random followers that could be bots on xbox?

Discus and support random followers that could be bots on xbox? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I actually have asked a somewhat similar question to this before 4 months ago whereby I asked how come random people are adding me on xbox, and a... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by SpringPea, May 12, 2022.

1. SpringPea
    SpringPea Guest

I actually have asked a somewhat similar question to this before 4 months ago whereby I asked how come random people are adding me on xbox, and a moderator replied to me and told me that it could be due to I appeared in a streamer's game, but then I dont remember being in a streamer's game, nor a streamer has invited me to his lobby before. This then leads me to suspect that some of the random people that added me as their friend could be bot accounts instead, as I have never seen them before in any of the Minecraft bedrock servers I play

So is it possible some of the random people who followed me on xbox could be bot accounts instead? I have a strong feeling that there's a high chance of some of the followers under my xbox account could be bot accounts

:)

SpringPea, May 12, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

It's possible. It could also be people finding you through people they have on friend's lists or something like that.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Weird gamertags on xbox live

No they are not actual Developers. I have random people on my friends list that has "Dev" or "Developer" along with another word or numbers in their Gamertag. They are likely bots. There is a big problem with tens of thousands of bots being created for
    websites you can go to, to "buy followers". People go to these sites and pay money to people to buy followers, and it is these bots that they "buy" to follow them. Many bots are made just to follow people for a follower number, through these websites. It's
    either that or someone just doing something strange and creating multiple accounts, maybe for game boosting etc.
  4. comptonstar Win User

Follower bots

it's always a strange ''girls'' who followed me with 0 G lol
  5. Ernesto Andrade Win User

Follower bots

Hi, you can report the Fake profiles
  6. God Unicron Win User

Follower bots

Thanks guys. I've been blocking and reporting. Hopefully it stops soon.
Thema:

1. random followers that could be bots on xbox? - Similar Threads - random followers bots

2. Random shutoffs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random shutoffs: Twice now my xbox has made the ding sound like someone touched the power button, and then waited a few seconds before powering off completely. Upon turning back on, there is no notification of...
  3. Some random guy asked me to invite him to a party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Some random guy asked me to invite him to a party: So i was just playing forza and i get this message from a guy saying "yo", and i respond with "who is this?" and then he responds with "Inv" then "plz" so i do because im very confused, he joins...
  4. For anyone currently being spammed by random followers, the program being used against you...

in XboX Insiders
    For anyone currently being spammed by random followers, the program being used against you...: A lot of people are being spammed by wannabe influencers trying to artificially boost their follower count by mass spamming follows and then unfollowing everyone shortly afterward hoping that some...
  5. Influx of Random Followers That Disappear Immediately, Anyone Else Having This Happen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Influx of Random Followers That Disappear Immediately, Anyone Else Having This Happen?: I'm just curious if anyone else is having this happen recently as I couldn't find anything online and is Microsoft aware of this? I'm assuming these are bot accounts because if I happen to be...
  6. xbox live random account followers who you've not gamed with , no friends with, not even in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live random account followers who you've not gamed with , no friends with, not even in...: after asking this question: i keep getting random unsolicited users following me on my profile I go look at their profiles and it lists no friends but they follow thousands of users, and have low...
  7. i keep getting random unsolicited users following me on my profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting random unsolicited users following me on my profile: I go look at their profiles and it lists no friends but they follow thousands of users, and have low to no Gamerscore. what are they up to?, i did not play any games with them i am not looking...
  8. Prevent random people from adding me as friends/following me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prevent random people from adding me as friends/following me.: Everywhere I look online and from speaking with support, this doesn't seem to be possible. The answer is to block the user, change my privacy settings so only friends can see data, etc. It's great...
  9. My follower count increased by hundreds randomly.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My follower count increased by hundreds randomly.: Hi I had a question that I can't find an answer to, I've tried contacting Xbox they couldn't help me. On my Xbox profile I have about 650 followers on Xbox I make clips with the Upload Studio...
  10. Xbox one s day one Random Beep followed by a low click. EVERYDAY!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s day one Random Beep followed by a low click. EVERYDAY!: I have a Xbox One S day one release and everyday at least once usually a few times a day it will beep once and its followed by a much lower click. I am a PC/Networking tech, it has been happening...