sure to be connected on Xbox live

4 - Put the game disc , you should see the update message popup

If doesnt work, uninstall the game, and do all above steps again.
  3. darkist1 Win User

Hi Martin,

This is a great game, sorry you're experiencing these problems.

The error you're receiving is an error stating the xbox is failing to read the disc properly.

Here's a troubleshooting xbox disc errors link for you.

Hopefully this helps.
  4. TomaToMcNuggets Win User

Rage for Xbox One

sounds like it’s an error in their methods, i’ve never had an issue with my 3 discs backwards compat Rage.
  5. Chris Brown MCM Win User

PLEASE MAKE THIS GAME BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE!

Can you guys please make dragonball raging blast 1 and 2 backwards compatible please
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Rage for Xbox One

The game Rage did NOT come out for the Xbox One. Rage 2 (the successor) is a native Xbox One game.

The three disc version of Rage (the first), is a Xbox 360 title and is playable on the Xbox One via Backwards compatibility. Could you snap a photo of the box where it says that it's a Xbox One game?

For Xbox 360 backwards compatible games, you will HAVE TO be connected online, as the data on the disc itself is unusable for the Xbox One directly (to put it in layman's terms: the language on the disc can't be understood by the Xbox One hardware).

The Xbox 360 disc only serves as a proof of purchase, and the Xbox One should download the game in a "translated" form from the Live marketplace, so the Xbox One hardware can "understand" the game language and run it.

For multi-disc games like Rage, you will only need to have disc 1 inserted. Whenever the game asks you to switch discs, keep disc 1 in the Xbox One drive and continue.

And again: Make sure that your console has the game installed. It will not run off the disc. The disc is only checked during startup, to check if you really own the game.
Thema:

1. Rage 1 compatibility error on Xbox one - Similar Threads - Rage compatibility error

2. rage 2 on xbox one x freezing within 20 seconds only in game play if attached to internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    rage 2 on xbox one x freezing within 20 seconds only in game play if attached to internet: Hi Have problems with Rage 2 freezing ever time within 10 to 20 seconds of the start of game play. This only happens if connected to internet Works fine if i unplug internet. I have just added a...
  3. Rage 2 crashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rage 2 crashing: Hi all. Need help. About 10 hours into Rage 2. On xbox one S. Loaded my last save to play, about 20 seconds in, the screen froze along with a loud buzzing sound. After about 10 seconds of this, it...
  4. Unable to play rage 2 / boarderlands 3 due to crashes. Looking for other games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to play rage 2 / boarderlands 3 due to crashes. Looking for other games: I pre-ordered borderlands 3 but was unable to play it as it kept turning off my console and got a refund. I then decided to buy and download Rage 2 worked great for about a week now whenever I...
  5. Backwards Compatible Rage in French

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards Compatible Rage in French: I have recently gotten the "Xbox Game Pass Ultimate" and downloaded the Backwards Compatible version of Rage but when i launched the game it was all in French, my Xbox language is English and i...
  6. FIST OF THE NORTH STAR KEN'S RAGE ON Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FIST OF THE NORTH STAR KEN'S RAGE ON Backwards Compatibility: Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage was my Main Game on my XBOX 360, so I hope I can play it on my XBOX ONE X. 292ad5a4-2e9e-4967-9bd1-12c9238c7cd6
  7. Dragonball raging blast 1&2 backwards compatible please make this happen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragonball raging blast 1&2 backwards compatible please make this happen: I really miss playing these games cant believe it hasnt been backwards compatible yet please make this happen bcfbae05-8209-4646-b85b-24a9511d3727
  8. Retro compatible - Rage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Retro compatible - Rage: Does anyone know when will the game be available again for Xbox? I would really like to play it... 432684b0-c217-4b03-a2c4-bae59d159e89
  9. Can't get RAGE backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get RAGE backwards compatible: When I try to install game it doesn't download.in the store it says rage is currently not available,this has been ongoing for weeks now,are there any plans at Microsoft to sort this problem...
  10. Xbox one backwards compatibility issue with Rage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one backwards compatibility issue with Rage: I've tried dealing with them on this but have not heard anything back. Rage seems to have an issue with the sound bugging out and also freezing during missions to the point the game crashes....