random black screening Xbox one X

Discus and support random black screening Xbox one X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having issues with my xbox 1 x randomly black screening ill load up a game of fifa or call of duty and mid game my screen goes black. i can still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Axggie, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Axggie
    Axggie Guest

I'm having issues with my xbox 1 x randomly black screening ill load up a game of fifa or call of duty and mid game my screen goes black. i can still hear my game and everything is still working when this happens but i just cant see it and then i goes
    back to normal this happens quite often, is there a fix or do i have to send it in?

:)

Axggie, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Axggie Win User

[Mod Removed - Self Repair] This is my issue. This guy fixes it for 1/2 the cost
  3. xXCrymsonVampXx Win User

I tried contacting xbox but they were no help also
  4. Axggie Win User

Why do we have to pay for a hardware repair when it wasn't our fault the HDMI port stopped working this doesn't seem fair since it clearly the manufacturers problem
    The cause of the fault hasn't been determined yet. This may be a combination of, sound setup, monitors, cables and/or the XB1X console.

The best advice when setting up is to keep it simple. Once you have the console working in a basic way you can then add things like AVReceiver and ARC HDMI for eg.

As with all electronic devices, faults occur, hence the warranty period when purchasing them.

The cause of the problem is a faulty IC TDP158 Retimer so it seems im not the only one with this problem there is videos on youtube showing what wrong with it Microsoft know its a manufacturer problem but doesnt want to do a recall for the xbox one x

Its definitely nothing on my end ive done every possible fix for this. It makes sense that it was the chip itself going bad because it progressively got worse. first it was a minor cut out once in a blue moon and progressed into constant flickering and now
    where i am at with no picture at all. I get no HDMI sound either. but i still get it through my astros when i hook them up and can still hear the start up and the cursor moving across the home. While microsoft wants 270 to fix the issue, ive already contacted
    a third party service that will fix it for a 3rd of the price. WHAT A RIP OFF ill be sure to let my cousin Turner aka TFUE to know about this so he can drag the 1X on his live streams.
  5. xXCrymsonVampXx Win User

Why do we have to pay for a hardware repair when it wasn't our fault the HDMI port stopped working this doesn't seem fair since it clearly the manufacturers problem
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Every ten seconds or so it cuts out to black and comes back on after 2-3 seconds ive figured out the sound goes out as well im just hearing it via the s-cable audio to my astros.
    I read thru and noticed you bought a new HDMI cable and you're still having the issue with black screen and you're having sound issues as well now.

The last thing I would try before seeing about getting the console repaired is to unplug your headset so sound is only thru TV, plug the console directly into a TV with the original cable that came with the XB1X to check it, and then try your new HDMI cable
    to check it.

If you still get the issue, see
    Warranty and Repairs
Thema:

1. random black screening Xbox one X - Similar Threads - random black screening

2. black screen happens randomly while playing minecraft

in XBoX on Consoles
    black screen happens randomly while playing minecraft: While playing minecraft on xbox 10 our screen will continually switch to a black screen and have audio only. I have tried powering down by holding the off button for 10 sec and then I tried...
  3. Xbox X random black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X random black screen: Hi, I bought an Xbox X and my screen would randomly go black for about 2 seconds then everything would go back to normal, returned xbox, got another, same situation, changed HDMI, and still doing...
  4. Random black flickering with Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random black flickering with Xbox X: Hi there, I just got a Xbox X (6 days old). TV: LG 42LB5700 When I play a game or I'm just at the dashboard, from time to time, the screen goes black for just 1-2 seconds. It's a random issue....
  5. Call of Duty Black Ops 3 disc installation randomly stops installation.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Black Ops 3 disc installation randomly stops installation.: Hey everyone, Recently I brought a pre-owned copy of Call of Duty Black Ops 3 for Xbox one. As I normally do I put the game straight into the console to install the game, so I can play it later....
  6. Randomly disconnects me from xbox live while playing Black Ops 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Randomly disconnects me from xbox live while playing Black Ops 2: Every time i launch bo2 to play some zombies. Ill be in the middle of a game an boom disconnected from xbox live. But im in a party with friends. No lag. No issues with live when playing xbox one...
  7. xbox one dashboard randomly goes black and all i can see is my notifications and guide.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one dashboard randomly goes black and all i can see is my notifications and guide.: xbox one dashboard randomly goes black and all i can see is my notifications and guide. then i have to press guide and then home option just to get back to the dashboard....
  8. Random Black Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Black Screen: When playing Modern Warfare remastered the entire screen shut off on me. I unplugged the HDMI cable and plugged it back in and the screen came back on. Anyone experience this issue before?...
  9. Random Black Screen while playing Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Black Screen while playing Games: Recently on my BENQ gaming Monitor whilst playing Destiny I've been getting random 1-3 second black screen before it goes back to the game & sometimes happens a few times in a row. My monitor does...
  10. Random Black Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Black Screen: Does anyone's X1 randomly go to a black screen? Last week I noticed while on the home screen it would go to a black screen every few minutes for about 5-10 seconds each time. Last night for the...